• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I'm wondering how long it'll be before there's an executive order requiring everyone to hang an approved 8x10 framed portrait of Obama in a prominent location in our homes...isn't that what all the dictators demand?
    Capitol Armory ad

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    If something crqzy does get signed and a state AG files will said items be banned while awaiting judgement from the SCOTUS or will we still be able to buy whatever is banned?

Eochief

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    Evansville, Indiana
    It wouldn't surprise me if he issues an executive order freezing all sales of semi-automatic firearms and banning all future sales. With the assault they are perpetrating on the constitution it also won't surprise me if they don't rule the 21st amendment void so he can declare himself dictator.

Sgt.Carp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    Fort Worth, TX
    @Eochief although he certainly could do such an outlandish thinng that is simply not feasible and he knows it which is why he has been pushing congress toward the AWB. lol If he could do such a thing without political backlash for a breach of power he would've done it along time ago. I understand the concern many have over the impending EO (because I doubt congress will act) but call me idealistic I believe that in terms of an EO he will stay within the confines of his power and if he doesn't it will be struct down by congress and the Supreme court... for some reason I still have faith in our system of checks and balances. Perhaps its because I'm fresh from college and still impressionable.
    - Just an average guy exercising my 2nd amendment rights

r-gray

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Plano, TX
    It wouldn't surprise me if he issues an executive order freezing all sales of semi-automatic firearms and banning all future sales. With the assault they are perpetrating on the constitution it also won't surprise me if they don't rule the 21st amendment void so he can declare himself dictator.

Could be. I think they'll start banning the sale of "assault rifles" (misnomer) and force registration of current owners (a big tax). They'll also ban the sale of magazines that hold more than ten cartridges.

They might go as far a requiring registrations of all guns. They keep harping on stopping illegal sales of guns to those who shouldn't have them. It seems to me they wouldn't be able to stop private sales...but if they had registration of everything, they could make it harder. For instance, they could make you bring in your gun every year to make sure you still had it...and tax it then also. Or they could do random inspections...they show up and you better have your registered gun. If they know who has the guns, they can make life hell for them...not all at once, but a piece at a time.

Bobk

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Seguin
    [h=1]Biden Says, "Critically Important to Act" on Guns--Opens Door to Executive Action[/h] Posted on January 11, 2013

The Obama administration is seeking to institute a far more sweeping gun-control agenda than simply reinstating the failed Clinton bans on "assault weapons" and "high-capacity" magazines.

While the administration seeks to ban whole classes of firearms, a working group led by longtime gun control supporter Vice-President Joe Biden is also seriously considering proposals for a national registration database to track the movement and sale of all firearms, and much more. (Please see related story on congressional proposals below.)

After meeting with gun ban activists on Wednesday, Biden said, “This is a problem that requires immediate attention. I want to make clear that we’re not going to get caught up in the notion that, unless we can do everything, we’re going to do nothing. It's critically important that we act."

Biden went on to open the door to the option of imposing restrictions unilaterally.
    "The president is going to act," said Biden. "There are executive orders, executive action that can be taken. We haven’t decided what that is yet. But we’re compiling it all with the help [of] the attorney general and all the rest of the Cabinet members as well as legislative action we believe is required."

When it comes to attacking our Second Amendment rights, this administration will pull out all the stops.
    These proposed actions are not simply another rehash of old, failed strategies. This is an all-out attack on the Constitution and the rule of law. This is about the wholesale destruction of gun rights in this country. This is about destroying everything the NRA has done over the last 20 years. The gloves are off and we need to face the challenge squarely—RIGHT NOW—EVERY ONE OF US! Every gun owner, every freedom-loving American--whether an NRA member or not--needs to take action. Gun sales have gone through the roof, but buying guns is not a political strategy. If you've just bought guns, magazines and ammo, now you need to invest the time in doing what it takes to keep them.
    NRA's members and the tens of millions of other law-abiding American gun owners must stand united and take action!Vice President Biden is scheduled to deliver his proposals to President Obama on Tuesday, January 15. NOW is the time for you to contact lawmakers in Washington, D.C., and in your state, and let them know that gun bans and other restrictions on our Second Amendment rights are not the solution.

To find contact information for your elected officials, use the "Write Your Reps" feature at www.NRAILA.org. You can reach your member of Congress by phone at 202-224-3121. Click here for tips on effective communication with your lawmakers, and don't forget to visit www.GunBanFacts.com for the truth about semi-auto bans.

This battle will determine the future of gun ownership and freedom in America. If our opponents succeed, our rights and our freedom won't be affected simply for a few years, but for generations to come. Act NOW, and be sure your voice is heard!

NRA-ILA | Biden Says, "Critically Important to Act" on Guns

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Remember, BO also runs the BATFE, who regulates FFL's and determines what guns are on the NFA '34 registry. I wouldn't be surprised to see BATFE rule that all semi-autos are now considered Title II guns and require tax stamps....and pull the FFL's of dealers who don't comply....

kurt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Tyler, Texas
    Heard on Fox News today on this subject.

"Imagine the outrage from the Left if Bush 43 had used executive orders to enact restrictions on abortion".

Top Bottom