• ...and so much more!
  • Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Another vote for "forcibly toss a guy out", never heard the "new" meaning but I don't get out much, this might be part of why. Or if I heard it I just categorized it with other mangled quotes, expressions and grammatical usage errors like my favorite "I seen this the other day..." Gay is happy, carefree, queer was the word from my day but it was offensive?

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Another vote for "forcibly toss a guy out", never heard the "new" meaning but I don't get out much, this might be part of why. Or if I heard it I just categorized it with other mangled quotes, expressions and grammatical usage errors like my favorite "I seen this the other day..." Gay is happy, carefree, queer was the word from my day but it was offensive?

Worked in England for a while, where a "fag" was a cigarette, and a girl (bird) would tell you to "knock me up". Confusion didn't last long.

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Worked in England for a while, where a "fag" was a cigarette, and a girl (bird) would tell you to "knock me up". Confusion didn't last long.

Forgot about those, was stationed in Scotland for a while - "geez a fag Jimmie!". Awkward learning "fanny" referred to the front in response to playfully threatening to "bust her fanny" over some supposed offense.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.

I musta missed the memo. Seriously though, can anyone remember why and arond when it changed?

I would say it got wide spread use in pop culture under the new meaning after the release of Public Enemy's first album, "YO! Bum Rush The Show" in 1987.

For the record, I've heard it used both ways in my life.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Man go to tcm channel. Watch old bogie-bacall, and cat on a hot tin roof, etc,
    Go to you tube get Phil Harris, suspense, the whistler. And please let your Google fu
    Find you some pat novac for hire. Ya wanna see where a lot of these terms come fron.
    Pat novac will do it for you

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Luna2020
    Top Bottom