Lynx Defense

Benefits of shooting with your off hand.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gummi Bear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2015
    Arlington
    I thought everyone did this?¿?¿

I was taught to shoot a handgun with both hands and my daughter does too.

Certainly not as fast, but just as accurate.

It always seemed like a good idea to me.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    I have practiced shooting a handgun with my right hand, left hand and both hands for many years now. You never know when you may be forced to use your 'off hand'. Hopefully that will never happen but if it does at least I will have some practice.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    I make it, and by extension make my wife, a point to practice one handed, right and left, shooting with our various pistols, just because. We're at least as good off-handed, open sighted, than the high speed, low drag tactitards banging away with their lasers and scopes.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I make it, and by extension make my wife, a point to practice one handed, right and left, shooting with our various pistols, just because. We're at least as good off-handed, open sighted, than the high speed, low drag tactitards banging away with their lasers and scopes.

I bet those other guys post all about their tactical proficiency on the interwebs too.

Probably on message boards in at least 3 different states.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    I bet those other guys post all about their tactical proficiency on the interwebs too.

Probably on message boards in at least 3 different states.

That's the other thing. All that building clearing and tacticool wannabe SWAT stuff will get you killed as a civilian or thrown into jail if it doesn't.

A cop can call for backup and his union lawyer and he can act proactively. If I'm acting proactively, I'm the aggressor. So I'm obviously taking a different approach to training and practice.

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here

Wow! Do you and your wife compete in any competitions? If not, why not?

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    That's the other thing. All that building clearing and tacticool wannabe SWAT stuff will get you killed as a civilian or thrown into jail if it doesn't.

A cop can call for backup and his union lawyer and he can act proactively. If I'm acting proactively, I'm the aggressor. So I'm obviously taking a different approach to training and practice.

Excellent post.

Landrover

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2017
    New York
    Well you know, what if. That's what get you killed. So u r walking around your house and take a round in your good arm or hand. Maybe u r on a train and u have to pick up a kid or something and it's faster to use your primary hand. Right.....at some point in a defensive position you will need to use your off hand. Practice for it. It would really suck if you are going to die because your off hand can't shoot.... Just saying.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Thaskinny1
    Top Bottom