• ...and so much more!
  • TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Oh - okay, *relatively* light....golf balls are your friend. Get 3-4 dozen, tip the safe an' get 'em started. Keep at least a dozen under it at any given time, and a 12-year-old can put it wherever ya want. I've done 'em exactly that way. An' ya don't need a lift gate for one that size - tip it into the back of a pickup truck, pull it back out an' dolly it into the house w/an appliance dolly. Had one that size - moved it by myself twice just that way.

ArchonXD40

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    Louisiana
    Oh - okay, *relatively* light....golf balls are your friend. Get 3-4 dozen, tip the safe an' get 'em started. Keep at least a dozen under it at any given time, and a 12-year-old can put it wherever ya want. I've done 'em exactly that way. An' ya don't need a lift gate for one that size - tip it into the back of a pickup truck, pull it back out an' dolly it into the house w/an appliance dolly. Had one that size - moved it by myself twice just that way.

Gold balls are a good idea.

Check this guy out,I believe he has it down to an art.

YouTube - Gun Safe moving. pallet removing. & leveling. Tricks of the trade

fuelfather

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    San Antonio
    Yeah that 450 i bet is expensive to operate.I'm looking at a used 2001 Ford F150 XLT Supercrew for a second vehicle.The MPG on it sux as well.It sure is a nice truck though.I might hold off on purchasing this truck after seeing what kind of MPG they get now.I'm also looking at a used Nissan Frontier 4cylinder not the 6 so I can save on gas money.I like the looks of these trucks as well.

If you get the Frontier, get the 6, you will not see a major difference in mileage. The wifes van came in 6 and 4, the 6 gets 24mpg and the 4 got 26mpg. With that truck anything you put in the back and that 4cyl. will have to even harder than that 6 cyl, there will be no worthy difference in gas mileage.

Top Bottom