• navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    for me - i dont quite get the "i wish Walt would have lived"

it wouldnt make sense at all - i thought the way they wrapped up the STORY - was masterful

i dunno - letting him live would result in no finality whatsoever.....stories have endings - i rather liked how this one ended

There was probably a way they could have let Walt live and still made a good ending. However, I agree that was as near perfect ending as they could have conjured. Kudos to Vince Gilligan and his directing crew as well as the very well selected actors. They let the series evolve and had me on the edge of my lazy-boy (well okay, I was laying back with my feet up) for 5 seasons.
    Target Sports

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    i think creating a story line where Walt lives - almost lets him off the hook for all the devastation and destruction he was responsible for

after Hank's execution - i think most fans would have been upset to see Walt driving out of the compound instead of Jesse

but i'm with you - helluva show

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    after Hank's execution - i think most fans would have been upset to see Walt driving out of the compound instead of Jesse

Walt tried to prevent Hanks death, he tried to negotiate hanks life, Jesse did nothing but hide like a coward.

Walt avenged Hanks death, Jesse fled like a coward.

they could easily have spun an ending where Walt lived.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    for me - i dont quite get the "i wish Walt would have lived"

it wouldnt make sense at all - i thought the way they wrapped up the STORY - was masterful

i dunno - letting him live would result in no finality whatsoever.....stories have endings - i rather liked how this one ended

I think a lot of people felt for Walt's situation and hoped he would somehow survive it. He basically "took care of business" but at the cost of his own life. It would have been easy to spin things to where he survived and ended up in jail, but I think the "natural" conclusion was with his death.

I did like how they finally got him to admit his real motivations in the end. It wasn't about making money for his family after he died (he basically left them in dire financial straits) and that producing his magical blue meth and the fame and notoriety that went along with it all was vindication for everything he lost out on in life (e.g. the success of Gray Matter).

It will go down in the annals of TV history as one of the best shows ever produced. I remember catching the beginning of the episode in Season 3 where the Mexican cousins (Leonel & Marco Salamanca) who were hitmen for the Juárez Cartel get out of their Mercedes and start crawling towards the shrine of the Mexican deity of death Santa Muerte. While I remember thinking "WTF?" I also was extremely intrigued and hooked on the show.

It certainly didn't disappoint!

Cheers! M2

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I think a lot of people felt for Walt's situation and hoped he would somehow survive it. He basically "took care of business" but at the cost of his own life. It would have been easy to spin things to where he survived and ended up in jail, but I think the "natural" conclusion was with his death.

I did like how they finally got him to admit his real motivations in the end. It wasn't about making money for his family after he died (he basically left them in dire financial straits) and that producing his magical blue meth and the fame and notoriety that went along with it all was vindication for everything he lost out on in life (e.g. the success of Gray Matter).

It will go down in the annals of TV history as one of the best shows ever produced. I remember catching the beginning of the episode in Season 3 where the Mexican cousins (Leonel & Marco Salamanca) who were hitmen for the Juárez Cartel get out of their Mercedes and start crawling towards the shrine of the Mexican deity of death Santa Muerte. While I remember thinking "WTF?" I also was extremely intrigued and hooked on the show.

It certainly didn't disappoint!

Cheers! M2
    +1 That was a great episode.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Gilligan left easter eggs in many of the Breaking Bad episodes.

Yep.

18 Fun Easter Eggs, Callbacks, And Moments Of Really Cool Symmetry From The "Breaking Bad" Finale

My favorite...

BVagNaKCEAABnYE.jpg

Last edited:

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    9. Here’s an excellent visual cue: Walt leaving behind his watch when he’s decided he’s finally out of time.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-1625-1380554439-26.gif

The real reason ...

Talking Bad - Vince Gilligan on Walt?s Watch: Talking Bad ? AMC

The coolest one I saw was Walt's pants in the desert as he was rolling his barrel of money. He lost them off the hanger while hanging from the mirror of the RV in episode 1, I think.

breaking-bad-season-5-episode-14-walts-pants-cameo-547x350.jpg

Last edited:

ArmyZach

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Joshua
    The coolest one I saw was Walt's pants in the desert as he was rolling his barrel of money. He lost them off the hanger while hanging from the mirror of the RV in episode 1, I think.
    I missed the pants while watching the last episode.
    I really want to go back and watch the series again and see what else I missed.

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    start from season 1 - you get a whole different perspective watching things develop when you already know the characters as well as we got to know them

really the very best show i've ever watched

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    start from season 1 - you get a whole different perspective watching things develop when you already know the characters as well as we got to know them

really the very best show i've ever watched

That's what I did, via NetFlix. Fun to see them all back to back. Makes much more sense.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    My wife and I did it that way back in the summer, in preparation for the final season. Its amazing how much more sense some of the stuff makes when you watch them back to back.

Have fun!

Top Bottom