• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    DT does offer a road hazard warranty that pro-rates tires if they need to be replaced. I always get it and have used it on several occasions...
    The road hazard certificates are not for pro rated mileage wear.

http://m.discounttire.com/dtcs/infoCertificate.do

Conditions and Exclusions
    Non-commercial service includes use by the owner in his/her regular trade or business but excludes commercial truck, racing, off-the-highway, taxi, limousine, or similar service. Passenger, SUV or light truck tire road hazard warranty (if applicable) does not apply to tires used on commercial trucks, recreational vehicles or off-the-highway service. Mileage warranty (if applicable) applies only to tire's original purchaser on the car, SUV or light truck on which originally installed. These warranties do not cover tire damage, destruction or failure from fire, vandalism, or accident, irregular or premature tread wear caused by improper inflation, misalignment, or imbalance of wheels, worn out shock absorbers or brakes, damage or failure due to other non-tire causes such as being run flat, mechanical condition of vehicle, cut from rim or chains, or any willful abuse. A tire is not adjustable for problems of appearance after the first 10% of wear. All Certificates expire three (3) years from the date of purchase or at such time that the tire has less than the legal tread depth (3/32") across the tread, whichever first occurs. Terms of manufacturers' warranties may differ.

These limited warranties are the exclusive warranties of Discount Tire stores, are in addition to the warranties of the manufacturer, and set forth the exclusive remedies available to the tire user. Discount Tire stores shall not be liable for any consequential, special or contingent damages or expenses arising directly or indirectly and no company representative may enlarge or alter the terms of the Certificate.

They specifically state they are for road hazards. If the tire doesn't suffer a hazard they won't "pro rate" like other stores. Also, the cert is only valid for 3 years.
    Hurley's Gold

Last edited:

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I got 4 year old bfg's on the back of my truck and 3 year old Yokohamas on the front both all terrains. Both of them are getting to the point of needing to replace from dry rot and not wear. The weather in Texas is hell on tires.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I'm gonna end up buying some new tires. Wonder how those Hankooks will hold up. I see General and Michelin on their web site for my vehicle, and a couple of names I've never heard of. Or should I just go back with the BF Goodrich Long Trails and plan on re-tiring in 4 years again.

icecoldtexan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2014
    My 4 year old Bridgestone tires don't have any rot.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417294899.150397.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417294913.021278.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417294920.991614.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417294930.228010.jpg

outdare

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    Cumby
    I had some BFG's on a Monte Carlo that dry rotted. Discount tire pro related the tire under the manufacturer warranty and discounted the new set. Just my experience.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    What does the date stamp say? If you don't know what it is it is an oval with four digits in it, toward the rim usually on the inside/ back of the tire. First two digits are the week and last two are the year of manufacture.

outdare

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    Cumby
    Also they told me it is not just the sun but the tire shine products as well that will dry them out. The tires I had were about 5 years old. I think they gave me 30 or 40 dollars per tire credit and a great deal on new tires.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I've been in charge of fleet vehicles (military) for 8 years in a row. One big thing I see constantly is how much the lack of use of a vehicle Jacks up the rubber on it. Everything from seals to tires. You say these are old tires, but low mileage? Has the vehicle been kept primarily in the shade? If not, I'm gonna say that's normal. When our guys go on long deployments, some of them put thier vehicles on jack stands and pull the wheels off to prevent this exact issue.

Top Bottom