• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    Just take txinvestigator's course and you won't have to worry about that a month or so afterwards (presuming you pass). :cool:

Until then, I think you can find the applicable law and print it out to keep on yourself for reference. But to try to present something like that to an LEO might be a little insulting, or humorous depending on the officer.
    When they do a traffic stop, they don't typically rush right out in two seconds. There's usually a waiting period for the officer to radio that he's doing a stop, where he is, running your plates, and waiting a short period to see if your car is stolen or belongs to some dangerous fugitive, etc.
    During this time, you can pull the folded up paper from your breast pocket (if you leave it in the glove compartment or center console, don't even try it!) and read over it real quick so it's fresh in your mind if the officer asks how familiar you really are with the law.
    DK Firearms

Last edited:

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    Well, I carry on my right hip, so as soon as I started carrying, I thought about traffic stops, and started carrying my license, CHL, and insurance card in a small, thin wallet in my left breast pocket (just the way good little Marine recruits are supposed to! :cool: LOL!). Nothing else at ALL ever goes in that skinny little wallet except for those three items. And that little wallet goes in the same place no matter what I'm wearing.
    That way, if stopped, I don't have to worry the officer (who obviously might not know me) by reaching to the general area where I just told him my gun is to prove that I can carry a gun.

Top Bottom