• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    If anything, it only demonstrates the uselessness of the gun control measures in California being proposed by she-whose-name-will-not-be-spoken for the rest of the country.

A legitimate argument could be made that armed, law-abiding citizens could have defended themselves from this criminal and possibly even stopped his killing spree from spreading as far as it did.

Gun control laws don't get rid of illegal guns nor do they disarm criminals.

Too bad Californians have to learn that lesson the hard way...
    Hurley's Gold

effnoldguy

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    North Central Texas
    I can't believe anything cops do these days is legit. Don't trust them, don't trust the gov't. I understand why people don't want to say anything to them. OP don't know who the f'in cowards are here.

Wiked

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    OP don't know who the f'in cowards are here.

Who are the cowards? I call those who strap on a vest and go out with the intent to kill innocent people cowards. I call those who feel the need to make a statement about their feelings, religion or political views at the cost of innocent lives cowards.
    In your opinion who should I call cowards?

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    130608-santamonica-hmed-2p.photoblog600.jpg

460x.jpg

130608201852-01-santa-monica-shooting-evidence-horizontal-gallery.jpg

santa-monica-5.jpg

Police in Santa Monica, Calif., said that a suspected gunman carried the following weapons, ammunition and equipment during Friday's rampage that left four people dead and several others wounded. The items were found at several crime scenes and many were displayed at a news conference on Saturday.
    — AR-15 assault-style rifle.
    — Spare upper receiver for an assault-style rifle.
    — .44 revolver.
    — Duffel bag with magazines that had about 1,300 rounds of ammunition.
    — Ballistic vest.
    — Knee pads.

Last edited:

mosin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Laredo
    I keep waiting to hear that this guy (the shooter) was an NRA member who considered himself a "Constitutionalist" and got his gun at a gun show without a background check, cause that's where the blame will be placed regardless. Anyone have any of this info? Have they identified the shooter yet?

No worries, just another immigrant muslim ;)

John Zawahri

"My heart breaks for her, because I knew the kid wasn't right. You know how you can just sense there's something not quite right about somebody? Something not quite right," said neighbor Beverly Meadows, who added that the suspect had recently shaved his head, grew a beard and was possibly planning to move overseas to live with other family members.

Santa Monica shooting rampage: Suspect identified as John Zawahri | abc7.com

Really though everything I've came across so far points towards kid just "snapped" just your standard nut job, this one just happened to be muslim. Killing his father etc. doesn't really fit the profile of a terrorist.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    That looks like a blackpowder revolver, not a .44 Mag. Might have a centerfire conversion cylinder in it, but I don't think those can stand up to .44 mag...

Why the hell would he bring a spare upper? Makes no sense. Especially one without a bolt in it...

Sounded like he was targeting women specifically, too.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    That looks like a blackpowder revolver, not a .44 Mag. Might have a centerfire conversion cylinder in it, but I don't think those can stand up to .44 mag...

Why the hell would he bring a spare upper? Makes no sense. Especially one without a bolt in it...

Sounded like he was targeting women specifically, too.

.44 special, .44-40, .44 Russian could be any .44. It's a remington 1858, most likely an uberti/cimmaron cartridge conversion gun. Hard to tell since you can't see the cylinder closer. Looks like it has a cut for cartridge loading.

Last edited:

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    They'll sweep this one under the rug just like they did with Dorner.

This attacker was a muslim and Dorner was a cop. Doesn't fit the liberal narrative so expect the story to disappear from the MSM soon.

Last edited:

bryonbush

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    Terrell
    I can't believe anything cops do these days is legit. Don't trust them, don't trust the gov't. I understand why people don't want to say anything to them. OP don't know who the f'in cowards are here.
    you are someone special I can tell. to assume all cops are crooked is like saying all gun owners are criminals. too bad there isn't a list you can put your name on so when your car or house gets broken into and you want to make a report, no "crooked" cops will have to show up. Don't trust em you say, but yet how many cops would drop their duty rigs if they were told to confiscate weapons; maybe looking at what the Colorado Sheriffs are doing would be a good place to start. Tell the cops who rushed into an active shooter situation to take out a gunman. and to keep this short so it wont go off topic too much, when was the last time you went to work, every single day for years on out, that you put on a vest and a gun to do a job that don't pay worth a crap.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Doesn't pay worth a crap? Really?

ETA: Some Google searching reveals a start pay from around $45,000 to as high as $65,000 for police officers in Texas.

These typically include full medical and dental (usually from first day of police academy). In Austin, an officer can be making over $80K/year (before overtime) after only two years. I'd bet there are a large number of APD officers making over $100K/year after overtime with their pay plans, and this is before the benefits that run about $20K/year for each officer. This is all before the "side jobs" many officers I know take on.

There are a lot of down-sides to being a cop, but pay isn't one of them.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Santa Monica shooting spree victim says she played dead to avoid gunman | Fox News

This victim says she drove right by and yelled at the guy.

Of course I can sit here and armchair QB, but if she was close enough to drive right by and yell, she was close enough to plow the guy over. Obviously she was bold enough to react against the threat, if she was thinking, she could have reacted in a way that may have incapacitated him. Yelling 'Dont!' was so effective :rolleyes:

Oddly, it wasn't until after she got her and her car shot up did she think 'maybe I shouldn't move'.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Santa Monica shooting spree victim says she played dead to avoid gunman | Fox News

This victim says she drove right by and yelled at the guy.

Of course I can sit here and armchair QB, but if she was close enough to drive right by and yell, she was close enough to plow the guy over. Obviously she was bold enough to react against the threat, if she was thinking, she could have reacted in a way that may have incapacitated him. Yelling 'Dont!' was so effective :rolleyes:

Oddly, it wasn't until after she got her and her car shot up did she think 'maybe I shouldn't move'.

Not everybody has the mindset to fight. Betcha your personality is Type A, and I'd bet this woman is a Type B...

One thing I noticed was police response time was on the order of 12 minutes from first call made to bad guy down. 12 minutes is eternity when someone is running around shooting people. Remember that when antis talk smack.

bryonbush

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    Terrell
    Doesn't pay worth a crap? Really?

ETA: Some Google searching reveals a start pay from around $45,000 to as high as $65,000 for police officers in Texas.

These typically include full medical and dental (usually from first day of police academy). In Austin, an officer can be making over $80K/year (before overtime) after only two years. I'd bet there are a large number of APD officers making over $100K/year after overtime with their pay plans, and this is before the benefits that run about $20K/year for each officer. This is all before the "side jobs" many officers I know take on.

There are a lot of down-sides to being a cop, but pay isn't one of them.

good for the people who work for APD. but how many other agencies in this state and across the country pay that well? were not just talking about big cities, its across the board state wide. Google search some smaller cities pay plans and its almost insulting. I personally am not complaining, but that's because I work every hour of OT put up. but to say that the 30-40k a year is worth while to put your life on the line is enough for some of those guys is messed up. and lets just say you are that cop who brings home 100K a year. do you think most of them would risk everything you mentioned to make some pathetic arrest or make up some BS for whatever reason? would you be a cop in Detroit for $30k a year?

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    good for the people who work for APD. but how many other agencies in this state and across the country pay that well? were not just talking about big cities, its across the board state wide. Google search some smaller cities pay plans and its almost insulting. I personally am not complaining, but that's because I work every hour of OT put up. but to say that the 30-40k a year is worth while to put your life on the line is enough for some of those guys is messed up. and lets just say you are that cop who brings home 100K a year. do you think most of them would risk everything you mentioned to make some pathetic arrest or make up some BS for whatever reason? would you be a cop in Detroit for $30k a year?

I looked at small towns, they were the ones starting low-mid $40s, and still with benefit packages worth in the neighborhood of $20K/year.

The danger thing isn't really going to impress me. A few weeks ago I broke a finger when a Mustang suspension tried crushing my skull (not a day of work missed), and I've got chronic, work-related injuries and scars dating back to when I entered the workforce. One finger has had stitches in it for 17 years now, and they'll be buried with me, assuming I don't lose the finger at some point down the road. Ask SWCC about how safe our line of work is. I'm about as well compensated as a newbie small town cop, and that's with 14 years experience.

But you don't hear me complain about the low-ish pay, the disrespect from people who assume I'm out to rip them off, the constant injuries or any of that stuff. It's my job. I chose it. If I don't like something about it, I can start over.

So can cops.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    Rumor is the psycho was on the terrorist watch list. And the magazines were blocked to accept only 5 rounds. Rifle might have had one of those God awful ugly kalifornia legal abortion stocks on it too.

If true no wonder they want this swept under the rug. Muslim, suspected terrorist, using kali gun control approved no pistolgrip rifle with gun grabber blessed 5 round magazines.

Top Bottom