• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    gotta order that lifter spring Tuesday. found it on cajun gunworks. i would like to order a spare decocker spring because you really have to abuse that spring to get installed but i didn't see one. maybe cz usa has some.
    Texas SOT

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Don't know if this helps but might

Mills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2020
    Texas
    h0f6pas019sz.png

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Don't know if this helps but might
    Thanks... But... In the spring kit you provided doesn't have either of the two springs I need. In the sear cage decocker there are three springs: Firing pin lift block spring(the one I destroyed), decocker spring(the one I want a spare of) and a sear spring(is in the spring kit listed). Earlier I stated there were 5 springs in this gun. That is incorrect. There are 5 springs in the frame plus one, DA spring in the grip/handle. THEN there are three more in the slide. So... Total of nine springs is correct - I think.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    In the words of Albert Einstein when ask how it felt to have failed thousands of times while trying to invent the light bulb: "Sir, I did not fail thousands of times! I successfully discovered over one thousand ways which would not work!"

IF you attempt what I am, having never done it before, and do not anticipate setbacks I suggest you never start. When I'm finished, and I will get finished, I will have gained 1.) A softer, smoother, shorter trigger action. 2.) Knowledge. There is a price to pay for going where you've never been before. Don't go if you're not willing to pay that price - I'm willing!

Mills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2020
    Texas
    In the words of Albert Einstein when ask how it felt to have failed thousands of times while trying to invent the light bulb: "Sir, I did not fail thousands of times! I successfully discovered over one thousand ways which would not work!"

IF you attempt what I am, having never done it before, and do not anticipate setbacks I suggest you never start. When I'm finished, and I will get finished, I will have gained 1.) A softer, smoother, shorter trigger action. 2.) Knowledge. There is a price to pay for going where you've never been before. Don't go if you're not willing to pay that price - I'm willing!
    Friend of mine installed that kit on a new 75, it was amazing.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Friend of mine installed that kit on a new 75, it was amazing.
    That's what I'm hoping for. In the process of chasing info down I've run across 2 recurring points. One, I probably could not have picked a more difficult decocker equipped pistol than this one. Two - There is a lot of folks that are not fond of the DA trigger on the Phantom.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    When I was a teenager I disassembled an off-shore fishing reel. Couldn't figure out how to put it back together. Put the pieces in a plastic bag and the bag in a cardboard box - where it sat for 20 years. One day ran across said bag. Reassembled it, still have it, it still works.

Mills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2020
    Texas
    My first gun was a JC Higgons single shot 22 my Grandfather gave me, I must have been 9 or 10.

I decide it needed to be disassembled, I was doing pretty good until I got to the bolt.

I launched the firing pin spring across the screened in back porch at high velocity .

I did manage to find it, must not have learned very well because it still happens .

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    The first time I took my M-1 bolt apart, I think I launched the extractor plunger and spring into the next county. I did not expect that the M-1 tool would actually remove the extractor, I just figured "Hey this seems to fit, what happens when I do this?"

I have heeded the warnings about not taking apart the trigger assembly without the right tools.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Thus far I've manage to hang on to everything except it seems I've misplaced a DA travel reduction set screw for the new trigger and a small roll pin for the trigger as well. I'm pretty sure they were in the plastic bag when I opened it the first time but where they are now - ????????. Then of course I killed a spring but I now know how to not do that in the future. CGW is closed today but first thing tomorrow I'll get those parts/pieces ordered. Ordered a 7,000 piece dremel wool polishing kit and it's supposed to be here today. OK... so it wasn't 7,000 pieces. It was a lot ov'em.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin

Did he ever figure it out? Or did that asshole Thomas Edison steal his invention? I knew that SOB was up to no good.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Errrr..... ahhhh..... thievin' Edison. But you get the idea. Failing is succeeding at a slower rate! :green: :green: :green:

Did some checking..... Apparently Einstein was a Democrat and Edison was a Republican so the lyin' media of those times stripped Edison of the credit and gave it to Einstein. You know.... kinna like how Obammer got a Noble Peace Prize!

Last edited:

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Practice makes perfect or perfect practice makes perfect or.... what'eva'..... I'm practicing reassembly. I don't have the springs in the sear cage and some of the full roll pins aren't installed(but could be) so other'n that the frame is fare the well put together. I'm getting a feel for the difficult parts and a way to make it easier. One piece of the six piece tweezer set I got at Harbor Freight actually turned out to be helpful...

20200907_134511.jpg

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Love to shoot
    Top Bottom