• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slurmdrinker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    Houston, TX
    $100 for a few miles closer?

BTW i called Spectre today and they had the glock i was looking for $10 cheaper than Tomball.
    I don't mind not driving 25 miles more for 100$ I'm not the long distance kind of guy anyway. I just got my license and car. BTW I went to Academy today, and there was no Beretta. :( There was the Taurus clone though.

Texas_Archer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    For guns, Tomball Pawn - they will order you ANYTHING you want and their prices are close to the same as Buds Gun Shop.com

APatriot

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Houston, Tx
    In response to the "little" debate as to a shotgun being the "best" home defense weapon, IT IS. In a defense scenario, anxiety and fear will set in, particularly if you are protecting "others" and not merely yourself. Therefore, what is easier to do, point or line up your sights? Answer is obvious. My 870 with 00 buck (3 in.) will cut a person in half and it will not penetrate walls.

I wonder if anyone who commented has actually witnessed the impact of pellets on the "human flesh"?

I doubt very many.

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    In response to the "little" debate as to a shotgun being the "best" home defense weapon, IT IS. In a defense scenario, anxiety and fear will set in, particularly if you are protecting "others" and not merely yourself. Therefore, what is easier to do, point or line up your sights? Answer is obvious. My 870 with 00 buck (3 in.) will cut a person in half and it will not penetrate walls.

I wonder if anyone who commented has actually witnessed the impact of pellets on the "human flesh"?

I doubt very many.

I beg to differ, number one, your double ought buck in three inch shells WILL penetrate walls, and will not cut a man in half... and the spread of buck at HD distances is negligable, a shot gun still requires "aiming"...

jtriron

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2010
    HoustonTexas
    I beg to differ, number one, your double ought buck in three inch shells WILL penetrate walls, and will not cut a man in half... and the spread of buck at HD distances is negligable, a shot gun still requires "aiming"...

Yes your 100% correct. If APatriot would Practice some with his shotgun he would know better

WB5MHA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Houston

I doubt very many.

Have treated many hundred patients with GSW, in this case SGW in both Houston trauma centers over decades. What a story I could tell. Oh yes, eye to eye even a 410 is VERY effective. These are Zombie worthy death dealers.

TdDude

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Houston
    Check out AMSS on Jones Rd. just north of 1960. It's a great little shop with great people running it. Its in the same building as the driving range pro shop is in.

Golfing and Guns in one building. Aint Texas Great??

shellyh1971

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2010
    crosby tx
    I dont have much experience with different gun shops, .. But I was very impressed with Pig Supply in Highlands. As a girl(obviously) and a 1st time purchaser, I was made to feel very welcome. Im sure some of the questions I had were pretty stupid, and if they thought so, they never let me know. LOL But seriously, i really enjoyed my visit and learned so much. Personally, I would rather spend my money with local mom and pop shops than big chain stores. Its more personal that way. I hate that these larger chain stores are smothering the little guys. and im not necessarily talking just gun shops...

Ok, well theres my contribution..

BTW... I introduced myself on the introduction forum

slurmdrinker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Check out AMSS on Jones Rd. just north of 1960. It's a great little shop with great people running it. Its in the same building as the driving range pro shop is in.

Golfing and Guns in one building. Aint Texas Great??
    I looked it up and it came up with one of your posts on the TexasCHLforum, lol. Maybe I can get a chance to check it out since they're not far from me.

Also, is your local swim team still wearing shirts with their logo? hehe

Coz_45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Decker Prairie TX
    I have Number 4 Buck in my home defense shotgun. I like the idea of around 27 pellets downrange. 18 inch barrel and there is already one in the chamber so I don't really plan to rack a round until after the 1st shot.

As far as penetration, I feel that if I have to use deadly force in my home the last thing I'm going to be worried about is the damage to Vicky's car in the garage if a that number four buck makes it through the wall and into the garage. More worried about it making into the asshole in my house that I need to kill.

I have pistols stashed everywhere, no kids, so that worry about kid's room penetration is non-existent. I do have a 16 inch AR carbine too....

Still looking for a good clamp for the 870 for a light...any suggestions other than that overpriced Surefire?

Top Bottom