• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    You should sell all of your guns to fellow Californians. Especially "off roster" and then buy replacements here in Texas. It's the right thing to do.
    i did! P938 Nightmare, P227 Equinox, P226 MK25, Pap M92 and a XD40sc I never really wanted lol.

Replacements will be P227 Tacops, mK25TB, Pap M92 underfolder (yay for NFA!)

The P227 Tacops will get a threaded bbl and supressor, will be an awesome house gun
    no littering please! lol
    I'll likely be donating all my BBs, grip wraps, and mag blocks. Already gave my buddy my pinned rommy AK mags.

Sent from my Nokia 5160 using Snake

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    Are 80% lowers even a thing in TX?

And what are the laws regarding building an AR pistol? I'll have a spare mega lower that was DROS'd as a long gun in CA.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth

And what are the laws regarding building an AR pistol? I'll have a spare mega lower that was DROS'd as a long gun in CA.

nevermind, just read. 4473'd as a long gun, can never be a pistol.

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd

I don't know of anyone that built an 80% lower. You can buy a stripped lower ready to go for $40 at a garage sale lol

For AR pistols, you just need to start off with a lower that was never officially "registered" (on the ATF Form 4473) as a rifle. if you start with a stripped lower you're good to go. you just can't convert a rifle to a pistol per ATF, and that technically includes any lower that ever had a stock on it.

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    I'll likely be donating all my BBs, grip wraps, and mag blocks. Already gave my buddy my pinned rommy AK mags.

when i firstsaw the "grip wrap" on calguns, i was like "WTF is that and why would anyone do that to their gun?" i did a little research and realized it was one of the criteria for making an AR featureless to avoid the bullet button mag release. i love cali gun laws.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    yeah, 80% lowers are where it's at for us

308 set

my polished pistol. having some gas issues, haven't had a chance to troubleshoot. shortstroking ever since i stripped the upper to polish and reassembled

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    i would check gas block alignment.
    its either that or possibly some gooped up anodizing thay I didnt clean out. its an adjustable block but since it worked before, I would rather fix it without turning it up

and yeah, my featureless rifles are sad.

Rebel

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    I moved to Texas a bit over a year ago from California. I had nothing in my car but guns, blankets, and clothing.

If you search hard enough, you'll see a few discarded bullet buttons on just the other side of the AZ border :D

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    I moved to Texas a bit over a year ago from California. I had nothing in my car but guns, blankets, and clothing.

If you search hard enough, you'll see a few discarded bullet buttons on just the other side of the AZ border :D
    where in Tx did you end up?

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    I just picked up a half dozen stripped lowers for $35 each. 80% lowers can be expensive.

What kind? I am not overly particular, but the next time I get a stripped lower I am going to get some fancy-shmancy ones, with integrated trigger guards, etc.

I paid about $150 for my 80s. Integrated trigger guard, upper slop adjustment, trigger overtravel adjustment, threaded bolt catch pin, flared magwell, etc.

The Mega Gators I got for about $100 each, those are pretty nice too. At the end of the day all those features don't really do much except give bragging rights lol.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Just some Anderson manufacturing. GZP has some lower build kit deals w the black triggers for <$130 if I remember right.

Could have a decent lower for about $175 total.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Mexican_Hippie,

I don't get paying these HIGH prices for 80% lowers, given the 40.oo or less that 100% lowers are currently selling for.
    (In fact, I saw a guy at the last San Antonio "Big show" who had some perfectly functional "seconds" for 33.oo each plus tax. - I could have fixed the "blemished lowers" for less than 5.oo.)

just my OPINION, satx

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Mexican_Hippie,

I don't get paying these HIGH prices for 80% lowers, given the 40.oo or less that 100% lowers are currently selling for.
    (In fact, I saw a guy at the last San Antonio "Big show" who had some perfectly functional "seconds" for 33.oo each plus tax. - I could have fixed the "blemished lowers" for less than 5.oo.)

just my OPINION, satx
    They pay more to avoid a 4473
    That's all

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    AmyG
    Top Bottom