Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    lol

Something like this? :)

attachment.jpg
    I saw that pic IN a home depot....lmao.
    As far as your safe..you can tote it in a 1/2 ton or 3/4 tone with a tommy lift. Now to get it from your driveway to it final spot? lol...have fun!

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    TexasRedneck,I see your point on all this.
    I'm just trying to save a few bucks.The more money I save the more to spend on ammo! :D

No problem, my friend.....it's just that this thread has become the poster child for "oops!"(G) I KNOW stuff gets expensive - believe me, I recognize it. I own an F150 besides the 450 - the 150 is used for "running around", the 450 for when the job is real. It's entirely too expensive to just "knock around" in - it's a Utility bed truck, and the tools in it alone would set someone back over $10k. That's why it's hard to get things done now - the cost of just going out to "look" at something to quote have gotten out of hand if you ain't careful.

I made a 180 mile round trip on a job yesterday - cost me $70+ in fuel alone. Took me and a helper a bit over 3 hours in drive time. The trip charge alone was $530!! 10-15 years ago, that same run was like $225.

ArchonXD40

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    Louisiana
    No problem, my friend.....it's just that this thread has become the poster child for "oops!"(G) I KNOW stuff gets expensive - believe me, I recognize it. I own an F150 besides the 450 - the 150 is used for "running around", the 450 for when the job is real. It's entirely too expensive to just "knock around" in - it's a Utility bed truck, and the tools in it alone would set someone back over $10k. That's why it's hard to get things done now - the cost of just going out to "look" at something to quote have gotten out of hand if you ain't careful.

I made a 180 mile round trip on a job yesterday - cost me $70+ in fuel alone. Took me and a helper a bit over 3 hours in drive time. The trip charge alone was $530!! 10-15 years ago, that same run was like $225.

Yeah that 450 i bet is expensive to operate.I'm looking at a used 2001 Ford F150 XLT Supercrew for a second vehicle.The MPG on it sux as well.It sure is a nice truck though.I might hold off on purchasing this truck after seeing what kind of MPG they get now.I'm also looking at a used Nissan Frontier 4cylinder not the 6 so I can save on gas money.I like the looks of these trucks as well.

ArchonXD40

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    Louisiana
    Yeah....beginnin' ta think this guy's a troll....... View attachment 8142

lol im not a troll...a troll doens't take the time to upload avatars and signatures
    search for my other post on this sight...not troll type post

*sigh

i guess cause i have a low post count,well i did just join this site not long ago...gimi time i will fix that...one of my other forums i have 36k post ;)

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    lol im not a troll...a troll doens't take the time to upload avatars and signatures
    search for my other post on this sight...not troll type post

*sigh

i guess cause i have a low post count,well i did just join this site not long ago...gimi time i will fix that...one of my other forums i have 36k post ;)

You don't know me well enough yet - but ah'm jest yankin' yer string.<G> Havin' paid almost $450 to offload and install a safe last year, I understand the angst - but tryin' to move 1800 lbs of dead weight takes some serious manpower!

ArchonXD40

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    Louisiana
    You don't know me well enough yet - but ah'm jest yankin' yer string.<G> Havin' paid almost $450 to offload and install a safe last year, I understand the angst - but tryin' to move 1800 lbs of dead weight takes some serious manpower!

I probably should just pay the $250 and be done with it. The other place wanted $300 heh.

ArchonXD40

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    Louisiana
    You could always put an ad on Craigslist. It is a gamble, but if I was closer, I'd do it for way less than $250.

I thought about that but then I thought about a total stranger in my crib knowing about my safe.

I'm in Shreveport,damn near TX if you ask me. ;)

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I just looked up the specs for this safe.
    Its a Cannon 48 gun. 850lbs
    I said Browning earlier but I meant to say Cannon.

This is it but the one they have in stock is silver not black.

48gun.jpg
    If that is the 6ft tall Cannon, that is one I have. You can manhandle it with a crew of friends and a case of beer. I did anyway.

ArchonXD40

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    Louisiana
    Top Bottom