• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    phew! i was thinking iw oas going to have to go bury that 30-06 AP i got last year.
    Gun Zone Deals

Grinch247

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    Texas
    i found this info on wikipedia, as it was a quick reference. i have verified the house bill signed by gov perry, with police agencies. as far as machine guns and what not illegal in texas... well there illegal everywhere, unless your state is an NFA friendly state and the weapon/device in question is a lawfully obtained nfa weapon/device. texas happens to be an nfa friendly state that allows all nfa weapons/devices including machine guns, suppressors, sbr, sbs, aow, and destructive devices.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    i found this info on wikipedia, as it was a quick reference. i have verified the house bill signed by gov perry, with police agencies. as far as machine guns and what not illegal in texas... well there illegal everywhere, unless your state is an NFA friendly state and the weapon/device in question is a lawfully obtained nfa weapon/device. texas happens to be an nfa friendly state that allows all nfa weapons/devices including machine guns, suppressors, sbr, sbs, aow, and destructive devices.

All NFA items are illegal in the state of Texas, but it is a defense to prosecution if it is done so in accordance to the NFA regulations.

Lawyerspeak aside, that translates into Texas allowing all NFA items, including machine guns, to be possessed so long as you have your paperwork. Technically they could arrest you, but I don't think any cop or DA would even want to waste their time on that whole process since it's a guaranteed no-bill.

All felonies in the state of Texas go to the grand jury, where they determine if the crime is suitable for a criminal trial via suitable evidence, but I'm pretty sure that it wouldn't even make it that far before the District Attorney's office would drop everything.

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    .45 ACP does not pierce body armor. Not even close. It's got alot of inertia so I'd imagine it hurts like a mfer when the vest catches one though.

Might not go through but I think it would absolutely hurt. Look at these idiots with a 9mm and a vest.

Harley Rider 55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I don't think you can carry a shotgun or AOW concealed. Only a pistol or revolver.

That's why he states without the Glock......one could walk down the street wearing the shotgun on the outside.

......you can bet your bottom dollar you would get stopped & questioned though, lol.....

Seems he carried concealed without the Glock.

Yea, thats what disappoints me. You have to have a CHL to conceal carry a handgun. But for rifles, you dont and if you do carry a rifle your going to catch mortal hell over it.
    I wouldnt care either way what a person carries, as long as they aint acting crazy or pointing it at me. If a person carries without a lisence I wouldnt care about that either, I support their right to defend themselfs. People who have CHL's dont bother me and neither do people without them.

You can also walk down the street with it concealed. Tex. P. Code Sec. 46.02 does not apply to shotguns, so feel free to conceal your shotgun as long as you don't go to any of the places listed in 46.03. And don't trespass, which would include places with gunbusters signs. In fact, you'd better conceal it, lest you get charged with disorderly conduct. The law is a bit quirky, but you can actually carry a long gun more places than you can carry a handgun with a CHL.

That might be true, but he states in the post with the pic (word for word)......and this is what I am agreeing with just NOT concealed.

"Get yourself an AOW shotgun with a $5 tax stamp and you can carry this (without the Glock)"

I carried it concealed. No permit required and it keeps folks from calling the cops about a man with a gun. Even with a tax stamp, you CAN get arrested for possessing an AOW. Keep the damn thing concealed and you will have less chance of causing a scene.

1911-A1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Lewisville
    Hiya,

I have *heard* that it is legal to carry a gun from the place of purchase, to your home with no need for a CHL? Is that true? Is it also true that you can carry a gun to/from a gun range without a license? Logic tells me it outta be legal, because how else can I familiarize myself with a gun if I can't buy one, get it home, and then back and forth to the gun range, prior to pursuing my CHL!?

Thoughts, Answers?

Thanks,
    Tracy​

Title 10, Chapter 46, Section 46.15 NonApplicability (b) Section 46.02 does not apply to a person who (2) is traveling;

Logic dictates: If you are traveling (via foot, bicycle, motorbike, vehicle, gocart, etc [the def. is EXTREMLY debatable]) then you don't have to worry about
    getting hit with Sec. 46.02. UNLAWFUL CARRYING WEAPONS.

Key phrase - Logic dictates
    I'm not a lawyer, but leave it in the case it came in(if any) and inside the store merchandise bag they give you(if any), be sure to keep the reciept on you
    and book ass home.... I really don't think police would screw with you .... if they can't see it and you are being lawful in your route home(Sec. 46.03)
    then nothing to worry about.

majormadmax gave you sound advice....all the better too I think if you also buy a trigger/breach lock and install it before you leave so you can claim
    lawful securement while transporting.

1911-A1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Lewisville
    Might not go through but I think it would absolutely hurt. Look at these idiots with a 9mm and a vest.

Friggin awesome. They should have a sequel..."bullet-proof" jock strap
    We could foresee a ricochet that would: (A) Blast his femoral artery; and/or (B) Blast his femor; and/or (C) Take his...manhood; and/or (D) Blast his lower abdomen somewhere. "Oh my GOD! Why does it bleed when pee??!!"

Angered_Kabar

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Kansas City :(
    This is exactly what I was looking for when I woke up this morning.

Sucks that the updated law about traveling is as specifically worded as it is. I was going to walk over to an FFL I had a pistol shipped to, then throw the pistol in a backpack and walk home. But I guess I could still catch flak from that. Guess I'm going to have to wait for my car to get fixed.

Unless........ I get that trashy 1911 carbine kit then it's not a pistol at that point... Oh joy now I get to study the NFA again.

Stupid laws. What do we need them for anyways.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas

Sucks that the updated law about traveling is as specifically worded as it is. I was going to walk over to an FFL I had a pistol shipped to, then throw the pistol in a backpack and walk home. But I guess I could still catch flak from that. Guess I'm going to have to wait for my car to get fixed.

Unless........ I get that trashy 1911 carbine kit then it's not a pistol at that point... Oh joy now I get to study the NFA again.

Yea I put some thought to that before. I have not found much at all in the Law that protects you from UCW during purchase.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin

KELLUM v. STATE.
    John W. Pressler v. The State.

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    Carrying without a CHL?:
    monopoly-go-to-jail-card.jpg

Top Bottom