• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ethan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    Fort Worth (Currently in Iraq)
    i checked the vehicle forum, couldnt find anything, and considering its in the off topic section, i would say this is more on topic, but i apologize if this is in the wrong place.

We talk about being prepared for E&E/bug out and first response/emergency, i would say that these situations go hand in hand, having a back pack or two filled, a box in the truck, whatever, and we talk about just getting out and living in the woods or whatever, live off the land, move and just cut brush but there's also alot of guys (and gals) here who are family people, might have someone in their family who is handicapped, be it physically or mentally, young children (10 and under), pregnant wives, etc, etc, etc where a dismounted bug out just isnt pheasable.

So my question is, what are we doing with our vehicles to prepare for such a scenario be it an E&E or just every day first response, practical performance modifications, fuel economy boosts, aftermarket fuel tanks, 4x4, extra storage space, lighting, medical supplies on board, lifts, tires, parts designed for longevity and ease of maintinence, tools and supplies on board for different situations, whatever you've got.

Me personally, currently a 2000 4x4 Ford Explorer XLT, this is my first truck and i'm getting rid of it when i get back from iraq (whole nother story) so its limited but i have big ideas for the next truck. My Exploder currently has brand new off road shocks, 31 bfg a/t's it has the factory fog lights, i have facing forward a remote control spot light, rear facing tractor light, a cobra 29 micro CB with a PA and a 30 inch whip antenna, plus i keep a charger for teh cell phone and i have a booster antenna installed on the back window, in the back, i have a plastic bed box on the side, filled with all sorts of tools, two jacks, shovel, hatchets,pry bars, Slime for flats, two fire extinguishers, flares, several tow straps for different situations, also my survival .22 with 500 rds, i have two large medical bags, one is a general purpose with off the shelf supplies from all over, the other is from supplies that i pillage at work, some saline iv's for general hydration, curlex gauze, tampons (really do work for gunshots) and bloody noses, CAT tourniquets, combat gauze for large bleeds, also a couple packets of quick clot JIC. there's other things but i'm not gonna fill this up with stupid stuff, so lets see what you've got or what you have in mind for the future
    Military Camp

Roscoe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Magnolia
    We have a 2005 Jeep Rubicon that has less than 9K miles on it. It pretty much stays in the garage, only get it out when I'm home on r&r or when the weather is bad enough the wife feels better with it on the road than the sedan. We usually keep the back seat out, and have two pre-packed trunks that can be loaded quickly. We keep the gas tank topped off and have two 5 gallon gas cans we keep filled just for the jeep. Came in handy for Hurricane Ike. I'd say its pretty well set up to get anywhere we need to go either in bad weather or to get away from a local problem.

Buckles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Cypress, TX
    Ive got an f150 with all terrain tires, cb radio, off road lights behind the grille, air tank/compressor, lots of performance goodies, and an 8ft bed with plenty of room for other stuff

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I have an 03 Nissan Pathfinder and I can load that sucker QUICK! Me and my wife found out on a camping trip a few years ago. LOL I try and keep one of my hunting packs in bug out mode but it almost always gets disassembled for a hunting or fishing trip, but I try! LOL

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    By water: small, light, floats!
    canadian_navy.jpg

And on dry land -
    1230763233594.jpg

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    got a dirt bike and one of these days my old 4x4 dodge will be ready. Its a got cobra 29 cb, toolbox with a bolt cutter, green slime, my custom first aid kit, various other tools, an air tank, have a gun rack with my ak and a 22 rifle ready. I got a emergency plan ready(family secret).

Jeff B

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Flower Mound, TX
    A van?

Heard of a van that is loaded with weapons
    packed up and ready to go
    Heard of some gravesites, out by the highway
    a place where nobody knows
    The sound of gunfire, off in the distance
    I'm getting used to it now
    Lived in a brownstone, lived in the ghetto
    I've lived all over this town

;)

Jeff B.

ES4Me

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    God's Country
    Ok..not to hi-jack a thread...but I have a problem very much related to bugging out and planning.

I have a gut feeling that isn't good. I have been trying to get my DH in preparation mode for over a year now. He is spending our emergency provisions fund like it is monopoly money. Started with guns and ammo - which was awesome.

I had to convince him to start on the guns/ammo and we now have a fairly decent array to feed and defend ourselves with if the time comes. I was moving on to our food supply and "survival coins", when he started buying stupid stuff. Guitars, amps, drum kits, etc. Maybe in the event of a meltdown, he is planning on joining ole "Uncle Ted" and revamping Cat Scratch Fever????

Don't get me wrong, I am married to a GREAT man and remind him of that often. He just doesn't feel the same sense of urgency or concern that I do. He thinks he will always have a good job, I will always have a good job, and his small business will keep growing. Everything will be just fine. HOW in the world do I help him understand my concerns and to start thinking about the seriousness of everything? :1zhelp:

Back on thread....if he ever puts gas in it (DH has a habit of running on fumes - to me it costs as much to fill the top half as it does the bottom! :banghead:) DH has an '06 Chevy 4WD Quad cab 2500 HD, we have a 35' 5th wheel, and I have an '09 Odyssey and acreage in the country we can access easily. Not well hidden though.....

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    On the spouse thing, get him to read the news, with or without you, for 5-10 minutes a day. I'd recommend drudge report since it has a lot of variety and not 100% hardcore.

BOT, F-350 4x4 CC w/8' bed. Can fit the family, lots of gear, and can push/tow if necessary.

ES4Me

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    God's Country
    On the spouse thing, get him to read the news, with or without you, for 5-10 minutes a day. I'd recommend drudge report since it has a lot of variety and not 100% hardcore.

ROFLOL!! Well....here is the real kicker. We are hard core FoxNews addicts - TV rarely leaves the channel. His current reading material is "Common Sense (Beck)", "Liberty and Tyranny (Levin)", "Culture of Corruption (Malkin)" and "Catastrophe (Morris)". He has some other books in the waiting. We have a virtual Conservative Survival Library at our house! I have been insisting that he buy the books rather than checking them out at the public library so we have them here for the future. Satellite radio is always on FoxNews or America Right.

Not being a guy, but then again not being like the women at the ATM referenced in another thread () let me run this by you......do you think he is having his midlife crisis at the same time we are due for a REAL crisis and he is just spending all his cash on toys before it is all gone??????? :confused:

FYI...you guys crack me up. Sixteen year old son and I have an evening ritural starting about 9:00 pm where we sit and read the forum. Thanks for energizing our "bonding time"!!

So...how do I not ruin my hubby's fun and yet bring him down to reality??? Maybe I should start a new thread?

ethan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    Fort Worth (Currently in Iraq)
    Ok..not to hi-jack a thread...but I have a problem very much related to bugging out and planning.

I have a gut feeling that isn't good. I have been trying to get my DH in preparation mode for over a year now. He is spending our emergency provisions fund like it is monopoly money. Started with guns and ammo - which was awesome.

I had to convince him to start on the guns/ammo and we now have a fairly decent array to feed and defend ourselves with if the time comes. I was moving on to our food supply and "survival coins", when he started buying stupid stuff. Guitars, amps, drum kits, etc. Maybe in the event of a meltdown, he is planning on joining ole "Uncle Ted" and revamping Cat Scratch Fever????

Don't get me wrong, I am married to a GREAT man and remind him of that often. He just doesn't feel the same sense of urgency or concern that I do. He thinks he will always have a good job, I will always have a good job, and his small business will keep growing. Everything will be just fine. HOW in the world do I help him understand my concerns and to start thinking about the seriousness of everything? :1zhelp:

Back on thread....if he ever puts gas in it (DH has a habit of running on fumes - to me it costs as much to fill the top half as it does the bottom! :banghead:) DH has an '06 Chevy 4WD Quad cab 2500 HD, we have a 35' 5th wheel, and I have an '09 Odyssey and acreage in the country we can access easily. Not well hidden though.....

people learn two ways far as i'm concerned, through experience, or enlightentment, unfortunately the experiences are not always good ones, there are some people who are just wired for this kind of stuff , and we are the sheepdogs, one thing you must realize is that you CAN NOT enlighten everyone, some people wont change till somethin kicks them in the ass. I had this problem with my girlfriend, (comes from an upscale neighborhood outside of boston, low crime, sleep with doors open, cars unlocked all that, primarily rich families.) unfortunately it took a rape for her to finally see the inherent evils of the world, she's now very very pro gun/CHL, personal defense etc, some people you just have to let them find o ut on their own, and that may sound harsh, considering this is someone you love, but the best thing you can do is to keep up your end and maybe one day he'll hop on board, but no guarantees

Top Bottom