• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Welcome to the forum and your first post, mareday! (Maybe stop by the “Introduction” thread and introduce yourself too). It’s not CPM; it’s CMP and no specifically required CMP training is required to qualify to purchase a 1911 - you got some bad information there. Also, NRA has absolutely nothing to do with the CMP - not sure why you would think they have a role to play in this sale offering from the CMP?
    Capitol Armory ad

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

Personally I'd like a US&S 1911A1, IF any are sold at less than a scalper's price.

yours, satx

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    I was told by the CPM that first you had to be a member and pass the CPM training to qualify to purchase the 1911

I Sent inquiry to NRA asking why they were not looking after their members in purchasing these guns.
    Never received a response, why are they doing nothing in this situation. Maybe we belong to the wrong
    Organization
    Don't be an idiot. The law is the law, and the CMP (and its forerunner, the DCM) had the mission of encouraging civilian marksmanship. The CMP requires some proof of organized marksmanship activity in order to be able to make purchases through them. The rules didn't just come out of thin air and the NRA had nothing to do with them. https://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/rifle_sales/eligibility-requirements/

The entire program exists for a reason and that reason is NOT merely to get these firearms into civilian hands. It's meant for them to get into the hands of civilians who engage in requisite qualifying activities.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Don't be an idiot. The law is the law, and the CMP (and its forerunner, the DCM) had the mission of encouraging civilian marksmanship. The CMP requires some proof of organized marksmanship activity in order to be able to make purchases through them. The rules didn't just come out of thin air and the NRA had nothing to do with them. https://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/rifle_sales/eligibility-requirements/

The entire program exists for a reason and that reason is NOT merely to get these firearms into civilian hands. It's meant for them to get into the hands of civilians who engage in requisite qualifying activities.
    Actually I read this earlier and if I'm reading it right as a member of TSRA and having appropriate ID and an LTC is all the qualification I need.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.

I wonder why an LTC is not sufficient.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Actually I read this earlier and if I'm reading it right as a member of TSRA and having appropriate ID and an LTC is all the qualification I need.
    ER--an LTC proves you've had the needed marksmanship activity . . . as does being a veteran, a former/current LEO, etc. It used to be that you'd have to compete in matches and such but that was loosened years ago. The link I posted sets forth what the qualifying "activities" are as of now--in addition to being a member of an affiliated organization (such as TSRA). :cheers:

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    easy rider, as I recall (it’s been several years for me), you’re dead on the money! If you have a serious intent to try and get one of these things, I’d advise submitting your paperwork sooner rather than later as it’s not a quick process for them to handle. (Plus I’m guessing their membership applications are probably already on the upswing since these are the first pistols they’ve been able to sell in many years).

Like many of you, I’m just waiting to see what the various grades are priced at. The government roll mark has some (limited) value to me but not all together that much especially when balanced against a top of the line current civilian manufacturer. Personally, I’m guessing “scalper’s pricing” is the more likely outcome of this endeavor - but even then, I suspect the CMP won’t have any problem in selling out in a heartbeat!

Last edited:

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Yep, I renewed my TSRA membership last week.

That’s good; they’ll check.

On a different forum, I read where some guy (a Texan, using TSRA) had missed out on something - don’t recall now if it was an ammo sale or may have been their first offering of .45-cal 1911 government magazines - in any case, he was moaning about his TSRA membership having expired and the CMP had caught it & turned down his order.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Ok, I thought I read that right. I am up to date on my membership, so that shouldn't be a problem. I am interested and would certainly like to purchase one, but I'm not so interested that I would feel the need to have a jar of vasaline sitting next to me.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Ok, I thought I read that right. I am up to date on my membership, so that shouldn't be a problem. I am interested and would certainly like to purchase one, but I'm not so interested that I would feel the need to have a jar of vasaline sitting next to me.
    I thought you switched to KY?

In any event, I'll happily purchase a US 1911A1. They are another huge piece of the Arsenal of Democracy, and I want one. You will too. Deal with it.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    TSRA Life memberships weren't expensive a few years ago...I bought one for my Son and I and I think it was $250.00 each....now at $500......$300 for Seniors....

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Good point V-Tach. My TSRA membership runs out next year and I had pretty much already decided to do a Lifetime membership with them, at that time. I think they do a fairly good job with the Texas legislature - maybe not as good a job as Miss Alice thinks she does... but still pretty decent overall.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Good point V-Tach. My TSRA membership runs out next year and I had pretty much already decided to do a Lifetime membership with them, at that time. I think they do a fairly good job with the Texas legislature - maybe not as good a job as Miss Alice thinks she does... but still pretty decent overall.
    Herding cats is tough work.

Top Bottom