Venture Surplus ad

Can we please increase the minimum post count to use the gun classifieds ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    I'm going to get you a dictionary so you'll stop posting like a toothless meth monger.

I changed the post requirement to 25. It won't be retroactive, meaning it will only affect posters from this point forward whom haven't already met the requirements.

I am so glad I visited this thread simply because of this post. I'm still loling.
    DK Firearms

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    honestly, I would say 100 is completely fair. Every other high end forum I have been on had a 100 post minimum, and it has worked flawlessly for them. That way we know for a fact, they are committed to staying and contributing to the forum. AND, if they tried to spam 100 posts in a short amount of time, it would be a surefire failproof way to tell they are just here to sell their shit and leave.

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    i'll be in the minority here - but i'm against it - you may be excluding somebody that may come along with a good deal

we're all adults here, we can all exercise personal choice - it's like hearing a show on the radio that you dont like, you simply change the channel

i can tell which gun ads threads i even want to open simply by the title of the thread....if it doesnt interest me then i dont read it....if it does and it's overpriced, then i move on

this is really no different than anywhere else right now with the market the way it is

mantawolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Lowry Crossing
    The board I was visiting while we were down here was 50 AND 30 days as a member. Not sure about the software we are running here but some of them will allow you to do that automatically.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    I know i have informed mods of people on the forum who have 50-100 post and all but 5 of them (4 of which are saying thank you in their intro thread) are in classified ads, either starting an sale thread or bumps in their threads.

Im glad to see the minimum post raised.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Pssshhhh-I say we just have a panel of members that votes who's allowed to post in the classifieds. Then, if you start to post a lot of junk or you're trying to jack the price up too high on things-you get your right revoked. Also, if they don't like the price of something, they can require that you drop the price or leave. Also, we should be able to vote if we like someone or don't like them. Enough vote's against them-BAM! They get kicked. It'd also be a great idea to not allow anyone on here that doesn't own at least 15 guns-of them, you have to own at least ONE 1911, ONE GLOCK, and ONE "black rifle".

Just sayin. Gotta reputation to maintain here.

robertc1216

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    Cypress
    I am a member on a couple of forums that require more than a hundred. One with 300 (a bit extreme). So I don't think 50 would be unreasonable, but 25 would probably need less resistance.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I still don't think it's enough, and I am not worried about all those posting insane prices as the market forces will take care of that. What irked me was the lack of commitment being demonstrated by new/low-count members on here who don't keep their word. As stated, I posted an "I'll take it!" in one ad only to have the seller tell me ten hours later it was sold. Solid bullshit on that one, and that was when I started calling for greater post counts before selling on here.

I honestly don't give a damn if someone bypasses this forum because of it as for the most part they weren't committed to being a contributing member in the first place and if that's the case, then to hell with 'em! I have bought a lot of items from some great folks on this forum, so I know who the reliable individuals who will keep their word are. We don't need anyone that doesn't fit that description, even if it means we miss out on a few ads. Most likely they were overpriced bullshit to begin with...

I submit a minimum 50 posts or 30 days on the forum as the standard before being allowed to post an ad. If someone can't met either of those criteria, they really don't want to be here in the first place.

I hope the goal of this forum is to have quality members, not quantity!

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Well. Everybody has the right to an opinion but this is at least a step in the right direction. It was just too easy to post 5 BS posts and start selling. Time will tell if 25 is enough... but this is a pretty laid back board - unlike many other firearms related boards who think their waste doesn't stink.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I'd support a limit on posting for sale items only here. When I've responded to a "for sale" thread, the OP won't respond because he's checking his other threads or he won't give you a response because he's juggling his other offers. It turns our "I'll take it" custom into a joke.

Flash

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Seeing a lot of people creating account and their first and only posts are replying to for sale threads, they can't find what they're looking for in the stores so are hitting the websites and classifieds only.

digitaltrip

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    Mesquite
    Always love the...bump, btt, btt, btt, btt, btt, btt. If you gotta bump something 7 times then its more than likely not going to sell! /rant off

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    i've actually had zero luck here selling anything - but have had fantastic success on armslist.com.....i post in both places any WTS or WTB

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    I'm happy with the 25 post minimum.

These new rules are a slippery slope, though, that will turn this place into the super strict TexasHuntingForum Classifieds. Although, despite their hardcore rules, it's still the busiest firearms classifieds I've ever seen. Your post will get dropped to the 3rd or 4th page in a single day...

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    my concern - sort of mirrors what max said - you create a posting minimum and some idiot will fill threads with dribble just to post a want ad and then be gone - i think i'd rather him just post the ad and be done with it

but i have no real opposition to a posting limit - just being a contrarian :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom