• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    It seems someone is bootlegging in a seedy trailer park across from my property. I noticed them pouring small slabs a few weeks ago, now dilapidated old trailer houses are showing up overnight. Four so far. By dilapidated I mean all the windows broken out, siding torn and missing, and so on.

I'm seeking [legal] suggestions to prevent this moving forward.

I suspect quiet and clean is not a characteristic of folks intended to live there. The impact to my property value is hard for me to estimate considering how far out we live but I can't imagine there won't be some negative impact.

The property is not large enough for traditional septic and based on the "quality" and "approach" so far, I'd guess they can't afford a sufficiently large aerobic system. Since that's state regulated I'm checking with Environmental Services, if they ever answer the phone.

Also keeping an eye on water supply taps or wells, few state rules around infrastructure that might help.

Any other thoughts, suggestions or other ideas to investigate? We're under a burn ban and would probably be too suspicious for the "legal" criteria anyway...

Sounds like they're really making a meth of things.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Another development for illegals

I heard it was where next years Burning Man was going to be held.
    Maybe OP will get free tickets...:roflsmile:
    images

Last edited:

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Where I live there is not suppose to be any trailers. Kitty corner behind lot was recently sold.

Regional Differences​

As you can see from the map of responses, people in the South, as far west as Texas and as far north as Pennsylvania and Nebraska, are much more likely to say catty-corner, whereas everyone else in the US and Canada is more likely to say kitty-corner.

Where ya'll from again? ;)

OldPhart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2017
    Orangefield
    Build a fence.
    That's what I had to do. The property next to me changed hands a few years ago. What was once a nice parcel with one double on it has turned into Sanford and Son 2.0. We are in the county so basically zero zoning laws.

There are dozens of trailer parks being built in Orange & Jefferson counties due to the expansion/construction of various petroleum processing plants going on. It's going to be interesting to see what happens in 5 or so years when these workers move on to another area.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!

Regional Difference%20kitty%2Dcorner[/URL]​

Where ya'll from again? ;)
    I was born in Joliet, Illinois like from the Blues Brothers. I bailed out when I was 23 seeking a better life that agreed with my politics. So I have been in Texas 41 years. I vowed never to return back home even when my siblings die off. I really have a hard time understanding why my brother & sister stay.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GiantLoomis
    Top Bottom