• ...and so much more!
  • Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    It seems someone is bootlegging in a seedy trailer park across from my property. I noticed them pouring small slabs a few weeks ago, now dilapidated old trailer houses are showing up overnight. Four so far. By dilapidated I mean all the windows broken out, siding torn and missing, and so on.

I'm seeking [legal] suggestions to prevent this moving forward.

I suspect quiet and clean is not a characteristic of folks intended to live there. The impact to my property value is hard for me to estimate considering how far out we live but I can't imagine there won't be some negative impact.

The property is not large enough for traditional septic and based on the "quality" and "approach" so far, I'd guess they can't afford a sufficiently large aerobic system. Since that's state regulated I'm checking with Environmental Services, if they ever answer the phone.

Also keeping an eye on water supply taps or wells, few state rules around infrastructure that might help.

Any other thoughts, suggestions or other ideas to investigate? We're under a burn ban and would probably be too suspicious for the "legal" criteria anyway...
    Capitol Armory ad

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    I'm working but a white truck with service lights (not on) with a green cross cross pattern across the tailgate just drove past, turned around in the driveway, stopped and took pictures of the trailers.
    My closest camera couldn't get any better detail, gone by the time I could get outside.

eta- points out I need a couple more cameras also

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Cass County TX.
    The County. Any permanent improvement, such as a concrete slab must be permitted. Water for " public" consumption must be tested and approved. As you noted septic systems are regulated, when outside incorporated cities, by the county. If they are putting in electricity, the county and the power company are involved.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    As has been said about pulling permits truck the county. Septic tanks could be a huge issue for the trailer park unless they plan on open sewers.

I heard that someone called the EPA on a local guy but he built a big pond. He also put two gates with roads & a double wide on his place. The story goes he did not pull permits on anything he has done.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    It seems someone is bootlegging in a seedy trailer park across from my property. I noticed them pouring small slabs a few weeks ago, now dilapidated old trailer houses are showing up overnight. Four so far. By dilapidated I mean all the windows broken out, siding torn and missing, and so on.

I suspect quiet and clean is not a characteristic of folks intended to live there. The impact to my property value is hard for me to estimate considering how far out we live but I can't imagine there won't be some negative impact.

The property is not large enough for traditional septic and based on the "quality" and "approach" so far, I'd guess they can't afford a sufficiently large aerobic system. Since that's state regulated I'm checking with Environmental Services, if they ever answer the phone.

Also keeping an eye on water supply taps or wells, few state rules around infrastructure that might help.

Any other thoughts, suggestions or other ideas to investigate? We're under a burn ban and would probably be too suspicious for the "legal" criteria anyway...

Sounds like we need to have a ..meet and greet shoot at your house. :50cal:

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

chevk withthe county commissioner to see what the zoning is for that area!

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Not much requires permitting out here, infrastructure is about all I'm aware of, I could be wrong. Probably wouldn't bitch much about one trailer, though I wouldn't be thrilled to have a close neighbor, a flock of them changes the situation.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Where I live there is not suppose to be any trailers. Kitty corner behind lot was recently sold. They are wanting to drop a double wide on cinder blocks. The guy who lives directly across from is is fixing to go to war. Not only does he have to look at it but it will lower everyones property values a bunch. He has talked to his attorney & will be bringing a petition around preventing a trailer where they are not allowed.

About a month ago while I was getting the lawn mower out a guy comes up and starts talking about how he is going to be putting septic in. He then ask me if I would be neighborly & run a hose over to fill the guys tank? I said that's about as stupid as it gets in my minds eye. Why would I use my water that I pay for to fill his tank? Why wouldn't you either pump water from the lake or bring water in a non potable tank truck.

Ernie the guy with the petition said he really didn't care if he drops $5K on this.

Their was a small cabin dropped their by the previous people who were planning on building. Rumor has it that the lot is to small for an Aerobic Septic System as per the Brazos River Authority who controls the lake. There is another lot near by that has changed hands 3 or 4 times since I have been here. Its another one that supposedly can not get a septic system for its size. It is somewhat on the water if the lake is at peak level.

They got water run over to the lot. And they erected a car port cover in the lowest place in their property. They had loads of fill trucked in for their pad. The idiot who leveled the pad didn't even get it leveled.

Another neighbor said the guy is trying to get everything done without a permit.

Top Bottom