• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    her awards included the Bronze Star Medal, an Army Commendation Medal, a Combat Action Badge, an Airborne Badge and an Air Assault Badge.
    We have many women serving, and I have respect for them all. I think that unless I served, I should either put on a uniform and head on over, or just be thankful for people like her.

The questions about the posing of the picture and questioning of what she actually wears is offensive.

The young lady has my respect, thanks and gratitude.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I have no doubt that she kits up like that. If nothing else you at least want to look a little bit like the group you travel with from a distance.

There's a reason they don't salute in country...

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    It's the pretty girl syndrome, like when kids are kidnapped and in the news, the pretty, attractive ones get the attention. It'd be a non-story if she wasn't pretty cheerleader. In fact I'd suspect it why this was even posted.

Good for her for serving. But a kick in the crotch for all the average soldiers who been doing this stuff for years.

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    The questions about the posing of the picture and questioning of what she actually wears is offensive.

Why is that offensive? My question was, in her normal duties, is that what she does or is this some BS to make somebody who isn't a warrior look like a warrior.

I served for 8 1/2 years in the Navy. I was not a Navy Seal, nor did I dress the part. If for some reason, they did a PR piece on me and dressed me up as a Navy seal carrying a combat rifle, it would be a crock of shit. I'm simply trying to ascertain whether this was a crock of shit PR piece or the real deal.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    It's the pretty girl syndrome, like when kids are kidnapped and in the news, the pretty, attractive ones get the attention. It'd be a non-story if she wasn't pretty cheerleader. In fact I'd suspect it why this was even posted.

Good for her for serving. But a kick in the crotch for all the average soldiers who been doing this stuff for years.

Agreed.

So_Tx_Rich

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2013
    Corpus Christi, TX
    - Does a military intelligence officer walk around decked out like a warrior carrying the rifle
    Yes.

MI isn't exactly an Operator, but good on her for serving. Being attached to a Team isn't exactly the easy route, either. She gets points for that in my book.

Last edited:

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Why is that offensive? My question was, in her normal duties, is that what she does or is this some BS to make somebody who isn't a warrior look like a warrior.

I served for 8 1/2 years in the Navy. I was not a Navy Seal, nor did I dress the part. If for some reason, they did a PR piece on me and dressed me up as a Navy seal carrying a combat rifle, it would be a crock of shit. I'm simply trying to ascertain whether this was a crock of shit PR piece or the real deal.

That's her normal gear. All personnel are issued and/or carry weapons, rifle and sidearm, Fobbits to Operators (I'll ask DH about the extent of her gear when he gets home). She has to be able to take care of herself the same as the guys that are regularly out on patrols when she leaves a base, a safe ride along is not a guarantee.

Don't get me wrong, I think what she does is a hella cool job. Being deployed out there isn't a cake walk. But as I said up there, non-story if not for her background.

Last edited:

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Her gear's fairly minimal which speaks to her job as a talker and not a shooter. But I can't imagine asking a female to go into a place like that unarmed... You're talking about a place where women aren't always (usually?) seen as people.

I'd almost bet the team she's attached to has laid down that if/when stuff happens, she gets to the back, keeps her head down and lets them take care of it.

One guy told me that for aircrew rescues, they were fully prepared to bind, gag and blindfold the pilot in question to keep him from trying to play warrior. Might not want to tell your husband about that, Shorts. :p

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Her gear's fairly minimal which speaks to her job as a talker and not a shooter. But I can't imagine asking a female to go into a place like that unarmed... You're talking about a place where women aren't always (usually?) seen as people.

I'd almost bet the team she's attached to has laid down that if/when stuff happens, she gets to the back, keeps her head down and lets them take care of it.

One guy told me that for aircrew rescues, they were fully prepared to bind, gag and blindfold the pilot in question to keep him from trying to play warrior. Might not want to tell your husband about that, Shorts. :p

Lol There's a reason for stories and stereotypes :laughing:

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    Yes.

MI isn't exactly an Operator, but good on her for serving. Being attached to a Team isn't exactly the easy route, either. She gets points for that in my book.

Thanks! Then I really dig it....up to the point of I'm going to stay in to work on gender equality.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Lol There's a reason for stories and stereotypes :laughing:

LOL. In all honesty, he told me that it was for the safety of everyone involved. Everybody involved is a professional in their own area. Just that one party isn't at the right altitude to be effective.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    LOL. In all honesty, he told me that it was for the safety of everyone involved. Everybody involved is a professional in their own area. Just that one party isn't at the right altitude to be effective.

That's spot on professional and what DH would agree with.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    why ask? Do you ask when you see other photos of service personnel?

I served for 8 1/2 years in the Navy. I was not a Navy Seal, nor did I dress the part. If for some reason, they did a PR piece on me and dressed me up as a Navy seal carrying a https://txapps.texas.gov/txapp/txdps/chl/combat rifle, it would be a crock of shit. I'm simply trying to ascertain whether this was a crock of shit PR piece or the real deal.

Is she dressed like a SEAL? Wearing a trident? Is that not a standard combat dressout? I am asking for real, as I dont know.

However, if you notice I did write "unless I served"..... and since you did you have walked the talk. I think YOU and others who served are the only people in a position to judge. Not the rest of us.

southtexaspilot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    This is just silly. Who cares what she is wearing, carrying or saying. She deployed and that gets my respect. In my 6 years I saw a lot of pregnancies, instant potheads or closet pillow biters magically appear just to get out of a deployment. This soldier (not woman) did her job when it was her turn. Now un-pause your xbox's and get back to playing COD.

W

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    This is just silly. Who cares what she is wearing, carrying or saying. She deployed and that gets my respect. In my 6 years I saw a lot of pregnancies, instant potheads or closet pillow biters magically appear just to get out of a deployment. This soldier (not woman) did her job when it was her turn. Now un-pause your xbox's and get back to playing COD.

W

It's a PLAYSTATION, get it right!

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Im against women serving in MOST military roles. She is however gorgeous and looks wonderful in that uniform and sparse background.

At the risk of raising the ire of "Those Who Take Umbrage Easily", here's my reply to your comment: Too bad her uniform isn't as sparse as the background.

Top Bottom