Can someone help me understand this HOA?

68whiskey

Jan 4, 2021
Texussss
First time home buyer who is out there submitting offers. One of the houses I really liked had some interesting verbiage in their CCRs. Im not the best at legal words but I see they are allowing themselves to enter the property.

What I cant distinguish is if they are referring to the exterior of the house as "Lot" or the property in general as "Lot" . I dont want these California wanna be commie bastids in my house for "improvement/enforcement purposes. Them walking on the outside doesnt bother me as much. The house in question is located in Round Rock if that helps .

Bear with me and my lack of photo resizing skills. Thank You.

https://www.settlersparkhoa.com/governing-documents < Website
Declaration- Settlers Outlook > Section 4.03 : Right of Entry & Enforcement

In the above link is where the CCRs are located.

Axxe55

Just me and the dog.
Dec 15, 2019
Somewhere....In Texas!
I wish I had that option but with the market the way it is most non HOA homes are going for 30-50k over asking and I dont have that kind of money. All the libtards from blue states have F'ed over the housing market here
I have no idea what to suggest you do, other than get an attorney to look over the paperwork and advise you on a course of action.

Or find a better realtor.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
Forum Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
San Antonio
It says they can enter into any improvement on the lot. You're giving them permission to enter your house, forcefully if necessary, and any damage done during entry is on you.

HARD PASS on this one. I don't care what the market is, do not bid on this house.

68whiskey

Jan 4, 2021
Texussss
I have no idea what to suggest you do, other than get an attorney to look over the paperwork and advise you on a course of action.

Or find a better realtor.
I am asking for interpretations/opinions. Ive always rented and not 100% familiar with single family home HOAs. Is my understanding correct to assume they can just walk in with 24 hours notice?

Primary

TexasGunTalk Assistant
Here are some related products that TexasGunTalk members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TexasGunTalk’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TexasGunTalk discussions about these products.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud

Forum statistics

Threads
Members