• ...and so much more!
  • navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Obviously, they just don't get it. Who cares if some one is offended. A man gave his life for his country, and they are worrying about some non American idiot customer being offended by a display of gratitude for a brave man paying the ultimate price. If I banked there, my money would be out in a heart beat.

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    According to Fox today they had lost 1/2 million is deposits,small amount for this bank but a start.

Bullseye Shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Texas Panhandle
    My great granduncle was one of the original Board members when Bank of America (then Bank of Italy) was founded in Oakland, California. I'm sure he's turning in his grave, since all of them came to the U.S. for a better life and this kind of political correctness would not fly with them.

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    Isn't the area of the sidewalk to the roadway city or county property? Isn't that considered easement for the city or county?
    anyway rediculous is about all I can say.

thorkyl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Brazoria County
    Damn, and I just got my blood pressure under control.
    Guess I need to go close my accounts that I have with them.
    I will make sure my branch manager knows why.

Another US company goes communist.

APatriot

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Houston, Tx
    My friend,

I was "mad" when I read this article. I do not bank with BofA, and for sure now, I will never give them my business.

But, not to belittle other military services, but the USMC is what Sparta was to the Greek city-states; the USMC is what the pretorian guard was to Ceasar; the USMC is what the Immortals were to the Persians.

It is all well. The USMC is loved by the American people. History has shown the USMC as the Tip of the Spear utilized throughout American history to be the first to fight for freedom and nothing anyone, including BofA, can negate that noble responsibility.

Semper Fi even to BofA, since the USMC has played a significant role in defending their right even for those a-holes to achieve wealth in a free market system, at least for now.

This article made me very angry I believe this has come to a point where anyone who does this should be jailed and/or sent to a favorite third world country of their choice perhaps work under a flag they respect,I've lost all middle ground thinking on this subject.:mad:

[URL="http://www.captainsjournal.com/2009/09/20/bank-of-america-removes-american-flags-honoring-dead-marine/"][url]http://www.captainsjournal.com/2009/09/20/bank-of-america-removes-american-flags-honoring-dead-marine/[/URL][/URL]

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    I have and am hitting Bank of America right where it hurts them the most...In their pocketbook ! Done with 'em !

God Bless the Fallen Marine and comfort to his Family. The ultimate sacrifice paid to the United states, we Patriots and former Marines by a young man doing his duty to
    GOD-HONOR- COUNTRY....Rest in Peace, little Brother.........

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    I have and am hitting Bank of America right where it hurts them the most...In their pocketbook ! Done with 'em !

God Bless the Fallen Marine and comfort to his Family. The ultimate sacrifice paid to the United states, we Patriots and former Marines by a young man doing his duty to
    GOD-HONOR- COUNTRY....Rest in Peace, little Brother.........

Ahem,we the consumer have the power use it, unless we respect our troops, flag, all else is lost,it is not about the government it's about the people who try to do right each day,working, serving in the military, taking care of family.

idleprocess

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW.com
    Anyone else notice that this was the sole action of the branch manager and not the bank as a whole? There are certainly plenty of reasons to hate BoA, but judging the entire organization by the actions of a single branch manager is irrational.

I'm sure that some will angle off of the "miscommunication in corporate policy" ... which could have been as simple as misinterpretation of a policy against posting signs or other literature with discretion left to local management (which they clearly got wrong). The statement is not specific, so one can't even make an educated guess about its content.

2Shots1Wound

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    Honestly I can barely accept that this story has any merit what so ever (BS??). If any "citizen" is offended and can't stomach this gester then I consider that person our enemy. They are part of the problem.
    Maybe its just the piss, vinegar & beer tonight. Whatever....

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Go to their corporate website....lodge a complaint and DEMAND the manager responsible be fired. ANYone with THAT much lack of judgement has NO business being a bank manager! Explain to them that while you don't bank at THAT branch, you don't want to do business with ANY bank that allows THAT poor kind of judgement to continue their employment, because it makes you wonder at THEIR judgement.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Obviously, they just don't get it. Who cares if some one is offended. A man gave his life for his country, and they are worrying about some non American idiot customer being offended by a display of gratitude for a brave man paying the ultimate price. If I banked there, my money would be out in a heart beat.
    Well said Navy!

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Anyone else notice that this was the sole action of the branch manager and not the bank as a whole? There are certainly plenty of reasons to hate BoA, but judging the entire organization by the actions of a single branch manager is irrational.

The lady who planted flags said the manager told her it was company policy, upon hearing this woman with flags said she drove to another branch and it was not flying the flag however all other companies were in this town. I can only relay what I seen reported.

My advice watch what they do not what they say.

Top Bottom