• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    With many of the people on this thread wanting to buy one, maybe you could put some of yours up for sale in the classifieds area of the forum. You make money, other members save money
    LOL I would give them away in fact. Somewhere they are in a packing box from the last move and the box is either in the barn, shop or attic of the old ranch house we are remodeling from the studs out. When I get far enough into the house to start the unpacking I will offer them up...
    Gun Zone Deals

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    LOL I would give them away in fact. Somewhere they are in a packing box from the last move and the box is either in the barn, shop or attic of the old ranch house we are remodeling from the studs out. When I get far enough into the house to start the unpacking I will offer them up...

When you find them put the guys posting in this thread at the top of the list.... especially the OP :rolleyes:

jjslice

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    I like how the Skeletool is exactly what I need for EDC and had a pocket clip. I have other multitools but they're not practical cause of their weight and size or the need for a belt holster

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    The MUT is my favorite but it is BIG! Considering only normal sized tools....The Wave. Don't get me started on Swiss Army knives. It's yet another obsession!

Flash

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Great thread. I too have been looking for a new toy/tool. I have a couple issued gerbers that are sub par imo. Lot of good options out there.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    With many of the people on this thread wanting to buy one, maybe you could put some of yours up for sale in the classifieds area of the forum. You make money, other members save money

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central

Ill take one lol. Price is right for me.

Rmbreset

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Round Rock
    I too have the SOG , I've had it for many years and it has held up great , i like the fact that you can swap out / replace the tools as well. I also have the 1911 Caspian Arms Pocketsmith, a must have if you own a 1911, the pliers have a built in bushing wrench

preyn2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Burnet
    Before you go buy, at full retail price, a multi-tool, find your nearest Texas Facilities Commission office.

Pilgrim, if you're actually in Cedar Park, yours is at Smith Rd and Bolm Rd; take US183 toward ABIA and take the Bolm Rd exit. It't the place with all the retired DPS cars.

In Texas, when somebody has to surrender the whatever-it-is that can't go on the airplane at the TSA checkpoint, you toss it into a bucket or barrel, and the Feds take it to the Texas Facilities Commission, who has the contract in Texas to dispose of all that contraband.

Name-brand multi-tools for $20. Off-brand for less.

Shuutr

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 29, 2012
    austin
    I got about 4 multi tools this way. A gerber, two leathermans, and some other brand.

Don't be afraid to ask about some in the back. If you find a style you like but the ones you see are beat to crap, the have more of the same style elsewhere in the shop sometimes.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Before you go buy, at full retail price, a multi-tool, find your nearest Texas Facilities Commission office.

Pilgrim, if you're actually in Cedar Park, yours is at Smith Rd and Bolm Rd; take US183 toward ABIA and take the Bolm Rd exit. It't the place with all the retired DPS cars.

In Texas, when somebody has to surrender the whatever-it-is that can't go on the airplane at the TSA checkpoint, you toss it into a bucket or barrel, and the Feds take it to the Texas Facilities Commission, who has the contract in Texas to dispose of all that contraband.

I was at the VA while back and they had a drawer full of them and were giving them away after 60 days. I got a brand new Leatherman CX like the one I carry and keep that one in my office.

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente

Wow great post, Preyn2! I will definitely do that. Didn't even know such a place existed... always assumed the TSA staff just took the stuff home for themselves :)

preyn2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Burnet
    You're welcome. FYI, the selection is cyclical, based mostly on when the last Fed drop-off was. I've been in when there was literally a PILE of Leathermans, Gerbers, and SOGs on the table, and I've been in when there was only a handful of broken tools. So the lesson is this: If you visit and find the selection to be poor, come back next week or the week after. You'll score sooner or later.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    I have several Leatherman basic multi-tools, but my Skeletool gets the most use. Having the separate interchangeable driver bit kit comes in handy too.

Top Bottom