• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    As someone who dealt with government agencies for decades I can echo what others have said: Check with county officials first.

In theory, the TCEQ should be all over an inadequate water treatment system. If it was a refinery or chemical plant, they'd be camped out there tomorrow morning. But I've called them before on some really bad violations, and if they think they're going to have to do a lot of work (like drive out there one day) or that there isn't a potential for giant fines, they'll somehow never get around to it.
    Hurley's Gold

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    I was born in Joliet, Illinois like from the Blues Brothers. I bailed out when I was 23 seeking a better life that agreed with my politics. So I have been in Texas 41 years. I vowed never to return back home even when my siblings die off. I really have a hard time understanding why my brother & sister stay.
    I was really just kidding you of course... I always think it's funny how different people, often from different regions, grow up speaking certain words or phrases so differently!

When I saw "kitty-corner", I had to look for origins and regional influences. For me, having been born and raised in Texas, it was always caddy-corner and caddy-wampus...

How much of that was familial influence or regional influence, I have no idea.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I was really just kidding you of course... I always think it's funny how different people, often from different regions, grow up speaking certain words or phrases so differently!

When I saw "kitty-corner", I had to look for origins and regional influences. For me, having been born and raised in Texas, it was always caddy-corner and caddy-wampus...

How much of that was familial influence or regional influence, I have no idea.
    I hadn't been in Texas very long when I made a trip back for a friends wedding. Listening to my own family & old friends just sounded so different to me that it blew my mind. It really reminded me of an SNL (from when it was still watchable) skit

Even stranger was listening to my family & telling them the sounded like a bunch of retards.

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Fire Marshal said "it's complicated" and he'd let us know when he found out more. That doesn't sound like a positive development.
    Headed to Priefert for gates Thursday.

Five trailers and two more slabs now.
    Any suggestions for a package drop considering the gates? I see Amazon carries some drop boxes, I'm looking at, anyone have something like that?

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    That gives you opportunities with foul odors to have fun with.
    One that would work well is if you can get the chemical that is added to natural gas and propane. It doesn’t take much to be noticeable which is why it is used. Since they will likely have propane for heat, it’ll possibly drive them nuts.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Fire Marshal said "it's complicated" and he'd let us know when he found out more. That doesn't sound like a positive development.
    Headed to Priefert for gates Thursday.

Five trailers and two more slabs now.
    Any suggestions for a package drop considering the gates? I see Amazon carries some drop boxes, I'm looking at, anyone have something like that?
    my father buila drop box for ups and fedex deliveries!

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    An acquaintance of mine just reached out to me needing a new place to stay. Made me think of this thread... Might need to get into the bootleg trailer park business myself.
    Let me know when you get that going. I think I could make it as a Ricky.
    130704b-trailer-park-boys.jpg

justmax

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 28, 2019
    Kingwood
    A very convoluted business to get intol. From a camper to an owner, building or adopting, I have some experience in. VERY convoluted! Even the amount of air in any tires can make a difference in what set of laws you are governed under.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Not sure where one gets trailers cheap enough to make it worthwhile. I've been looking this morning and everything available is damn expensive.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Not sure where one gets trailers cheap enough to make it worthwhile. I've been looking this morning and everything available is damn expensive.

Yep. If you're not choosy about the condition it's in, you can get it real cheap. Sometimes they're so cheap they come apart on their way to the destination - I've seen a few broken trailer houses abandoned by the side of the road. Seen others I was quick to pass because I didn't want to be behind it when it started coming apart.

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Cass County TX.
    And scrounging the rural areas, that are transitioning to barn-dominium communities, by yuppies moving to the country. We have several trailers the guys have on Deer Camp they got for next to, or better than, nothing. Watch for the derelict trailers. They found them by asking the property owner if they needed it hauled off. Best one is a 5th wheel the land owner paid our guy $500.00 to take it.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Colony Ridge coming to a neighborhood near you...
    Where I live some folks want to bring in a Modular Home, but not drop it onto a permeant foundation. The will decrease other home values by 30%. One guy is leading the fight & says I got nothing but time & a good amount of money.

It seems these folks didn't pull a septic permit with Brazos River Authority who control the lake. Word is the lot also to small. Aint shit happening literally on that place.

County permits can be a rude awakening to scumbags who think they can do what they want.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    A very convoluted business to get intol. From a camper to an owner, building or adopting, I have some experience in. VERY convoluted! Even the amount of air in any tires can make a difference in what set of laws you are governed under.
    *bootleg*
    No need to worry about that.

Top Bottom