Venture Surplus ad

Better start getting offline contacts and friends...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    It's interesting seeing all these liberals who claim to oppose huge corporations having power...and are now cheering online censorship done by these selfsame corporations. Will they still cheer when their corporate overlords disagree with something they say?

Don’t overthink the leftist mind. We need to tend to our own future support, and, if necessary, defensive measures.
    Target Sports

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    It's interesting seeing all these liberals who claim to oppose huge corporations having power...and are now cheering online censorship done by these selfsame corporations. Will they still cheer when their corporate overlords disagree with something they say?

Nope. AOC and her ilk will sic the dogs on them when they are no longer useful to them

What a time to be alive.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Any good beginner to intermediate references? I dont know anything about it really but I learn fast
    As far as books go, the best I have found is by WB6NOA Gordon West. Straight forward talk, good books.
    For websites, hamstudy.org is a good site (at least it was years ago).
    A lot of local clubs have classes and some are one or two weekends and they will administer the exam as well.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    As far as books go, the best I have found is by WB6NOA Gordon West. Straight forward talk, good books.
    For websites, hamstudy.org is a good site (at least it was years ago).
    A lot of local clubs have classes and some are one or two weekends and they will administer the exam as well.
    Ty for the info. Would you say that most of these people in these clubs are similar to us in terms of political beliefs? Im not an open minded fellow

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    Any HF radio people here?
    So I got a pair of baofeng uv-5r radios like 3 or 4 years ago. Just tonight as all of the communist take over talk abounds, my wife says "we need some ham radios". Here we are, I have the handheld but didn't spend the time to learn how they work in detail. Time is short. Stay Frosty. My life has landed me at this point in history.

If the chair is against the wall, April 19 2021. Ill be at Texas and 6 in south college station.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

CyberWolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    US
    The only problem with encryption programs is, can you trust that their program doesn't have a backdoor decrypt to it?
    Years ago, I wrote my own encyption/decryption utility and made it a shared key so the recipient had to know the key I gave them via snail mail.
    Was thinking about this earlier...

Something along these lines which might be very useful would be for people to create their own GPG key (opengpg, etc.), and selectively share public keys. This can be done securely as long as the parties confirm signatures using some form of "out of band" comms.

Once keys are exchanged & verified, they can be used to not only encrypt messages/data for transit (only the recipient(s) will be able to open, even sender cannot decrypt), but can be used to verify identity.

Few tips:

1. file/message data is encrypted, but metadata (e.g. email subjects/headers, file names, etc.) is not.

2. use a strong passphrase to protect your keyring, keep multiple backups, but do not store your keyrings in the cloud (e.g. google drive, ect).

ProtonMail offers similar functionality, is easy to use, and supposedly was built specifically for this purpose, but can be blocked off via DNS/registrar (and who knows if they've been compromised). OpenGPG can be used to enceypt and/or 'sign' data which can be transmitted over a variety of channels.

ETA: realized I had an "acronym brain-fart" above...it's actully GnuPG I was referring to (functionally compatible with OpenPGP)...

You can get the software here:

Last edited:

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Well the 10 geeks who know how to do this will have a great time.

BigTech owns your phone.

They can watch all your traffic and remote brick it if you go somewhere they do not like. They are already doing it for China, and other countries.
    I'm fascinated by the proliferation and acceptance of communications technologies. If they start shutting off peoples phones en-mass, there will be a guy in every neighborhood that will unbrick it and set you up with an anti-surveillance software suite for like $40. The work arounds will become common place.

Eventually smartphones and current service provider models will be replaced by something we can't even imagine yet.

How does that get past dns filtering on the router side?
    By itself it wouldn't, but a VPN would.

Last edited:

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Used to be a powerful encryption program called Puffer by KB Software. Ability to use keys, etc. Not very expensive, IIRC.

Cobber

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2021
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The Democrats haven't thought this through. Unless there's more than meets the eye here, they too are at the mercy of FB, T-wit, etc., and the Big Tech oligarchs are just as capable of shutting down Dems without recourse as they have done to the President.

Lie down with dogs, get up with fleas.

They should not assume that Big Tech hasn't acquired a taste for power that will exceed their own in the near future if not now...

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    The Democrats haven't thought this through. Unless there's more than meets the eye here, they too are at the mercy of FB, T-wit, etc., and the Big Tech oligarchs are just as capable of shutting down Dems without recourse as they have done to the President.

They should not assume that Big Tech hasn't acquired a taste for power that will exceed their own in the near future if not now...

I think they are all taking orders by Marxists behind the scenes - and willingly so.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015

No threat of that. The liberals in the Dem party are the same who run FB, Twitter, etc. Why would they silence themselves?

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Ty for the info. Would you say that most of these people in these clubs are similar to us in terms of political beliefs? Im not an open minded fellow
    Most are older. I'd say the average age is about 60ish in the very few clubs I've seen, and they tend to be conservative and pro 2A.

Reactions: MTA
    Top Bottom