• ...and so much more!
  • deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I dont shoot a lot of 380. For .380 my favorite pistol is the CZ83. It's a decent size. Not micro but not full size. I wish they would make a newer version like Beretta did the cheetah.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I’ve wanted a Cheetah for 20 years. If I had one I’d carry it. Never could bring myself to pay that price for a 380.
    Military Camp

Swedonia

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 8, 2023
    Sweetwater, TX
    Oz, we sold a lot of SIG P238s at Sportsman's Warehouse. As .380s go it is a very fine choice. I had a gal show up at the shooting range where I was an instructor/range officer with two brand-new .380s, the P238 and a S&W Bodyguard. After putting a single magazine through each, she put the Smith back in the box and later sold it.
    Why SIG has discontinued the 238 is a real puzzle.
    Seeker, when someone mentions thin and 1911 together, one pistol comes to mind: T-33 Tokarev.

Rock Torrey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2021
    Tx
    If you’re interested in a .380, try a Sig Sauer P238. It is 1911-ish in that it’s a metal framed, hammer fired pistol with a safety. I enjoy the heck out of shooting it and have zero reservations having it as an EDC tool. For the price and size, there are others but it is a fairly tame shooter compared to the non metal framed guns. Try it, you’ll like it.

I have the P238, but the P938 is built upon the same frame, for almost no increase in size or weight, I would prefer to have a 9mm.

Oz15

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    SETX
    I have the P238, but the P938 is built upon the same frame, for almost no increase in size or weight, I would prefer to have a 9mm.
    I have a friend with a 938. Nice handgun. He said it was a little snappy but manageable and fun to put a few rounds through. Told him I’d help him out if he ever wanted to unload it- no pun intended.

hornetguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Allen, Texas
    Oldag, a 1911 is tough for me to carry and conceal but I agree it cannot be beat and I have lived most of my life comfortable with 1911 controls. Robert, I'll look at the EC9 at the next gun show. I've never been a big 9 fan, but compared to the .380, it's serious business.
    If you are comfortable with the controls of a 1911, look at the sub-compact 9's... mine is the Sig P938, which is a wonderful EDC pistol. Kimber and other companies make similar sub-compacts, but the Sig is the only one I have experienced. It's more accurate than I am, and has been my EDC for 3 or 4 years now. I have the SAS version, rounded edges, stainless slide. I tried a couple of different grips on it, but settled on a pair of ebony panels. Very dressy looking little 9.
    Recoil is very manageable.. just a little snappier than my wife's Sig P238 in 380.
    This is it, hiding under the knife....

2019 Forum knife.jpg

chobers

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2020
    Maine
    Being lazy about carrying a 24-25 ounce (loaded) revolver concealed, I talked myself into buying a Ruger LCP Max. I briefly had the original article when it first came out, but shortly thereafter gave it to my brother. The Max is certainly superior: better sights, better trigger, 12-round magazines. It's so easy to carry and weighs so little that it is a comfort in that department. But ya know what? Take it to the range and run a couple of boxes through it and you are left with the truth: It's a popgun -- certainly lethal when well used -- but a popgun nonetheless. I think I will refocus on the .327 -- or better, go back to a Charter Bulldog loaded with five Keiths. Anyone else have similar thoughts about the .380 pocket guns?

Top Bottom