• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Swedonia

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 8, 2023
    Sweetwater, TX
    Being lazy about carrying a 24-25 ounce (loaded) revolver concealed, I talked myself into buying a Ruger LCP Max. I briefly had the original article when it first came out, but shortly thereafter gave it to my brother. The Max is certainly superior: better sights, better trigger, 12-round magazines. It's so easy to carry and weighs so little that it is a comfort in that department. But ya know what? Take it to the range and run a couple of boxes through it and you are left with the truth: It's a popgun -- certainly lethal when well used -- but a popgun nonetheless. I think I will refocus on the .327 -- or better, go back to a Charter Bulldog loaded with five Keiths. Anyone else have similar thoughts about the .380 pocket guns?
    Texas SOT

Swedonia

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 8, 2023
    Sweetwater, TX
    Oldag, a 1911 is tough for me to carry and conceal but I agree it cannot be beat and I have lived most of my life comfortable with 1911 controls. Robert, I'll look at the EC9 at the next gun show. I've never been a big 9 fan, but compared to the .380, it's serious business.

Pistol Pete

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2010
    Texas
    Don't look at me, mine is a 642, fits in my pocket. I have an original LC9 but it isn't a gun I can draw from my pocket. I have carried it in a cargo pocket but that's not a quick draw, ok in a car tho.

Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    1911? Get yourself a Walker. Enough stopping power for a horse. Dwarfs the LC9.

walkr.jpg

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    I wanted to like the LCP MAX. But, like its LCP brother, there's not enough grip for my hand. Felt recoil is worse than any micro-9 or .357Mag snub. I would really like to try one of the larger .380ACPs like the P365 or PD380.

.380ACP is a good round. It hits above its weight class, and it's effective for SD with FMJ ammo. I might add one as a middle step between my LCPII .22lr and my PT-145......

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    Oldag, a 1911 is tough for me to carry and conceal but I agree it cannot be beat and I have lived most of my life comfortable with 1911 controls. Robert, I'll look at the EC9 at the next gun show. I've never been a big 9 fan, but compared to the .380, it's serious business.
    I also carry the 1911 .45 for my pocket gun I recently switched from a Kimber Micro 9 (due to crooked broke thumb not engaging the safety in every quick reaction practice) to a SIG P365 improved trigger and springs (kept the stiffer striker spring for reliability) and grip enhancements
    I admit that I liked the muscle memory from the 1911 and the same laser grips and matching sights which the big and little 1911 Kimbers provided.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Being lazy about carrying a 24-25 ounce (loaded) revolver concealed, I talked myself into buying a Ruger LCP Max. I briefly had the original article when it first came out, but shortly thereafter gave it to my brother. The Max is certainly superior: better sights, better trigger, 12-round magazines. It's so easy to carry and weighs so little that it is a comfort in that department. But ya know what? Take it to the range and run a couple of boxes through it and you are left with the truth: It's a popgun -- certainly lethal when well used -- but a popgun nonetheless. I think I will refocus on the .327 -- or better, go back to a Charter Bulldog loaded with five Keiths. Anyone else have similar thoughts about the .380 pocket guns?
    IMG_7975.jpeg

With the right ammo ( ARX 56 grain 1260 fps) I do not feel at all under gunned.

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    A .380 loaded with Federal Hydra-Shok Deep rounds is nothing to sneeze at. Check out some of the gel test videos for that round on youtube.

Reactions: TXP

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    You tested the Walker on your horse and the LC9 on a dwarf?

You a hard man, lead belly…
    I think he may have been over served when he posted that. What he meant to say is both were tested after tossing a dwarf on a horse.

But I don’t think you can call them dwarfs ( or dwarves, for the grammar SS) any more. I think the preferred descriptors are “wee people” or “munchkins”

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    I had a similar experience. I tried a few micro semi-autos and just never liked them. I always went back to my 340pd when I wanted small and light weight. I guess j frames are a better fit for my needs.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom