• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chubbyzook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    houston
    tomball pawns prices are worth the drive they beat every gun show price and every online price and thats before hagling them

chubbyzook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    houston
    ive bought my last 8 or 9 guns from them. basically ill look at closer places to see what i want and make the dirve over to tomball to pick it up
    alot of ppl would give up on texasguntrader if they made the drive because i save money on new guns that i see used on tgt

slurmdrinker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    Houston, TX
    ive bought my last 8 or 9 guns from them. basically ill look at closer places to see what i want and make the dirve over to tomball to pick it up
    alot of ppl would give up on texasguntrader if they made the drive because i save money on new guns that i see used on tgt
    I'll probably do that first.

Decide what you want & call them to see if they have it.....they keep a decent assortment on hand.
    Will do.

GTRich94

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    u
    It's not necessarily on the north side of town, but if you can make it to the Galleria area downtown, Top Gun rents the 92FS and I'm pretty sure they had SIG's. I have personally rented the 92FS, a PX-4 and a Springfield 1911. They probably have 20 other guns to rent as well, so just give them a call and ask if they have a specific make/model. Memorial Shooting center is just off I-10/610 West and IIRC also had a 92FS to rent.

For shops on the north side of town, you also have Gander Mountain at 45 and Louetta. They are a little pricey on some stuff and are close to Academy on others. You just have to go in and look. The seemed to be cheaper than Carters.
    Unless they changed it, you can shoot shotguns on the Pistol line at Carters (I had a guy next to me one time shooting one). Definitely not a pleasant experience.

chubbyzook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    houston
    that gander on 45 is way over priced. even on ammo and stuff if they lowered their prices a bit then i would actually shop there(its right outside my neighborhood)

slurmdrinker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    Houston, TX
    It's not necessarily on the north side of town, but if you can make it to the Galleria area downtown, Top Gun rents the 92FS and I'm pretty sure they had SIG's. I have personally rented the 92FS, a PX-4 and a Springfield 1911. They probably have 20 other guns to rent as well, so just give them a call and ask if they have a specific make/model. Memorial Shooting center is just off I-10/610 West and IIRC also had a 92FS to rent.

For shops on the north side of town, you also have Gander Mountain at 45 and Louetta. They are a little pricey on some stuff and are close to Academy on others. You just have to go in and look. The seemed to be cheaper than Carters.
    Unless they changed it, you can shoot shotguns on the Pistol line at Carters (I had a guy next to me one time shooting one). Definitely not a pleasant experience.
    Great answer. Thanks. I'll be going to Academy or Sportsman's on spring break, when I actually have time. (Woooooooooo!!)

that gander on 45 is way over priced. even on ammo and stuff if they lowered their prices a bit then i would actually shop there(its right outside my neighborhood)
    Yeah, I've actually stopped by there on my way home from the Woodlands Mall. They didn't even have a 92FS. :( Closest thing was a toy version painted blue.

Just to let you guys know where I am approximately, I'm like 2-3 miles from the 59 Gun Range.

GTRich94

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    u
    Yeah, I've actually stopped by there on my way home from the Woodlands Mall. They didn't even have a 92FS. :( Closest thing was a toy version painted blue.

Yeah, they tend to be really hit or miss on the Beretta/Stoegers. For the longest time, they had one of the red paneled, commemorative Marine Corps 92FS models and they would occasionally get a 90-Two. but for the most part, it was a Glock, XD, S&W showcase.

If you are looking for a new 92FS, your best bet will probably be Academy, Bass Pro-Shop or Carters. Academy would be the cheapest, Bass Pro and Carters are going to run you at least $50 more. I was looking for one about a year ago, and the things were next to impossible to find.

Not sure how important a light rail is to you, but if you can wait another 6 months or so, the next gen of the 92/96's will be out and they will have the same rail that's on the 90-Two.

Here's a pretty good thread about them on berettaforum.net
    New Products 2010: 92A1 & 96A1 - Official Discussion Thread - Beretta Forum

slurmdrinker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Yeah, they tend to be really hit or miss on the Beretta/Stoegers. For the longest time, they had one of the red paneled, commemorative Marine Corps 92FS models and they would occasionally get a 90-Two. but for the most part, it was a Glock, XD, S&W showcase.

If you are looking for a new 92FS, your best bet will probably be Academy, Bass Pro-Shop or Carters. Academy would be the cheapest, Bass Pro and Carters are going to run you at least $50 more. I was looking for one about a year ago, and the things were next to impossible to find.

Not sure how important a light rail is to you, but if you can wait another 6 months or so, the next gen of the 92/96's will be out and they will have the same rail that's on the 90-Two.

Here's a pretty good thread about them on berettaforum.net
    New Products 2010: 92A1 & 96A1 - Official Discussion Thread - Beretta Forum
    Whoa, looks nice. I might go with this since it's only 40$ more. I don't plan on having accessories right now, but I might in the future. Though, the older one's simplistic look does seem appealing to me.

CutnShootTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    Conroe, TX
    Gun Emporium is overpriced. Tomball Pawn is by far the cheapest since they diversify with other merchandise and you will always have at least three guys standing there wanting to help you. Academy gets discounted prices on firearms because they did NOT pass 100% on the manufacturers quality control. I am not lying or bashing Academy, I have spent a lot of money there and will always shop there. I will not buy a gun from there, I have talked to former employees and sales reps from gun manufacturers who have confirmed this.
    If you notice in the left hand corner of the shotguns and rifles at Tomball Pawn you will see a large assortment of ammo, it's more of a gun store inside a pawn shop.
    The last gun I bought there was a used S&W 629-4 without the lock for $550 last December, compare the prices on gunbroker (S&W 629-4 .44Mag-Like New In Box-No CC Fees! : Revolvers at GunBroker.com).

The_Hunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Now Dallas
    Academy gets discounted prices on firearms because they did NOT pass 100% on the manufacturers quality control. I am not lying or bashing Academy, I have spent a lot of money there and will always shop there. I will not buy a gun from there, I have talked to former employees and sales reps from gun manufacturers who have confirmed this.

ok 2 things here
    1) Academy would have to disclose this when you buy a firearm from this if it were true. legal issues
    2) Why would any manufacturer let something out that didnt pass QA, again huge legal issues

Buckles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Cypress, TX
    i stopped by tomball pawn today in search of a new glock. they were by far the cheapest i have found. i was looking for a 27 and they had one for $479.99. I left and went across the street to academy and they wanted $550, i then went to Gander Mountain and they wanted $565, lastly i stopped by jim pruetts on the way home and it was $599 there. I tried to go to spectre but they literally flipped the closed sign over as soon as i parked. i will gladly drive to tomball again to buy my gun.

slurmdrinker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    Houston, TX
    i stopped by tomball pawn today in search of a new glock. they were by far the cheapest i have found. i was looking for a 27 and they had one for $479.99. I left and went across the street to academy and they wanted $550, i then went to Gander Mountain and they wanted $565, lastly i stopped by jim pruetts on the way home and it was $599 there. I tried to go to spectre but they literally flipped the closed sign over as soon as i parked. i will gladly drive to tomball again to buy my gun.
    Thanks. Very helpful. Academy has lower prices than I originally thought. Sorry guys, but I'd sacrifice price for distance.

WB5MHA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Houston
    I made a deal recently at (believe it or not) Bass Pro Shop in Katy.

Before I get booed off the stage hear me out.

They offered a ten percent discount on any one item if I applied for a Bass Pro Shop Visa card. They had S&W Classic series revolvers on sale as closeouts.

Total discount amounted to north of twenty five percent. I don't care for the internal lock on new S&Ws but this particular model 22, .45 ACP was a bargain and it looks good.

Academy usually has low prices on good quality firearms and from time to time sales.

Top Bottom