• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Federal law is broken, why not enforce it. Using my example, why protect them.

They will not enforce it, they do not know how. They will tell you call ATF. 99.99% of all Straw purchase arrest are made after the fact, just like the stupid bitch in NY who bought the guns for the nut who killed the FFs.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Federal law is broken, why not enforce it. Using my example, why protect them.
    Texas Peace Officers don't enforce Federal Law.

Younggun you are drfiting into an area you obviously know little about. You may want to read up a bit on the subject matter or you are going to display your ignorance when it comes to the field of LE work.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I don't mind saying I know less in a certain area, we are all ignorant to some degree on one subject or another.

My debate is whether or not it's wrong for Texas LE agents to turn anyone over to the federal agencies.

So far both you and renegade have pointed out illegals and I have stated my opinion on it.

I said I don't know what FIPs are and haven't been told yet.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    My debate is whether or not it's wrong for Texas LE agents to turn anyone over to the federal agencies.

And my point is if they have not violated any Texas laws, No Texas LEO should be arresting them in the first place. And that is pretty much how it works in real life. You will not see any Texas LEO make an arrest for lying on a 4473.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    As far as Texas laws designed to enforce federal gun laws, so far I haven't run in to to many that just drive me up the wall and make me want to run to Austin in protest.

Then again, I am guess I am somewhat ignorant on this subject.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    And my point is if they have not violated any Texas laws, No Texas LEO should be arresting them in the first place. And that is pretty much how it works in real life. You will not see any Texas LEO make an arrest for lying on a 4473.

Then I fail to understand your problem with the AG saying he will not enforce any new laws and will fight them in court.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Then I fail to understand your problem with the AG saying he will not enforce any new laws and will fight them in court.

Cause if he wants a fight, he can start with all the existing ones,why wait for new ones?

Where is he on fighting Federal ID Laws? TSA? The list is endless.

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Cause if he wants a fight, he can start with all the existing ones,why wait for new ones?

Which ones do you disagree with?

I can see getting rid of the law making it illegal to own a suppressor considering it is legal to hunt with now and the defense to prosecution thing just makes it overly complicated but there aren't too many others I know of that bother me. Maybe handguns at 21 also but seems like the FFL dealers would still have to deal with the ATF and I'm not even sure if there is a Texas law that deals with that.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Which ones do you disagree with?

I can see getting rid of the law making it illegal to own a suppressor considering it is legal to hunt with now and the defense to prosecution thing just makes it overly complicated but there aren't too many others I know of that bother me. Maybe handguns at 21 also but seems like the FFL dealers would still have to deal with the ATF and I'm not even sure if there is a Texas law that deals with that.

All the stuff that enforces NFA is a good start.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    I don't understand how the various agencies get their money if none is allocated through a budget. Who sends it after it is collected? Do they just print checks with no funds to back them? Stop allocating money and when the parasites quit getting paid they will wander off seeking a new host. Starving the government of the only thing it seeks is the only option it seems.

They use continuing resolutions. Basically says they'll continue spending what they're spending with build in growth.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Not a big concern for me at the moment and it seems that job would be more the responsibility of the Texas legislature.

Seems as though the Texas constitution should protect that right and not allow Texas law to regulate the types of arms in the first place and states specifically what the Texas legislature can pass laws on.

So yes, I can agree with that.

However, fighting it on that premise would seem to nullify any Texas law relating to who can possess firearms and I would prefer Texas keep its laws regarding those who have been convicted of violent crimes, etc.

makeitcount

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    fort worth
    It seems that the right of states to enforce fedderal law is one that has been going on for years with Ariz taking the lead lately. As long as the president isn't trying to make a law and due to loop holes congress doesn't even have to know about such an EO and I think its doubtful that a majority will over ride any of odamas orders. The fight has only begun....and I don't think the republicans have the balls for such a long fight.

smartass phone acknowledgement

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    They will if they know we will replace them for letting is down.

And as long as nobody goes bat shit crazy in a shopping mall or something the public will move on to the next distraction from the real problems(economy, budget, etc). Soon their will be new battles over budget cuts and debt ceilings that will have congress and the house distracted.

There is a short window of time when there will be heavy focus on gun control and after that window closes it will be much harder for the Dems to gain the traction they need to push anything through.

jrjamz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    No one should get bent out of shape over an Executive Order because its all federal ( an executive order only effects federal property ). The potus has no control over states rights. If he orders tommorow that 30 or 40 round clips are banned it will only be on federal property ie: military bases post offices etc......... (disclaimer: they can still kiss my as@!!!) live free and prosper

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    No one should get bent out of shape over an Executive Order because its all federal ( an executive order only effects federal property ). The potus has no control over states rights. If he orders tommorow that 30 or 40 round clips are banned it will only be on federal property ie: military bases post offices etc......... (disclaimer: they can still kiss my as@!!!) live free and prosper
    You are incorrect.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

Dude, he can ban every shotgun over .410 tomorrow and it is 100% legal.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Yup, ATF decides what is a destructive device, SBS, SBR, and AOW. He can control the ATF via EO

At the very least they could all become regulated under the NFA.

My understanding anyways.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom