Not open for further replies.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Was a good day at Bracken yesterday.

Shoulder is a little sore from the 8x57.

Range staff could not have been friendlier, and cash is king.
    Capitol Armory ad

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Eh, I was busy shooting over at Bexar. Finally bought a membership.

ETA: I got to work on my sitting position, which is definitely my weakest. ... still needs work.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Looks like this thread has had a butt load more views than any other lately.

No, I am not a range employee, but I did stay at Motel Six, where they kept the lights on.

Or, did I stay at Holiday Inn Express?

Be well, my friends.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    So, why don't we set up a "theme" shoot at Dietz, Bracken, or Bexar?

Say, something like this:

WWI: M1903, M1911, Mauser 98, Lee Enfield, etc.

WWII: M1903-A3, M-1 Garand, M-1 Carbine, Mauser 98k, M1911A1, etc.

Korea: SKS, all M-1 variants, + all WWII left-overs.

Viet Nam: AR-15, M-14, AK-47, plus all other previous war left-overs.

Current era: AR-15/M-4, M-9, M-1A, + any not yet adopted.

No plastic pistols or rifles invited. (other than AR's).

Thoughts?

Maybe MajorMadmax has some ideas.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Sorry....but with all due respect, I dislike "themed" shoots where some guns would be excluded. That's kinda like sayin' "White Guys Only". I mean, it'd be okay ta ban any Air Force pukes, but.......<SEG>

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    With even greater respect, Sir, no firearms within the prescribed period would be excluded.

Heck, we could even have an "open" event to include contemporary firearms preferred by Mil, LEO, CHLs, Gangsta's, and Ninjas.

I'm not really a "white" guy, since my DNA can be traced way back to several continents, ports of call, and perhaps...a few houses of pleasure.

Be well.

E Pluribus Unum

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    With even greater respect, Sir, no firearms within the prescribed period would be excluded.

Heck, we could even have an "open" event to include contemporary firearms preferred by Mil, LEO, CHLs, Gangsta's, and Ninjas.

I'm not really a "white" guy, since my DNA can be traced way back to several continents, ports of call, and perhaps...a few houses of pleasure.

Be well.

E Pluribus Unum

Ninja's!? Oh boy!
    Make sure any you invite look like this:
    ninja.jpg

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Anyone can have a bad day and become a butt hole. It sounds like these guys enjoyed being that way. To do that in front of kids is pretty sorry. I'll stay in east Houston, thanks

Ninja lady......May I check your oil?

Flash

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Anyone can have a bad day and become a butt hole. It sounds like these guys enjoyed being that way. To do that in front of kids is pretty sorry. I'll stay in east Houston, thanks

Kindly review this entire thread, Sir. Most of the negative comments are based on unfounded hearsay.

As reported, The Range People did not subject the children to any form of humiliation.

Any embarrassment which might have ensued, resulted from a false assumption by a Parent that the Range would accept a $100 Bill or Debit/Credit cards, despite a clear sign on the window to the contrary.

It is sad children have to suffer (if there ever was any suffering in this case), from the errors of their parents.

It is most likely a simple case of unmet expectations, and an attendant slew of invective aimed to denigrate a very well run private shooting range.

Be well, Sir.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Kindly review this entire thread, Sir. Most of the negative comments are based on unfounded hearsay.

I've found Sage to be a straight shooter (pun intended) and if he said it happened like it did, that's good enough for me!

You seem to be knowledgeable about what happened.....were you there? How can you speak with authority about about that happened if you weren't there? Sage was there and if he says it, I believe it. Sorry if that gets your shorts in a wad but that's how it is, sir.

Flash

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Sir,

Your friend posted a very critical and emotional comment about his one-time range experience at Bracken with a friend and his family, and it got my attention.

You comment is from far away in East Houston, and you probably have no first-hand knowledge of the range of which we speak.

Sometimes, we meet & greet people on the Web and take their word for absolute truth.

Most of the other negative comments on this thread have all been hearsay.

I am quite knowledgeable about the described range, Sir, and have never found its management to be disagreeable in any manner.

No, I was not there when the alleged incident happened, but the account that made the "Children" victims of an embarrassing event caused by their Elders, bespeaks volumes about our society's abdication of personal responsibility.

Furthermore, Eyewitness accounts seldom account for the actor's intentions, behavior, or even physical appearance.

I would never have brought children into the picture, had I posted that event, when it was a clear case of "We don't take bills larger than $20.00, or credit/debit cards.

Your trusted friend simply over-reacted, and posted a note that got my attention.

Hence, the continuation of this eloquent thread.

May you be well, Sir.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom