• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Whoooosssshhhh..... Went smokin' by the point of no return!

Onliest pin left on the frame was the trigger pin. Then I broke down and sorta read the instructions that came with the parts. After making a slave pin out of a drill bit I discover CGW had included one in the kit - that worked. The one I made was still too long.

But ya' know you can't be too careful when dealing with springs!!!

20200904_153620.jpg

Then a li'l tuggin' n' a li'l twistin' and maybe a li'l cussin'.....

20200904_160326.jpg

It is pretty much as it seemed. An assembly put together on the bench then inserted/pinned into the frame. But all I got now is a tore up gun.... We'll see if I can figure out how to put the new pieces in. The new trigger has two set screws, one for limiting trigger travel after reset. The other has to do with the hammer hook(s) clearing the sear.

But... it appears my party has drawn to a close until Tuesday. In the package with the trigger there's suppose to be two set screws - there's only one. I might can locate one at Lowes or Home Depot. This they're mighty small though.
    Gun Zone Deals

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Are those magnetic parts holders/tray?
    FYI... I put the parts in a plastic container. I have no clue if magnetic gun parts are good/bad/indifferent. I do know putting them in a plastic container will have exactly ZERO effect on them.:green:

Also... I've managed to assemble and disassemble the sear cage decocker several times now so I think I've got that figured out. Tomorrow I'll disassemble it yet again and start polishing those parts and pieces that are in need of that activity.

I though reassembling the sear cage decocker if I had some tweezers would be easier. So I went to Harbor Freight and got a six piece tweezer set for seven bucks! I have a word for anyone thinking of doing the same - DON'T!

Last edited:

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    There are a total of five springs in this gun. None of them, with perhaps the exception of the TRS, really have any chance of playing ricochet rabbit. But that is a good idea!

popo22

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    If by chance you get beyond your emotional breaking point, you can find some decent tutorials on the "original CZ forum" web site. They also have some helpful souls there.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    If by chance you get beyond your emotional breaking point, you can find some decent tutorials on the "original CZ forum" web site. They also have some helpful souls there.
    Damn! That's some good stuff!!! Actually located a SP-01 Phantom schematic!!! and that was with less than 30 seconds on the site!

THANKS!!!!

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    i like a good old fashioned DIY glovebox, but that cardboard box deal sounds like less trouble.
    I have a cardboard box with a light installed within which I tear down things that have springs, wires and tiny parts......

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    The dangers of "DIY" gunsmithing... Sometimes ya' break more than ya' fix!

In the process of going from slave pin to actual pin in the sear cage decocker I managed to mangle the firing pin block lever spring. The spring is the diameter of a human hair and the last in the progression when making the pin transfer. Or at least it was last this time. Next time I'll make it first and the should resolve the issue. Hopefully either Cajun Gunsmiths or CZ will have that spring. I think maybe... perhaps... I'll get more than one of'em!

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Couldn't put nuttin' back together so started polishing parts that rub....

Trigger bar was first order of the day.... Was really hard to get a picture of the "shiny"....

but the areas polished include: area on bottom where it contacts sub-frame, the top part where it contacts the FP lifter and the sear, trigger pin side surfaces and inside the trigger pin hole.

trigger bar polish.jpg

Trigger bar polish2.jpg

It can get messy doin' this stuff...

20200906_093420.jpg

Below I've removed the spring strut from the hammer disconnector assy. The strut is all I will re-use. Got a new hammer and disconnector in the Cajun Gunworks ProTrigger kit

20200906_092237.jpg

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    When I take things apart, or assemble lowers, I do it in a giant sized ziploc bag. It's saved my ass a few times.

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    back in the late 90s early 2000s dumpster diving was a hobby. i would hit PC repair shops for parts, book stores for gun rags and books (they would read just as well with the cover cut off).

Built 2 or three PCs out of 100% dumpster parts.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    back in the late 90s early 2000s dumpster diving was a hobby. i would hit PC repair shops for parts, book stores for gun rags and books (they would read just as well with the cover cut off).

Built 2 or three PCs out of 100% dumpster parts.
    Well...could be you did but I ga'ron'tee you ain't building no guns outta my dumpsters!!!!:banana:

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Lmao yeah figured that! Good luck man I want to see how this turns out

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members