BUG OUT Vehicle. What do you got???

Discussion in 'Knives, Tactical Gear, and Survival' started by ethan, Sep 16, 2009.

1. ethan

ethan New Member

i checked the vehicle forum, couldnt find anything, and considering its in the off topic section, i would say this is more on topic, but i apologize if this is in the wrong place.

We talk about being prepared for E&E/bug out and first response/emergency, i would say that these situations go hand in hand, having a back pack or two filled, a box in the truck, whatever, and we talk about just getting out and living in the woods or whatever, live off the land, move and just cut brush but there's also alot of guys (and gals) here who are family people, might have someone in their family who is handicapped, be it physically or mentally, young children (10 and under), pregnant wives, etc, etc, etc where a dismounted bug out just isnt pheasable.

So my question is, what are we doing with our vehicles to prepare for such a scenario be it an E&E or just every day first response, practical performance modifications, fuel economy boosts, aftermarket fuel tanks, 4x4, extra storage space, lighting, medical supplies on board, lifts, tires, parts designed for longevity and ease of maintinence, tools and supplies on board for different situations, whatever you've got.

Me personally, currently a 2000 4x4 Ford Explorer XLT, this is my first truck and i'm getting rid of it when i get back from iraq (whole nother story) so its limited but i have big ideas for the next truck. My Exploder currently has brand new off road shocks, 31 bfg a/t's it has the factory fog lights, i have facing forward a remote control spot light, rear facing tractor light, a cobra 29 micro CB with a PA and a 30 inch whip antenna, plus i keep a charger for teh cell phone and i have a booster antenna installed on the back window, in the back, i have a plastic bed box on the side, filled with all sorts of tools, two jacks, shovel, hatchets,pry bars, Slime for flats, two fire extinguishers, flares, several tow straps for different situations, also my survival .22 with 500 rds, i have two large medical bags, one is a general purpose with off the shelf supplies from all over, the other is from supplies that i pillage at work, some saline iv's for general hydration, curlex gauze, tampons (really do work for gunshots) and bloody noses, CAT tourniquets, combat gauze for large bleeds, also a couple packets of quick clot JIC. there's other things but i'm not gonna fill this up with stupid stuff, so lets see what you've got or what you have in mind for the future

2. Roscoe

Roscoe Active Member

Apr 27, 2009
    Magnolia
    We have a 2005 Jeep Rubicon that has less than 9K miles on it. It pretty much stays in the garage, only get it out when I'm home on r&r or when the weather is bad enough the wife feels better with it on the road than the sedan. We usually keep the back seat out, and have two pre-packed trunks that can be loaded quickly. We keep the gas tank topped off and have two 5 gallon gas cans we keep filled just for the jeep. Came in handy for Hurricane Ike. I'd say its pretty well set up to get anywhere we need to go either in bad weather or to get away from a local problem.

3. Buckles

Buckles Active Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Cypress, TX
    Ive got an f150 with all terrain tires, cb radio, off road lights behind the grille, air tank/compressor, lots of performance goodies, and an 8ft bed with plenty of room for other stuff

4. Big country

Big country TGT Addict

Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I have an 03 Nissan Pathfinder and I can load that sucker QUICK! Me and my wife found out on a camping trip a few years ago. LOL I try and keep one of my hunting packs in bug out mode but it almost always gets disassembled for a hunting or fishing trip, but I try! LOL

5. lazypineapple

lazypineapple New Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Granbury,Texas
    Vehicles will only be temperary. Rolling targets
    you won't want be on the roads.
    Head for the hills where there's water
    a good pair of boots

6. SC-Texas

SC-Texas Moderator Moderator

Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    1989 Chevy Blazer 4x4

7. Big country

Big country TGT Addict

Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    By water: small, light, floats!
    [​IMG]

And on dry land -
    [​IMG]

8. kingofwylietx

kingofwylietx Well-Known

Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    Hmm....I doubt BC gets many tailgaters when that minigun is mounted.....

9. dee

dee Well-Known

Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    A van down by the river.

10. country_boy

country_boy TGT Addict

Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    got a dirt bike and one of these days my old 4x4 dodge will be ready. Its a got cobra 29 cb, toolbox with a bolt cutter, green slime, my custom first aid kit, various other tools, an air tank, have a gun rack with my ak and a 22 rifle ready. I got a emergency plan ready(family secret).