• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Started tearing down the CZ 75 Phantom SP-01 to install the Cajun Gun Works ProTrigger kit. Their tutorial on their web site document the process pretty well. The problem is they only do a SP-01 Tactical and the sear cage assembly and decocker are pinned a bit different. I think the other punches/drift pins showed up today so I'll have all I need just need to make some follower pins to hold some of the assemblies together as I remove them. That's the stuff that's not covered in the videos... YeeeHawww.... Wonder how much shipping cost for a tore up/down CZ 75 to Cajun Gun Works In La. is?????

20200903_171833.jpg 20200903_172010.jpg
    Lynx Defense

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Yeah... I ain't missing nothing yet. My high dollar punches aren't here yet so I'm having to wait another day.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    And what was wrong with the gun as it came from the factory?.....

Some folks don't know to leave well enough alone....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    The double action trigger was a shade of 10# pull, couple that with an excessively curved trigger that was thin and narrow. Couple all of that with the fact the DA pull was in excess of .750" and it was very uncomfortable to shoot 50+ rounds through. I've shot a P226 with similar pull weight but the trigger was better designed plus the pull length was shorter and it didn't feel uncomfortable after 50+rounds.

The Cajun Gun Works ProTrigger kit includes a new, better designed trigger, sort reset kit, lighter trigger springs, lighter firing pin springs and a reworked sear plus other items. Rest assured I wasn't wanting to tear down/up my brand new gun. But also understand I'll do what I need to make the gun work for me.....

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Just got off the phone with CZ USA and all I have to say is UNFUCKIN' BELIEVEABLE! There are no schematic's available - ANYWHERE for the CZ 75 SP-01 Phantom - NOT AVAILABLE. The guy I talked to in customer support could not answer my question. He put me on hold while the checked with others - what their capacity at CZ I don't know. He came back - no answer. The question I was asking is: Is the sear cage/decocker assembly installed as an assembly? I can see all the parts/pieces, including springs that make up the sear cage/decocker assembly. I can see the pin that all those parts/pieces rotates on. That pin does not extend outside the frame. So... there's a 3/32" pin that looks like it will release the sear cage/decocker as an assembly at which time, if I was so inclined, I could disassemble the sear cage/decocker. There is one roll pin located in the hammer pivot area that I'm pretty sure will remove the hammer and main spring strut.

The the CZ customer support rep. said "I recommend you take it to a professional gunsmith to have you're parts installed. I operate on the concept of "if you can do it" "I can do it - just might cost me a little more and take a little longer - But I will get it done." and so it is with this project.

cz75 teardown 1.jpg

ck75 teardown 2.jpg

cz75 teardown 3.jpg

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Thanks but - nope. I've downloaded 3-4 schematics and they're all like the one you provided the link for. That schematic is for the CZ 75 SP-01: Shadow, Tactical, BD, P01, SA but not the Phantom. The Phantom is the only only one, that I'm aware of, in the CZ 75 line-up that has a polymer frame. The grip(s) are not removable. All the other models I listed are either aluminum frame or steel framed. And thus the problem I have. To be honest I don't think I have a problem what I see as the pin that releases the entire assembly is the on scenario that makes any sense at all. I think I'll be fine now that the shock and awe has subsided... :laughing:

I "think" all the parts/pieces located in the trigger area are the same as all the others. I think.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Yes... If interested they're available @ Harbor Freight for little of nothing. I think I recall they have a larger(retangular) one as well.
    I wouldnt magnatize and firing mechanism parts.

Not wanting to start a shit storm of will it or wont it effect reliability but if you're changing springs and such you dont want unintended magnetic interactions that could cause issues.

Full disclosure I know next to nothing about the CZ firing system, what metals involved or if they can be magnatized or how drop safety is maintained.

Just saying.

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    There’s not a YouTube video on this?
    I would be surprised if you can’t find a “how to” video or web article?

Come on man! You’ve gone from getting your first firearm to destroying a pistol on the work bench so fast. This might be a record? Lmao

I’m now taking notes just in case

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    I have not passed the point of no return - yet. But I reckon I'm fixing to. There is precious little that's similarities between the Polymer frame and the metal framed CZ 75's. It "looks" like the entire firing mechanism is pre-assembled then inserted into the frame - sorta.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Fixin' to make the leap... Got one pin I'm going to knock out then I'll figure out if I guessed right or wrong.

As noted in the picture I'm believe I dealing with a couple of sub-assemblies that are built on the bench then installed as a unit. Fer sure gonna find out.

cz75 trigger assy1.jpg

The pin I think is holding the trigger sub-assembly exist only on the Phantom.

cz75 trigger assy2.jpg

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    Well you learned an important lesson. I put a towel down so nothing can roll off the bench. Any springs that could be launched are aimed into a containment. High power flash lights help in finding parts on the floor.
    I can send my wife. She finds all the little parts that I drop. CGW makes some good stuff. My life lesson was if you dry fire a CZ long enough the solid firing pin retainer will get a big enough burr on it the gun won't shoot. CGW's rolled pin solved that problem. Good luck with the install.

Top Bottom