crackerjack.jpg

WooHoo! I got a CHL badge!

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I just want everyone here to know that the other day I was walking into a corndog restaurant yesterday when I spotted three men dressed in black robes and hoods holding up the place with foam nunchucks and dirty sex toys. I immediatly produced my pistol and CHL badge while shouting, "CHL badge holder! Stop in the name of justice!" Two of the larcenous perverts immediately dropped to the ground and surrendered, fearing they would incur the wrath of my tin badge.

But the boss pervert made a deperate dash for freedom toward the shoelace factory next door. If I let him get inside that building I'd likely never capture him alive. Hundreds of hard-working Americans would be endangered. I did the only reasonable thing and started madly firing random shots in his direction. On the third magazine one of the shots struck his calf and forced him to the ground. I ran up to him and in the name of justice announced to him, "In the name of justice, take this!" I then stuck my pistol into his mouth and squeezed the trigger. Brains flew out and a little smoke escaped from the giant crack on top his head, which made me laugh. His head looked like the liberty bell made out of hamburger with a bad habit!

At this moment I looked up to discover a police officer was timidly hiding behind a small shrub, watching the whole time. "It's okay. In the name of justice you can come out. I'm a CHL badge holder, after all." I flashed him my badge and immediately saw a look of great relief on his face. He said, "It's a good thing you were here to save the day. I... I was just too scared to do anything." As he wiped the tears from his eyes, I told him it was okay. That's what CHL badge holders are for.

His radio then annonuced multiple shoelace factory employees had called in to say they had been accidentally shot and killed, and to please send ambulances to pick up their dead bodies. Then they finally died a second time, for real this time. "You know, you technically murdered someone and manslaughtered many more. I could charge you for this," he said. "In the name of justice, I did what had to be done." He looked around, as if he was trying to think of something quickly. "I'll just say he did all of this by himself. It's a good thing you were here, or things could have been much worse. In the name of justice, I thank you. But now I need to go destroy some evidence. Just don't tell anybody I did this for you." And I never did.

A little boy in the restaurant told me he wanted to be like me when he grew up. I told him, "Good. Otherwise I'd hate to have to kill you." A supermodel ran up and thanked me and we boned right there in the parking lot.

And that's just one example of a CHL badge holder saving the day that you probably didn't hear about. My other friends with CHL badges have things like this happen to them NEARLY EVERY SINGLE DAY. So go ahead and knock us CHL badge holders. It won't be so funny when it's YOUR life we save one day.

ohhrico1969

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    Tomball
    My initial thought was "wannbe" but consider this for a second. Say you had to use your firearm. Say it was an active shooter scenario. Say it was just a guy who you were defending your life from in a public situation. After he is on the deck, what about the people who are there or didnt see everything? What if the cops are responding and or some other trigger happy individual arrives on scene and sees you standing over the dead body or searching the area for other potential threats. Who is to say you wouldnt get shot. These scenarios make me think pulling out the badge and staing loudly "It's Ok I am legally authroized to have a weapon will someon please call 911!" would perhaps give you those additional seconds that may save your life. I am not saying pretend your a cop, but a badge makes people second guess and hesiatte before over reacting. I am blk and cuban and as a minority, I would not want to be percieved as an "angry black man with a gun who killed someone" in the heat of that scenario. The potential for disatseris there. We all talk about what we would do in a "gunfight" scenario and to be honest we dont put a lot of thought in the aftermath and the immediate aftermath.

Makes me wonder if it isn't something to consider having should I have to use my weapon. Thoughts?

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    If there is another trigger happy guy on scene, you may not have the opportunity to pull the badge. But, after is shooting, you could already be yelling for 911 as you progressively scanned the scene. It could easily go one way or the other. I personally don't like the badge. Isn't that really what the purpose of the CHL card is for? People may SRT the badge and think, oh a cop....sure, could possible help settle a scene....I'm still not a fan

BrenGunner

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Kyle
    We all know guys like that who are ate up with being "important". I know guys who are volunteer fireman (and have more lights on their personal car than are on a $200,000 firetruck), and when they are not doing that they are volunteer EMTs, and if there is no call for that they are applying to be a dispatcher at a PD or Sheriff's office. Usually once they have some type of "credentials" they are in some local restaurant on their day off (wearing their gear) trying to get the "police discount". Their career can usually be measured in weeks.

I know quite a few of these, However a well lit vehicle does not automatically qualify you. Some of us have other hobbies we enjoy such as emergency vehicle lighting.
    :)

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    In most cases, folks scatter when guns come out, so it's doubtful that many will be in the area. Beyond that, scan, check then holster your weapon, or back into a corner/wall while waiting for PD. If you're not comfortable holstering the gun, then get your back against a wall (or a corner) and hold "low-ready" until PD arrives, then follow their instructions to the letter, staying calm as possible and being very vocal about being licensed - although, as a practical matter, most cops are gonna first clear the scene, detain all involved and THEN sort shit out. Just keep calm - and call your attorney while you wait.

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    To my mind, having a badge without being a cop is just asking for trouble.

If you're in a situation where you have to use your weapon, after it's done - it seems to me that simply instructing anyone nearby to call 911 and asking if everyone's okay would let everyone still in the area know that you're not the bad guy.

BTW, London... that was freakin' BRILLIANT! I owe you a six pack, sir. :patriot:

Top Bottom