• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    BTW I don't blame lack of security for crimes. I blame shitty people.
    Not sure why I'm bothering but, obvious statement is obvious

If a petty crime happens, so what? The only time I think there would be reason for a cop to be there is if there is a possibility of felonies taking place.

Is this a walmart in the ghetto? no. Waste of taxpayer money to have a cop prevent some yuppie from stealing $10 worth of organic yogurt.
    Reread the OP. My understanding is the cop was being paid by Whole Foods during the incident.

hellishhorses

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    Eddy
    Well that ain't right. They shouldn't be allowed to do that. Hire a security guard. I don't pay taxes to keep free-range eggs safe.
    You're not paying his salary this day — Whole Foods is. He just happens to come with all the benefits of having a "real" cop on duty.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Maybe you matched a description?
    Ooooo h2 da naw you mean he got profiled ... Truly da world be commin to a end.
    When white folk get profiled in the most green hippie, yuppie environ known to starbucks
    Lovers. We are truly in da shit....

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    My, how this forum has changed while staying the same.
    Franzas, I "get" you. We've gotten to a point in the erosion of our liberties that some people, like yourself, see ANY and ALL law enforcement presences outside of nabbing an actual bank robber as a threat to what precious freedoms we have left. I totally understand where you're coming from.
    But in this particular instance, the cop on duty was (most likely) off duty from his department, and picking up some spare change working a few extra hours on Whole Foods' payroll. We taxpayers contributed nothing to his shift. The smelly hippies that actually paid for their yogurts did.
    As to him following the OP, we just don't have enough information to make an informed decision about what happened. All we have is the OP's side of the story. Maybe the OP is crappy at concealing. Maybe he matched a description of shoplifters in the area. Maybe the cop was gay and wanted to ask him out. Who knows!

Professor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Garland
    "I must've fit the guy-carrying-under-the-open-sport-short profile pretty well."

I'm not sure what sport shorts are, but I can understand his suspicion of anyone with their shorts open. :roflsmile:

Top Bottom