• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dmancornell

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 17, 2018
    Austin
    Dmancornell, let me give a suggestion, next time your house is burgled, call your neighborhood drug dealer, rapist, etc., instead of those dreadful police. See how that works out for you!

You do realize we are on a firearms forum, right? Or are your guns just for show?
    Gun Zone Deals

dmancornell

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 17, 2018
    Austin
    I'll say one thing, this Balch Springs cop gets around. Murdered Samantha Ramsey too?

Try reading the thread. That case was brought up because the cops used the same lame excuse both times under very similar circumstances. Except in Balch Springs case, the police chief refused to back the killer.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Wish you would reconsider. I thought you handled the situation fine. When you block them, it gives them satisfaction, and the idea that you can't handle his rhetoric.

Thanks Lockhart; I simply prefer dialogue over rhetoric.

Besides, if some mouth breathing window licker gains satisfaction from little old me ignoring them, that’s their problem.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Well, another one on the news today. Mom is on TV why did you shoot my kid. Well he was running from a traffic stop, had a gun and pounds of MJ in the car. We'll see how this one goes.

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    Well, another one on the news today. Mom is on TV why did you shoot my kid. Well he was running from a traffic stop, had a gun and pounds of MJ in the car. We'll see how this one goes.

Let's hope there's controversy, lord help us if dismanornry had to go to a range and shoot a gun instead of shooting off his mouth here.

justashooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    When the other officer testified he didn't think his life was in danger was probably the game changer. Wasn't there and the officer seems to have a history of drawing his gun unjustifiably but the victims were not choir boys.
    Now you will have more officers hesitate to pull the trigger when justified and it will be harder to fill open positions.
    I sure would not be a patrol officer today.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    I do not know this kid, and I presume you did not either. However from all accounts he was a pretty good kid. Anyone that makes a sweeping generalization like "the victims were not choir boys" without the facts is part of any problem that might exist. I am retired from law enforcement, and I can tell you there are police officers that should not be in that line of work. I do not know the details of this case other than media reports. I will not comment on this officer's character because I do not know if it is defective, or if he just made a grave mistake.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I can tell you there are police officers that should not be in that line of work. ... I will not comment on this officer's character because I do not know if it is defective, ...
    That's reasonable.

OTOH, I'm willing to go there. Some years ago, a Houston officer was fired for using excessive force that got someone killed. The situation struck me as one of those "Why didn't he get indicted for something?" situations. However, I didn't know the facts of the case in detail and I'm not willing to comment on the merits of those particular circumstances.

However, I did know the officer. I had grown up with him. I played on the same Little League team as his younger brother. He was an out-of-control psycho bully from day one. I have no idea how that insane bastard ever passed any psychological evaluation for any position that would put a badge on him, give him a gun, and let him walk around in public. I can understand his motivation. As a kid, he took pleasure in torturing anyone he could get away with torturing. As an adult, I can't imagine any job he'd want more; being a police officer would afford him the maximum opportunity to get his sick jollies daily.

What mystified me was how any police department could be so institutionally incompetent as to hire the son of a bitch.

LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    I know of 3 guys I was in school with, Ben, that were the same way. Nothing but bullies in school, and all three went on to be Austin police officers, and retired from there.

LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    No sir, they did not. All of them were friends of mine. Although they were bullies, I wasn't. They knew who to fool with, and who not to fool with. They weren't stupid, just could be bullies at times.

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    I do not know this kid, and I presume you did not either. However from all accounts he was a pretty good kid. Anyone that makes a sweeping generalization like "the victims were not choir boys" without the facts is part of any problem that might exist. I am retired from law enforcement, and I can tell you there are police officers that should not be in that line of work. I do not know the details of this case other than media reports. I will not comment on this officer's character because I do not know if it is defective, or if he just made a grave mistake.
    Well if you won't comment and we all took your hint, the forums on the web sites would be pretty f'king boring. Fine, you don't like sweeping generalizations. Like I care.
    You must have been fun to work with on a shift. I agree, some people should not be cops.
    We form generalized opinions every day to you know, work, live, make decisions to protect us or our family, well except you apparently.
    Maybe he was a good kid and maybe I am wrong but I answered my fair share party calls as well and don't recall finding too many saints there.
    So do you know enough to comment on the shot that rang out and what authorities did in response to that? I wouldn't want you to comment if you didn't have all the facts.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rod99
    Top Bottom