• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    I didn't read the entire thread, but the OP asked about belt recommendations. Kore may have already been mentioned.

I just bought one and had it about a week. It is sturdy and almost infinitely adjustable (think zip tie).

About $60 shipped with several choices of buckle and a 10% first-timer's discount.

It does require a different procedure for putting it on due to stiffness. And, it's made out of a cordura material which irritated my dunlap in one tiny spot when I wore my shirt untucked. I don't think that will be a recurring problem.

Much sturdier than leather and easy to adjust. I like it and it gives plenty of support for carry.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Wow. I didn't realize this thread was almost 8 months old. I'm sure the OP has already found a belt by now!
    Maybe not....

Pops1955

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Yes, I’ve done a search and there is nothing recent although a couple years ago there was something on Kore and Grip6.

I’m in the market for a new gun belt. I’ve gone thru Hank’s, El Paso Saddlery, and a lot of Crossbreed belts on the leather side and LBT on the textile. I’m looking a high quality gun belt that fits through 1.5” belt loops. I’m usually replacing belts once a year when the support gives out as I generally have an OWB mag carrier and switch between INW and OBW a double-stack, commander-sized 1911.

I don’t care about the material as much as I care about the belt being sturdy; if you have any recommendations, drop them here.
    I got a "Next Belt Nation" belt for Christmas. Got another one since then. Got tan. Bought black. Best I have ever had.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Wow. I didn't realize this thread was almost 8 months old. I'm sure the OP has already found a belt by now!

I did. Followed @zackmars ‘ suggestion

Ciguerra arrived! Coyote w/black buckle. First impressions:

1. Super light
    2. Way more rigid than good leather
    3. ‘Normal’ belt thickness compared to double-layer leather.

Feels like pounds dropped on my EDC rig.

236886295d69b905b2fde66c1a38b4f2.jpg

eb020613a42ecb65099736753d783a5a.jpg

Eight months later and I’m still liking it. Only area for improvement is the elastic keeper; I’d prefer something different, but that’s just a nit.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I didn't read the entire thread, but the OP asked about belt recommendations. Kore may have already been mentioned.

I just bought one and had it about a week. It is sturdy and almost infinitely adjustable (think zip tie).

About $60 shipped with several choices of buckle and a 10% first-timer's discount.

It does require a different procedure for putting it on due to stiffness. And, it's made out of a cordura material which irritated my dunlap in one tiny spot when I wore my shirt untucked. I don't think that will be a recurring problem.

Much sturdier than leather and easy to adjust. I like it and it gives plenty of support for carry.

Oh sure, rerail the train before it wrecks. You're no fun.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Maybe not....

Reminds me of the streaker fad back in the last century. Saw one briefly at local mall and the famous one at the Oscar presentations.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas

Maybe a final comment about Kore belts. They come ready for up to 40+ inch waist size so you can cut it to best length. As the carpenter says measure twice, cut once. I cut mine a bit a first then wore it with different EDC gear/clothing options to get to best length. Try it out first before cutting too much.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Maybe a final comment about Kore belts. They come ready for up to 40+ inch waist size so you can cut it to best length. As the carpenter says measure twice, cut once. I cut mine a bit a first then wore it with different EDC gear/clothing options to get to best length. Try it out first before cutting too much.
    Love mine I'm using nylon
    X2GUNBLK_1000px_900x.jpg

Nicholst55

Retired, Twice.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2021
    Houston Area
    I'm late to the party, and I'm not going to read 10 pages of posts to catch up. I just want to make a general comment. Not all belts and holsters are compatible with each other. Case in point: I have a very nice Jerry Bissell (since retired) belt that I have worn daily for many years. It is excellent quality, double layer, and quite thick. I really like it. I recently bought a Milt Sparks Summer Special 2 IWB holster. And the very first time that I wanted to use this combo, I discovered that the belt is too thick for the belt loops on the Milt Sparks holster!

So, I bought a Blackhawk CQB Rigger's Belt to use the Milt Sparks holster with. I wore one for several years, beginning in 2006, but it went missing in one of my moves. I replaced it with one from Amazon, and can now use my Milt Sparks holster.

The moral of the story is to check before you buy!

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    I'm late to the party, and I'm not going to read 10 pages of posts to catch up. I just want to make a general comment. Not all belts and holsters are compatible with each other. Case in point: I have a very nice Jerry Bissell (since retired) belt that I have worn daily for many years. It is excellent quality, double layer, and quite thick. I really like it. I recently bought a Milt Sparks Summer Special 2 IWB holster. And the very first time that I wanted to use this combo, I discovered that the belt is too thick for the belt loops on the Milt Sparks holster!

So, I bought a Blackhawk CQB Rigger's Belt to use the Milt Sparks holster with. I wore one for several years, beginning in 2006, but it went missing in one of my moves. I replaced it with one from Amazon, and can now use my Milt Sparks holster.

The moral of the story is to check before you buy!
    And another moral is to have a large box to toss all those gun accessories into when they don't work out. I have spent at least as much money on belts/holsters/mag pouches/clothes etc as the gun I choose to carry. Expensive lessons.

Attachments

• depositphotos_65013861-stock-photo-box-of-unwanted-stuff.jpg
      depositphotos_65013861-stock-photo-box-of-unwanted-stuff.jpg
      63.3 KB · Views: 50

cajunautoxer

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    Houston
    Is there a way to put more notches in a belt? I have lost 65lbs and my 2 Versa carry belts don't fit anymore. I may have to call Versacarry but was trying to find other avenues.

Top Bottom