• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Just when you thought the thread was dead lol.....

All you bitchers and whiners...You could have purchased a Colt. Now you sit here and whine because you cant buy one. Too fricken Bad! You should have supported Colt....(Like I did by the way) when you could have. Now sit and have fun with your cheap ass repro AR15's. Done.... LOL

Yep.

When you get back please try to abide by our code of conduct, the first section in particular.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lynx Defense

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    giphy.gif

Attachments

• giphy.gif
      giphy.gif
      514.7 KB · Views: 380

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast

All you bitchers and whiners...You could have purchased a Colt. Now you sit here and whine because you cant buy one. Too fricken Bad! You should have supported Colt....(Like I did by the way) when you could have. Now sit and have fun with your cheap ass repro AR15's. Done.... LOL

Aren’t Colts technically repros since they bought the design/patent from Armalite?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas

I like my Gucci Guns
    That’s a corner of the market that Colt rifles don’t play in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Colt socom barrels are fantastically accurate, but otherwise, colt is simply a benchmark. Many fall short, many surpass it.

Psa ia great, but you better be prepared to fix their mistakes. I've lost track of how many of their BCG's I've had to fix, often i just have to stake the gas key screws, but still

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Colt socom barrels are fantastically accurate, but otherwise, colt is simply a benchmark. Many fall short, many surpass it.

Psa ia great, but you better be prepared to fix their mistakes. I've lost track of how many of their BCG's I've had to fix, often i just have to stake the gas key screws, but still
    Have to or want to? They aren't staked at all or just not quite to your liking?

How many have you seen come loose?

I just ask because we had the discussion a while back.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Have to or want to? They aren't staked at all or just not quite to your liking?

How many have you seen come loose?

I just ask because we had the discussion a while back.

Not staked at all. I've seen 2 come loose, and so when i see one that is unstaked, i check the tourqe on the bolts, and stake them. I've probably done 10 or so. Quite a few were staked, that i recall. I'm not one to freak out over staking thats a bit light

Last edited:

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Not staked at all. I've seen 2 come loose, and so when i see one that is unstaked, i check the tourqe on the bolts, and stake them. I've probably done 10 or so. Quite a few were staked, that i recall. I'm not one to freak out over staking thats a bit light
    Interesting. Thank you for the response.

I guess I should take a look at mine.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Has anyone posted Colt's press release yet? I didn't see it in the thread.

https://www.colt.com/news/2630

The fact of the matter is that over the last few years, the market for modern sporting rifles has experienced significant excess manufacturing capacity. Given this level of manufacturing capacity, we believe there is adequate supply for modern sporting rifles for the foreseeable future.

I guess they say that they're all about selling to the civilian market, imply that they're temporarily dedicating all long gun capacity to military and LEO contracts, and express commitment to selling 1911s and revolvers. I think they expect the reader to believe that they will return to manufacturing civilian market long guns when the contracts/conditions change, but they carefully avoid stating that.

Also did someone say M1A? Best gun ever and I will outshoot anything you have! I can put holes in the same penny at 1100 yards! Go M1A!

Boldkharma

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Plano
    Has anyone posted Colt's press release yet? I didn't see it in the thread.

https://www.colt.com/news/2630

I guess they say that they're all about selling to the civilian market, imply that they're temporarily dedicating all long gun capacity to military and LEO contracts, and express commitment to selling 1911s and revolvers. I think they expect the reader to believe that they will return to manufacturing civilian market long guns when the contracts/conditions change, but they carefully avoid stating that.

Also did someone say M1A? Best gun ever and I will outshoot anything you have! I can put holes in the same penny at 1100 yards! Go M1A!

It's nothing new. Colt has done this before. If people want to buy cheaper rifles I can't blame Colt. When the market conditions change, and they will seeing how there is a current Colt buying frenzy, and they catch up on all the military/LEO orders they will produce more : )

Top Bottom