• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • C7Z062019

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2020
    Sugar Land
    Yep, interested in your results as I have heard the Teslas were not living up to their ratings. Let us know what YOU get!

ETA - you don't need to test it at 200 MPH, maybe a nice, sedate 90 MPH.
    You know, like in Houston...
    I have not gotten any mileage results yet. In the 342 miles I have driven the car I've never let the charge get down enough to make any calculation. I can tell you even with all my WOT events and driving 75-80 mph on the highway I've used 104 kWhs in 342 miles. My electric bill is right at $.15/kWh so that's $15.60 I've spent on charging. From what I have read from others it will go 305-315 miles on a 20% to 80% charge.
    Texas SOT

C7Z062019

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2020
    Sugar Land
    I read that TX is charging EV buyers a $400 initial registration and $200 / after that to make up for loss of fuel tax revenues

Do you still get a tax credit also for buying an EV?
    Tax credit is only on $50 or $55 priced EVs. My inspection sticker was $7.00. My license plates were $79. I have heard it will be $200 sometime next year but don't know for sure.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    They were talking on the radio this morning about the speed nannies that will be mandatory on all new cars starting from 2026. That’s going to absolutely neuter the connected hot rods. It’s gonna be even worse if they are able to do this to existing cars (EV and gas) retroactively via OTA update
    <>

Gee isn’t everyone learning that our Ancestors’ innate ‘’JudeoChristian’’ ETHIC; which was severely injured by LBJ’s NOT SO -’’Great Society’’, cannot be replaced with electronic controls, laws, regulations, & spies ?

My Parents & Grandparents were ‘’A man’s word is his bond’’, ‘’help thy neighbor’’, ‘’always carry a .45’’, ‘’be polite’’, etc. and their world worked well absent the nanny state and gun-free zones !

Or, is it just me being out-of-touch ?

leVieux

<>

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    Teslas are quick, but they are a one trick pony. All they have going for them is the 0-60 time, and it’s no different than other EV’s. If you want to have something that’s fast in a straight line then you can build something faster for cheaper that will not be boring to drive. If you want something fast around the track then you can also buy something that is faster for less. They are a quick commuter car, but let’s be honest, they are a luxury golf cart with an iPad.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Teslas are quick, but they are a one trick pony. All they have going for them is the 0-60 time, and it’s no different than other EV’s. If you want to have something that’s fast in a straight line then you can build something faster for cheaper that will not be boring to drive. If you want something fast around the track then you can also buy something that is faster for less. They are a quick commuter car, but let’s be honest, they are a luxury golf cart with an iPad.

99% of people only WANT or NEED a commuter car, Cybertruck is gonna be great, damn near out tows ICE trucks.. BTW they weigh 6000 pounds so they are already pulling a lot of weight. the Tech is gonna get better.

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas

There ain’t nothing boring about a sub 2 second 0-60 and a 200mph top speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    99% of people only WANT or NEED a commuter car, Cybertruck is gonna be great, damn near out tows ICE trucks.. BTW they weigh 6000 pounds so they are already pulling a lot of weight. the Tech is gonna get better.
    “Damn near” means it doesn’t though.
    There ain’t nothing boring about a sub 2 second 0-60 and a 200mph top speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I would generally agree with this, but the car just isn’t interesting from a drivers perspective. When someone brings an electric car to any car show I’ve attended, people don’t gather around and admire the battery pack under the floor board. Nobody is interested in hearing the lack of sound from the electric motor. compared to other vehicles that have 2 second 0-60 and 200mph top speeds, I think the Tesla absolutely is boring. Im not saying its not quick, but its not special.

Last edited:

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    “Damn near” means it doesn’t though.

I would generally agree with this, but the car just isn’t interesting from a drivers perspective. When someone brings an electric car to any car show I’ve attended, people don’t gather around and admire the battery pack under the floor board. Nobody is interested in hearing the lack of sound from the electric motor. compared to other vehicles that have 2 second 0-60 and 200mph top speeds, I think the Tesla absolutely is boring. Im not saying its not quick, but its not special.
    I strongly disagree. Make an educated guess on how many people / people who drive, who have been is a <3 second 0-60 car. I'd bet it is very few. I get the beauty of the older stuff - I've had a 911 with dual triple downbarrell Webers on them, and I'm a 1911 guy. The new stuff can smoke the old stuff - other than in a museum.

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    I've had zero experience with an EV...until Wednesday. I've heard and read the stories about the torque and the instant acceleration. On Wednesday, I drove a new Ford Lightning F-150. From a rolling start (8-10 MPH) I stomped the "gas" pedal and was immediately surprised at how much it put me back in the seat.

I only got it up to about 70 MPH and it didn't take long to get there. Afterward, going down the road it was like any other F-150, only much quieter. I can't see me ever owning an EV or even a hybrid. But, I do see where an EV would be a good urban commuter vehicle.

red442joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2022
    Michigan
    No.

Joe

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

The EV owners I have spoken with in person ALL moan about range, especially if needing A/C or heat. . . . . .

And, of some absurd recharging times.

ALL of them voice those same complaints !

Does the old US Navy saw about ‘’painting turds’’ come to mind ?

leVieux

<>

Top Bottom