• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    Everybody is a $#@!ing Monday Morning Quarterback.

The questions people are asking are valid and I don't see them as being disrespectful to either Kyle or Littlefield. Don't know anything about Littlefield, but I'm pretty sure Kyle didn't get where he was by being thin skinned. If I had to guess he'd asking the very same questions himself.

IMO it's fair to ask why we are demanded to be faithful and trusting of a broken legal system that habitually endangers people via a revolving door policy.

It's also fair to wonder why 2 trained men ignored their own alarm bells about this guy. And also how he was able to get the drop on them.
    Venture Surplus ad

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I think it is something we can all learn from, a reminder to trust our gut.

I can't begin to speculate exactly what happened on the range, aside from saying it was a tragedy. Going through the "what if" scenario may be MMQBing, but it's also how we learn and run scenarios in our own mind. Some may do it out of bravado, but I think most of us on this site just want to understand.

It's no different than when TXI posted his scenario about being in the mall, only this time we know the ending.

The ending sucks.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    The ONE question that has never been answered: Who put Routh in contact with Kyle, and why did Kyle take him under his wing?

The story is about Kyle wanting to help soldiers with PTSD.

There is no mention of any agency that initiated the contact with someone Kyle did not personally know.

In other words, what were the roots of this horrific tragedy?

Kyle did set up a non-profit to provide exercise equipment for disabled troops. There is no reporting whether his non-profit or for-profit training company ever made an effort to take veterans to a range for healing purposes.

Too many unanswered questions.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    From that link -

Former Erath County Sheriff’s Deputy Gene Cole said Friday that Routh shared a reason for the deaths in his jail cell four months later:

“I shot them because they wouldn’t talk to me,” Cole recalled Routh saying. “I was just riding in the back seat of the truck, and nobody would talk to me. They were just taking me to the range, so I shot them. I feel bad about it, but they wouldn’t talk to me. I’m sure they’ve forgiven me.”

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I still think Routh has a soft side for Muslims and it could have played a part.
    The mugshot shows he had a scruffy beard but a trimmed mustache. There have been reports made about this being significant.
    sniper6n-1-web.jpg

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Yeah, what other evidence do you need, lol.

I trim my mustache, otherwise I end up chewing on it while I'm trying to eat.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I'll take it that you haven't read any of the reports on this
    Before you laugh it off you should check into it

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I have. I believe he was a twisted little ****. I've not seen enough to lead me to believe that any muslim related issues were significant as they apply to his actions that day.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Looks like he had a hell of a time trying to grow the scruff he had, and wouldn't be surprised if that were all the mustache he could muster.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Read enough that he seems to be more of a sadistic punk that would ambush someone or torture animals to prove how tough he is and get his own way. He may have muslim sympathies, but he is still just a cowardly lityle punk trying to get what he sees as due him.

From an idjit coffeeholic

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Satisfied with the verdict......

Life without parole? Not so sure how I feel about that, yet.....

Will sleep on it....

Top Bottom