• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sushi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2014
    Dripping Springs, TX
    Where is "here"? I sure ain't got no maples, lol.

And I ain't sayin where my water will come from neither.

They're around.....somewhere. lol My family has a lot of arborists, so I grew up around trees and learning about them. Trick is, you just have to find species of trees that won't produce too high of a sugar content. Otherwise within a day or so, it'll be undrinkable and then you're SOL.
    Texas SOT

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    OpSec.

I don't want Sapper coming around trying to snipe me at the watering hole.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Yuk!
    That stuff gets rank pretty quick, lol.

I'd have to travel a ways to find them also.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I'd like to have a manual pump well put in, but with the long term drought I'm not sure if it's really feasible.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Yeah, but I'm not sure how far those manual pumps can pull. Also, drilling a deep well is pretty expensive.

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    There is no "one solution" for all. It all depends on where you're at, where you're going, and what shape you're in. This idea that anyone has the perfect solution is a fallacy.

Any retreat can get over run, and unless you have multiple alternate BOL, then you're SOL. Every plan has holes and it's up to YOU to figure what is the best options for you and you're family to survive/thrive.

I will bug in, but I'm not naive enough to think that I have some paramount defense that can ward off any attack. Grant it, my neighbors and I are set up really well. I also realize that having alternate plans can keep my family alive. Getting cornered with only one plan is a way to die in that corner.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    There is no "one solution" for all. It all depends on where you're at, where you're going, and what shape you're in. This idea that anyone has the perfect solution is a fallacy.

Any retreat can get over run, and unless you have multiple alternate BOL, then you're SOL. Every plan has holes and it's up to YOU to figure what is the best options for you and you're family to survive/thrive.

I will bug in, but I'm not naive enough to think that I have some paramount defense that can ward off any attack. Grant it, my neighbors and I are set up really well. I also realize that having alternate plans can keep my family alive. Getting cornered with only one plan is a way to die in that corner.
    I dont think anyone has offered up a one size fits all solution.

Alternate plans are a must because plan as you might, you never know just how it will all go down.

The most important part is we have folks here that are thinking and planning. That is huge.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Meays, fruits and veggies dried rock hard. Beans ground in a coffee grinder. A little salt and pepper=soup. Dried banana chips and nuts for desert. Personal purifier. Into the woods, along the river. Very few people, travel during twilight and dawn. Know a few places nobody goes at all. Disappear from sight. Plenty of wild game for a small party. Plenty of wold places to hide. All I need is 10 minutes. Poof.

from an idgit coffeeholic

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Won't that be a gigantic attention getter? I see the benefit but at the same time I wouldn't want to call attention to my position

That's a legitimate question and one I've pondered for quite some time. I've come to the conclusion that people are eventually going to realize that I and my wife have ample food and water, simply through cooking smells emanating from the backyard or the fact that we're still fat and happy months after the event. Yes, raiding parties who see our defense works will have their curiosity piqued but initially I hope they go after easier pickings. Later in the event, after they've ransacked every one else's houses, yes, they will come after me.....if they can get to me.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Those of you lucky enough to own acreage in the country and have put up supplies and have access to water have the best chance of surviving a long term event.

I've graded myself and my preps, just like they do on "Doomsday Preppers" but instead of giving myself "X" number of months to survive I look at percentages.

Realistically, in my current position I give myself a 50% chance of surviving one year of an extended event.

If I owned acreage in the country, with all the supplies and skills I have (farming, military engineering, weapons, and fieldcraft), I'd give myself a 95% chance of surviving a year.

You guys with land got it made.

Top Bottom