• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    The way you initially stated "their policy" implies an authoritative, 'it shall be done' position. If that were the case, it would be a written policy and you know that. I suppose it's possible I'm the only one that took it so literal as well.

You may question it and that's fine but you need to accept that other people have knowledge of the TDCJ system too, no matter how they acquired it.

Hot Damn! Here we go! :banana:
    Venture Surplus ad

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    My boss brags about all his years in the private prison system. He likes telling us about a prisoner who was making a run for it and he didn't want to shoot the prisoner so he wouldn't have paperwork done. So instead he runs the guy over with his horse....and kills him anyways.

I guess sometimes you just have to do paperwork.
    You just wrote a country song.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Every day when I got "home" from the prison unit, I made careful notes about what I saw inside. My initial objective was to write a book about how it REALLY is, inside of TDCJ. There are detailed written policies then there are unwritten policies and plans. Some of those unwritten policies are unit specific and if the Warden of a unit says it will be so........God has spoken!

For instance, at our unit, Picket #4 is where the F ups' are assigned. If you mess up or piss off the Warden, you work Picket #4 until someone else displaces you. Picket 4 is in the eastern part of the property where the poor SOB assigned there has absolutely no contact. If the CO assigned there brings a book or a radio inside the gate, his ass is toast. So they stay....hour after hour. There's no written policy about Picket #4 but it's set in stone and everyone knows it.

I stopped working on my book because TDCJ can and will change history to cover its tracks. By the time an expose' hits the bookshelves, the story will be covered up totally! TDCJ can make the sun rise in the west and set in the east.

Flash

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    will Routh be an inmate or a convict inside?
    I've heard friends talk about the differences between the two.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Inmate/Convict.

In the ID units, you seldom hear either term. Once in a while, someone may ask to see Inmate #............. I never heard the term "convict" used unless a CO was chewing ass on an Offender.

The correct word is "Offender". They are always referred to by their last name..............never the first name.

Employees are MR........... or Officer...........,
    Female employees are Miss.......... or Officer...............

Corrections Officers hate being referred to as "Guards". To stay on their right side....It's Officer...........

Rank is usually addressed as SGT........ or LT.............. In Bonnie's female unit, they referred to the LT as "Lew". I never heard that in the male unit.

Captains and Major are always referred to by their rank.

The Warden is ALWAYS referred to as Warden............ Our Offender Barber was fired on the spot and put on a hoe squad because he wasn't quick enough with YES, SIR! to the Warden. He went from a cushy air conditioned job to a hoe squad in the blink of an eye!

Flash

Last edited:

Phoneguy

Proud American and Infidel since 1968
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2013
    North Ft Worth
    "While the information is believed to be accurate, the State of Texas, the Texas Department of Criminal Justice, its Board or employees, make no warranties, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy, timeliness or the completeness of any information obtained through the use of this service. This website is updated on working days only and the information is at least 24 hours old."

Here's the Erath jail log from the 26th (2 days after the conviction) that shows him there. It's listed alphabetical.
    20313 - ROUTH,EDDIE RAY - WM093087 - 0 - WT#F20821-2 - CAPITAL MURDER - FX - LIFE

He's also there today as per today's jail log.

And then there's always any of the recent 7 days of logs that you can look at, which is where I got the other two links.
    If you want to save those specific days log, you'll need to save the pdf file as those files are replaced when the next day (Mon, Tues, etc) comes around.

Last edited:

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Good work, thanks. I wonder why the transfer is taking so long.

I only looked at the last link.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    He's on Friday's 0700 Erath County count but not today's and not found in a TDCJ search.

Hmm ...

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Abilene, Middleton unit.
    Awaiting transfer to unknown permanent facility.
    Per local news yesterday.

Phoneguy

Proud American and Infidel since 1968
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2013
    North Ft Worth
    "Let me tell you something, my friend. Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane. It's got no use on the inside. You'd better get used to that idea." - Red from The Shawshank Redemption

Top Bottom