Check status of buyer's LTC?

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2009
New Braunfels, TX
And don't forget the fee the FFL is going to charge you to do the paperwork......that's free when you buy one from a LGS. And is the seller going to provide you proof that he legally bought the gun, and that it hasn't been used in a crime already? Maybe the local PD is looking for that gun because it was used in a crime.....

Coop's Dad

Oct 31, 2018
Lorena
And don't forget the fee the FFL is going to charge you to do the paperwork......that's free when you buy one from a LGS. And is the seller going to provide you proof that he legally bought the gun, and that it hasn't been used in a crime already? Maybe the local PD is looking for that gun because it was used in a crime.....
I run every firearm I buy from individuals on this website; it's not gospel but it's caused a sketchy seller to withdraw the sale on more than one occasion:
https://www.hotgunz.com/

Whistler

Well-Known
TGT Supporter
Jan 28, 2014
Northeast Texas
No savings is worth compromising your principles to comply with someone who would ask you to. When I see BOS and other made up crap I move on and hope they never sell it, ever. I also make note, should I ever have an item to sell they are on my personal "prohibited person" list. Yeah I can be an ass.

Edit for clarity: their gun their rules of course however actions may have consequences or like my Walmart boycott, no one notices.

Last edited:

rotor

Nov 1, 2015
Wichita Falls
If there is a really rare piece up for sale that I have been looking to forever I might do the FFL thing, etc. But not for a Ruger LCP II. I personally do a BOS on anything I buy ( I really never sell ) but it is not required by law in Texas. It's just my choice to do. If seller says no than we don't waste time. Personally, I have never had a seller refuse to do a BOS and I have never understood the reluctance of some to use a BOS. Most of the pre paid legal plans suggest you use one if you ever need to prove that the person was legally able to buy/sell a gun in Texas. That of course is a whole other argument. Now if the person was selling a nice Colt Python at a reasonable price I might go the FFL route.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
May 28, 2008
Mustang Ridge
If there is a really rare piece up for sale that I have been looking to forever I might do the FFL thing, etc. But not for a Ruger LCP II. I personally do a BOS on anything I buy ( I really never sell ) but it is not required by law in Texas. It's just my choice to do. If seller says no than we don't waste time. Personally, I have never had a seller refuse to do a BOS and I have never understood the reluctance of some to use a BOS. Most of the pre paid legal plans suggest you use one if you ever need to prove that the person was legally able to buy/sell a gun in Texas. That of course is a whole other argument. Now if the person was selling a nice Colt Python at a reasonable price I might go the FFL route.
God please not this shit again.

Top Bottom