ARJ Defense ad

Boy Scouts - The real issue with homosexuality and leadership.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    What do you mean you don't understand me? What do you mean you have no idea what I'm talking about them trying to force people to accept it. Do you need an example? Here's one:

Asking Ms. California how she feels about gay marriage then stripping her of her crown when the answer is she believes in traditional marriage but doesn't criticize anyone for their personal life choices.

Like I said, I have no problem with gays, it is their choice. But I don't believe they should be trying to force acceptance of gay lifestyles on society.

And as for being extreme about the pedophiles comment:

Pedophiles want same rights as homosexuals :: Northern Colorado Gazette

You can't make this stuff up. I'm sorry if I've offended you though.

You haven't offended me. I don't get offended by the internet.

That pedophilia article is strange. Beats me. And as for the Ms. California being stripped of her crown, the article I've listed below says she was stripped of the crown due to not holding up her end of her contract.

Carrie Prejean stripped of Miss California title - style - TODAY.com
    Venture Surplus ad

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    You haven't offended me. I don't get offended by the internet.

I don't get offended by the internet but when talking with real people it doesn't matter if it's on the internet, on the phone, in person or whatever, it's polite not to try to offend someone and apologize if they seem offended by something you said. Although I don't think I said anything disrespectful or out of line, but hey some people get offended easily. When someone brings up something, I speak my mind. I am respectful to everyone I talk to but hey if my views are different than yours I don't hold that against you. As long as you're not talking about me directly.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    What are you talking about dude? HOw is that statement ignorant. Ok maybe they are born that way what I meant is it is their BUSINESS. As long as it doesn't affect me or endanger a child. I"ll be sure to make damn sure I say the right word next time.

So how does it endanger a child?

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    I don't get offended by the internet but when talking with real people it doesn't matter if it's on the internet, on the phone, in person or whatever, it's polite not to try to offend someone and apologize if they seem offended by something you said. Although I don't think I said anything disrespectful or out of line, but hey some people get offended easily. When someone brings up something, I speak my mind. I am respectful to everyone I talk to but hey if my views are different than yours I don't hold that against you. As long as you're not talking about me directly.

My point about the internet is that not everyone acts the same in person, so I don't hold anything against them when things like tone can change a conversation. Hell, I didn't like scap99 till I met him in person. LOL.

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    So how does it endanger a child?

It doesn't. I said AS LONG AS someone's personal life choices (including engaging in sexual acts with other people whom have the same the sexual orientation they were born with) do not affect me or endanger a child, it is their business. You guys should really read my actual words before twisting them around like this. I mean hey if I mis spoke I'll own up to it but you're implying I said homosexuality endangers children.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    My point about the internet is that not everyone acts the same in person, so I don't hold anything against them when things like tone can change a conversation. Hell, I didn't like scap99 till I met him in person. LOL.

I still don't like you. You're too tall. Lol.

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston

Well it's all good I mean I like to think that I'm on friendly terms with everyone in this forum. Some may like me, some may not. I may like them, but I may not. I've only met a few in person and I can honestly say there's nobody in here I dislike. But we talk about pretty sensitive stuff in here and for the most part, everyone is pretty strong minded and speaks their minds. As long as we respect each other and don't criticize each other's views, it's fine. But if I feel like someone is offended by something I said, I'll politely try to make amends for that. Like I'd do in person too.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    OK, not really but I am friends with more than a few homosexuals and I believe them when they tell me they were born that way.

The same way I believe a sociopath is born that way. Science would agree with me, as well. If sociopathy, why not homosexuality?

/out

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    I am gay and it is not my choice.

Ok Alex, I did not know that about you. Thanks for sharing. Like I said, I have nothing against gays. I have quite a few gay friends.

If you're upset because of my comments about the Boy Scouts, that's another long discussion for another day. I don't believe a boy should be kicked out of the boy scouts if it is determined he is gay, for the record.

I apologize if I've offended you. I met you in person a few times and you're a good guy from what I can tell. And I like your Colt 1911 too.
    Being gay does not make me feel differently about a person's integrity as a human being. But if my remarks about transgenders offended you, I apologize but I'm sorry that's just how I see it.

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    Well, specifically towards homosexuality.

I don't have anything in mind where society has become less tolerant towards. Examples?
    Well, how about the zero-tolerance nonsense in the schools? Think of all the silly things kids get in trouble for doing in school. Point your finger and say "bang" and you're suspended. Act up in class and a school counselor will be calling to recommend a trip to the doctor for an Adderal or Ritalin prescription. If you say a prayer out loud in a public school then it becomes an act of civil disobedience - examples of theophobia are everywhere, in and out of schools.

• Speak with a thick Southern accent and some people will regard you as an uneducated simpleton.
    • A pro-Republican or otherwise conservative bumper sticker gets your car keyed in the parking lot.
    • Intolerance toward the unborn.
    • Outright hatred of anyone identified as 'rich', or who works in a profession or position associated with wealth - the Occupy [something] crowd will be at your doorstep.

But aside from those examples, just go read a few of the liberal blogs and get it from the source. The venom you'll find in some "'progressive" circles is rivaled only by the likes of Fred Phelps and his Westboro clan.

As for things like gay marriage, I don't really have a problem with it as long as all divorce and property laws apply to them exactly the same as for traditional marriages.

Getting back to the gay Scouts thing, as others have already said, I believe that the BSA should be free to make that decision for themselves.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    Lol, I'm not gay. But I will remove myself from this thread before it inevitably makes a turn for the worse.

Top Bottom