• TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Federally donated (donut?) vehicle for Ector county? Really needed out in W. Texas?
    Actually, they do need something like that in West Odessa once in a while. Around 2010 or so, about a mile west of that bar, a guy shot an oil company rep and a couple ECSD Deputies. Then holed up in his secret underground bunker for a couple days. He even disabled a TxDPS helo with his 50 Cal machine gun.

https://www.oaoa.com/news/article_fe2303de-7fa3-5323-ab65-38f58fbddbaa.html
    Texas SOT

Last edited:

Wilderness 1864

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2020
    Pennsyltucky
    And risk getting shot? No thanks.
    The group was open texas, not open carry texas.

I read the report of the Sheriff's press conference. Since he wasn't under oath, he can say whatever without repercussions. According to a newspaper report he did say he learned about the gathering from someone in the media who told him about a Facebook post claiming people were coming to Odessa with body armor and maybe automatic weapons. So, I ask if this was just another media snowflake with little knowledge hyperventilating, or was it more like someone in the media trying to provoke a bit of SWATing, an activity that is criminal. It might well have ended very differently. I hope that this is possibility is investigated. If that was true, your biggest criminal in this whole sad episode is a "journalist".

One last thought. This is a video taped by an LEO somewhere. Even if the guy is not authentic, the message is right on the money and all LEOs could benefit from watching it.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    ...If that was true, your biggest criminal in this whole sad episode is a "journalist".

No, the biggest criminal is still the sheriff and posse. First of all for depriving Americans of their rights and two if he went off hysterical, social media hearsay, he’s pretty bad at his job. He should know better on both accounts. Get some rope.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I read the report of the Sheriff's press conference. Since he wasn't under oath, he can say whatever without repercussions. According to a newspaper report he did say he learned about the gathering from someone in the media who told him about a Facebook post claiming people were coming to Odessa with body armor and maybe automatic weapons. So, I ask if this was just another media snowflake with little knowledge hyperventilating, or was it more like someone in the media trying to provoke a bit of SWATing, an activity that is criminal. It might well have ended very differently. I hope that this is possibility is investigated. If that was true, your biggest criminal in this whole sad episode is a "journalist".

One last thought. This is a video taped by an LEO somewhere. Even if the guy is not authentic, the message is right on the money and all LEOs could benefit from watching it.

Wonder what department he works for. Hope he keeps his job after that video

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    No, the biggest criminal is still the sheriff and posse. First of all for depriving Americans of their rights and two if he went off hysterical, social media hearsay, he’s pretty bad at his job. He should know better on both accounts. Get some rope.
    Yep. They may have an obligation to investigate reports as they have availability, but nothing compels them to go way overboard in a response or way outside of their authority like they did.

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    I just have one question. The sheriff was way out of line, that's a given. But what was those out of town rabble rousers doing there with their AR's? Think maybe it might have been handled differently if it had just been the bar open and the usual clientele? Who notified the sheriff about all of this anyway? I know my guess.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    After watching most of the video, I was wondering when it became a requirement to have a sign, if you are protesting something. The sheriff kept saying that they weren’t protesting because none of them had signs. Is this some new executive order that we don’t know about… LOL
    In this case the openly carried rifles are the sign.

loaded “AR-15 type weapons” which they said they did not intend to use, but only had because it represented their Second Amendment rights. They said they carried in defense of the bar’s First Amendment rights.
    https://www.oaoa.com/announcements/article_813ecf9a-8e6f-11ea-ad18-138272f48fd8.html

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Screenshot_20200507-160002_Facebook.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200507-160002_Facebook.jpg
      Screenshot_20200507-160002_Facebook.jpg
      174.3 KB · Views: 708

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    They were exercising constitutionally protected freedoms. What ECSD may or may not have done is mental masturbation for any given hypothetical; it’s what they did that matters.

Is that kinda like the KKK, "Black Lives Matter", SNCC, and other protest groups that travel around the country stirring up chit? That bunch didn't do us any favors AFA the 2nd Amendment is concerned.

I guess you overlooked the fact I stated the sheriff's office was completely out of line, about as far one way as that group was the other. Just because you can do something doesn't mean it's smart.

Top Bottom