• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    You lack imagination. The system also lacks imagination.

Also, if the system is sooo freakin' great, how are we in the mess we are in these days?

Mainstream media and politicians with agendas. As well as a culture that treats criminals as victims.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    054559f1ebfb1e60c0938e04195e60da.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's a different moment than the one I posted, and yes, they can use semantics to distort when they are talking about on the timeline. Go back go my video to 0:53 and look at it carefully. The dude's knee WAS on his neck and your defense of the officer is sickening.
    I'm done arguing with you because I believe you're a fool.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I'm not understanding the convictions. How can you convict someone of 2nd degree murder, 3rd degree murder, and 2nd degree manslaughter for the same crime? I mean, c'mon man, pick one. Seriously, if it was 2nd degree manslaughter, how can it be 2nd degree murder?
    Fear of the FSA that were given their marching orders from Auntie Maxine and Uncle Potato prior to jury deliberations.
    The jurors were either on the same mental level as the potato in chief, or they were too terrified of the mob to render any other verdict(s) so they convicted for everything thrown out there.

Last edited:

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    After the trial how many more people are going to resist? We all have seen how people tell the police "I didn't do anything" and then think they don't have to listen or comply. I don't feel sorry for someone like him that resist and in the past held a gun to a pregnant woman stomach. Karma is a bitch, it was payback time.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    After the trial how many more people are going to resist? We all have seen how people tell the police "I didn't do anything" and then think they don't have to listen or comply. I don't feel sorry for someone like him that resist and in the past held a gun to a pregnant woman stomach. Karma is a bitch, it was payback time.
    So if you've done something in the past, it's ok to kill you now for something that isn't a capital crime? Awesome.

This thread is my new exhibit A why the gun community has credibility and PR issues.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    So if you've done something in the past, it's ok to kill you now for something that isn't a capital crime? Awesome.

This thread is my new exhibit A why the gun community has credibility and PR issues.
    No I'm saying I don't care about a piece of shit like him.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    No I'm saying I don't care about a piece of shit like him.
    And my neighbors here in Oak Cliff would read this and determine that you have a lack of empathy and can't imagine what kind of circumstances in his life may have gotten him to that point, and in my opinion, they would be correct. Also, piece of ___ or whatever still doesn't make manslaughter acceptable.

ETA, other people from the outside DO read this forum, and this kind of absolute idiocy makes the entire gun community look bad because of how optics work. I shouldn't be lumped together with you (obviously, because I'm arguing with you) but that's not how the PR game works and some of y'all are pretty thick.

dooladawg

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2021
    The sticks
    You are an optimist Rhino with a good heart.. I agree, there has to be a better way.. although our system has DEEP roots and is entrenched. Curious if you personally know any one in law enforcement.. I am close with a long list of police officers, including a couple of homicide detectives. Not even one of them likes having to deal with crime ridden parts of town. The lack of respect and disregard for authority by ANYONE just pisses them off. Policing is a STRESSFUL job. It takes it's toll on some more than others. George Floyd was known to be a criminal element for a long time, and it seems that Chauvin had enough of him. He screwed up.. no doubt.. he lost his better judgement and took matters into his own hands.. Floyd should been stood up and in a squad car in the first 2 or 3 minutes. We know the system is flawed.. Floyd should have been locked up for previous criminal wrong-doings and off the streets. My LE friends have told many times over that all they expect is that the public be as professional to them, as they are to the public. In a perfect world it would be just like that. Now that war has been basically declared on them, their job is exponentially more difficult. These folks are some of the best we got.. just as our military is. There is always a "bad apple" in every bunch.. with the state of affairs we have now, those who crumble under the weight of this un-reasonable stress, will make mistakes.. they are only human.. nothing more.

Last edited:

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    And that's the problem... people taking one comment by one individual and applying it to an entire community. Thanx for helping out.... NOT!!!
    Uh, those saying that they don't care about a piece of Sh*t are the problem, not those arguing for reasonable response. As I said above, those who do so demonstrate a lack of situational awareness about the internet and how PR works.

Edited to clarify intent.

Last edited:

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    You are an optimist Rhino with a good heart.. I agree, there has to be a better way.. although our system has DEEP roots and is entrenched. Curious if you personally know any one in law enforcement.. I am close with a long list of police officers, including a couple of homicide detectives. Not even one of them likes having to deal with crime ridden parts of town. The lack of respect and disregard for authority by ANYONE just pisses them off. Policing is a STRESSFUL job. It takes it's toll on some more than others. George Floyd was known to be a criminal element for a long time, and it seems that Chauvin had enough of him. He screwed up.. no doubt.. he lost his better judgement and took matters into his own hands.. Floyd should been stood up and in a squad car in the first 2 or 3 minutes. We know the system is flawed.. Floyd should have been locked up for previous criminal wrong-doings and off the streets. My LE friends have told many times over that all they expect is that the public be as professional to them, as they are to the public. In a perfect world it would be just like that. Now that war has been basically declared on them, their job is exponentially difficult.
    For about a year I had a former Marine and DPD officer who had changed career paths working for me. He gave me a LOT of insight, and I DO respect officers. He was Hispanic, served in the south part of Dallas, and clued me in on a lot of things. He might agree or disagree with my conclusions, but I doubt he'd think my argument was irrational. I don't think all the officers are bad, I think some of the laws they are asked to enforce are absolutely wicked, and there are enough bad officers and enough pressure to protect themselves that even the good cops get put in bad situations by the system.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    Uh, those saying that they don't care about a piece of Sh*t are the problem,

Then kindly keep your comments to those that are saying things like that and stop painting the entire community with it. You are not being just or fair, as you demand of others. Hypocrisy abounds.

As I said above, you demonstrate a lack of situational awareness about the internet and how PR works.

Me? I have not posted any other comments to you. How can you make such a pronouncement/judgement on me when I never addressed you? Have you completely lost your mind?????

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    Then kindly keep your comments to those that are saying things like that and stop painting the entire community with it. You are not being just or fair, as you demand of others. Hypocrisy abounds.
    This goes to the whole "good cops" argument. If it's just OK to go around calling your other humans a piece of refuse and no-one disagrees, then it looks like there's general agreement.
    Me? I have not posted any other comments to you. How can you make such a pronouncement/judgement on me when I never addressed you? Have you completely lost your mind?????
    I meant a collective "you" and I'm sorry for the mis-use of the word and apologize.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    I'm sure it's already becoming more common. I saw a new video last week of a guy who was ordered to stop by a cop because he had a hidden handgun (I don't know if that is legitimate pretext, since there is probably more context) and he kept walking/jogging away, saying he didn't do anything. Within a minute or two, I guess he decided he better do something more effective so he tried to turn, draw, and fire, and the cop beat him to the trigger.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    This goes to the whole "good cops" argument. If it's just OK to go around calling your other humans a piece of refuse and no-one disagrees, then it looks like there's general agreement.

Well, that's sort of the anti-racist argument isn't it... if you're not against it then you're for it?

It would also seem to me that there are PLENTY of people that posted in this thread in support of Mr. Floyd and against what happened to him.

Additionally, if the internet and PR work to take the comments of a few and apply them to an entire community, then the general public sucks. I don't have to go along with that. I believe INDIVIDUALS are responsible for what they say as well as for their actions. Society's departure from this belief is part of the answer to how we got to where we are.

Top Bottom