• ...and so much more!
  • TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I hve many of them but the one I like the best is the one the don't make anymore. Sears branded multtool. The one I don't have is the Leatherman MUT..It is supposed to be a great tool but many won't buy it sine the Leatherman guy is antigun. Seems very o since the MUT is built for the AR15 user.

th?id=C7TXC2bkT8KNVqg&pid=Commerce.jpg

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Damn-it even has torx-bits for the scope mounts. Sweet! The only thing I don't immediately have a use for is the c4 punch. Every thing else, I can get regular use out of.

What other toys ya got SWCC?? lol!

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I was bitten pretty badly by the multitool bug and bought lots of them. I got Leatherman's Gerbers, SOG's and a bunch of foreign copies.....some of which were pretty good. For a while, I bought every new variation that came out until that just became prohibitive.

The ones that I used MOST were the standard Leatherman (the original), the Wave and a Gerber tool that I carried every day in the factories.

My FAVORITE tools include the Leatherman MUT. It's a real handful but the critical parts are replaceable and it's a wonder of engineering! As a previous post stated, it is geared around the needs of AR-15/M16 shooters.

The original Leatherman tool is with me when I mow...always.

I also like the Leatherman OHT (one hand tool). It has fewer features but all of them are designed to be operated with ONE hand.

I was honored to tour the Leatherman factory in Portland. They don't normally give tours but I wrote to them in advance then rode my Honda Gold Wing out to Portland. It was pretty impressive! I don't care about Tim Leatherman's politics. I like his tools!

These tools last easily for the 25 year guarantee period if you adhere to MY policy. DO NOT LOAN OUT YOUR MULTITOOL! When it comes home, it will be wrecked!

Flash

Last edited:

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    I was looking at the Leatherman MUT and OHT, Flash. I like the MUT but it looks too bulky for EDC. Good for a range or bug-out bag but I don't know if I can carry it every day. The OHT looks promising but I don't know how much bigger it is than the Wingman I'm currently running. In a nutshell, I've packed a large Victorinox pocketknife on me for years but I'm now looking at multitools because they seem more rugged. However, I don't want a huge chunk of steel weighing me down every day.

It seems like it's going to be a compromise between bulk/weight vs. the features I'm looking for. I might end up just buying a bunch to see what I like the most...

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Your request for interchangeable SD heads really limits you. If not for that I'd recommend the Leatherman Supertool 300. Expensive and very worth it.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I didn't like the big tools, but I adjusted pretty quick. You get to where you don't notice it when carrying and I appreciate the extra tool to be able to get a grip on for torqing applications.

tussery

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    Corpus Christi
    The MUT was never meant as an EDC for the civilian. It is meant as an EDC for someone who is in the line of duty that has to carry an M4/M16 everyday. I have one and it makes a good range tool, but I would rather have a Multitool with more features that would work for everyday use in a civilian world. I have a SOG PowerLock 2.0, Paratool, and Gerber 400. Out of those 3 the Paratool gets the nod. It may be a little awkward to open but I like it's compactness. I have been thinking about going bulkier with a Leatherman Charge.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Like some of you I have a shoebox full of mult's, most are Leatherman as they were all presents. ButI did not like any of them. Why. ALmost all are 2 handed tools and buried in that tool somewhere is the tool that I need right now while I am holding some object with my other hand. So for some time I just kept tossing them in the shoebox as family and friends kept buying for birthday, Christmas and Fathers day.

Then one day after telling my wife to please do not buy any more I did not carry the ones I had and she said WHY? EZ, 99 times out of a hundred all I need is one of the following: knife blade, pliers/wire cutter, flat blade/philips, that is it. Why carry some tool that weighs nearly a pound and yes I have one of those, I think it has nearly a 100 features.

Less is more.

GlockOwner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Dallas (Oak Cliff)
    Like some of you I have a shoebox full of mult's, most are Leatherman as they were all presents. ButI did not like any of them. Why. ALmost all are 2 handed tools and buried in that tool somewhere is the tool that I need right now while I am holding some object with my other hand. So for some time I just kept tossing them in the shoebox as family and friends kept buying for birthday, Christmas and Fathers day.

Then one day after telling my wife to please do not buy any more I did not carry the ones I had and she said WHY? EZ, 99 times out of a hundred all I need is one of the following: knife blade, pliers/wire cutter, flat blade/philips, that is it. Why carry some tool that weighs nearly a pound and yes I have one of those, I think it has nearly a 100 features.

Less is more.

With many of the people on this thread wanting to buy one, maybe you could put some of yours up for sale in the classifieds area of the forum. You make money, other members save money

Top Bottom