• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2009
    New Braunfels
    I think i got a pretty good grasp of the workings now. This pictorial walkthough helped a lot. [url]http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index.php?topic=2063.0[/URL]

You cant learn if you dont dive in. Plus i might inadvertantly be creating some work for a pistolsmith. Just doin my part to stimulate the economy. I been looking at order this book from Midway. Any opinions? "The Colt .45 Automatic: A Shop Manual Volume 1" by Jerry Kuhnhausen [url]http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productnumber=199119[/URL]

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    The manual'd be a good start. But dude - think about it - what would YOU say if I walked in the shop tomorrow and talked about poppin' the heads on my bike the day before a major trip....without a manual?? You're CARRYING that gun to protect your tail - PLEASE stop screwing with it until you have a back-up AND know what you're doing.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2009
    New Braunfels
    I know i tell people all the time not to work on their own bikes. Im not carrying this pistol. I have a few other options for every day carry. But nothing in 45acp.........yet

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I know i tell people all the time not to work on their own bikes. Im not carrying this pistol. I have a few other options for every day carry. But nothing in 45acp.........yet

Working on it yourself isn't an issue....once you understand how it all works together. An' if I recall correctly - ain't it what you had in your back pocket over the weekend? Busted, dude!

1rightguy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Just got back from the range with my newly aquired SS Para p10 (ultra compact). Two hundred flawless rounds with a very tight pattern at ten yards. It's heavy, but easy to conceal and gives you eleven shots of .45 acp. I think I'm going to keep it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2009
    New Braunfels
    Why would i lie? You saw what i was packing the other day. And unlike some people i only carry one handgun at a time.....currently. As apposed to 5 or 6. Not naming any names.

Anyone shoot a Springfield EMP? Look nice but kinda pricey.

cubsin2079

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Wow I was reading this and cant believe no one said Springfield EMP. I have one in 9mm and it is fantastic. Fit and finish are exceptional. Incredibly accurate. Eats everything you put in it without a hiccup. FMJ or JHP. I was a little apprehensive about the price ( I paid 1200 plus tax) but it was worth it. I saw one in 40 the other day at a shop and they were asking $1399, ouch. My wifes uncle, who has had many custom 1911s, was so impressed with mine he bought one also. Shoot one youll be impressed!!

KellyAsh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2009
    Roatan, Honduras
    My vote is for a Springfield. Colts have bad reputations for reliability, Kimbers are expsensive and have tight tolerances and start to malfunction when they get dirty. Springfields seem to offer the best of all worlds but thats just one guys opinion. Good luck.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    My vote is for a Springfield. Colts have bad reputations for reliability, Kimbers are expsensive and have tight tolerances and start to malfunction when they get dirty. Springfields seem to offer the best of all worlds but thats just one guys opinion. Good luck.

You're absolutely right - them Colts are trash! By golly, those 5 in my safe (the youngest of which is 14 yrs old, the oldest is 40+) don't hold up for beans!:banghead:

And those Kimbers - obviously you've owned a LOT of 'em to be able to say such stuff with such authority! I wished I owned more'n 10 of 'em so I could find the ones that malfunction when dirty.....

LOL!!!!

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    You're absolutely right - them Colts are trash! By golly, those 5 in my safe (the youngest of which is 14 yrs old, the oldest is 40+) don't hold up for beans!:banghead:

And those Kimbers - obviously you've owned a LOT of 'em to be able to say such stuff with such authority! I wished I owned more'n 10 of 'em so I could find the ones that malfunction when dirty.....

LOL!!!!

People have different opinions and experiences. Even your 50 some-odd 1911s doesn't exactly speak for every one of the millions that have been made.

Try to be a bit more cordial next time.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    People have different opinions and experiences. Even your 50 some-odd 1911s doesn't exactly speak for every one of the millions that have been made.

Try to be a bit more cordial next time.

Huh? Sorry - thought I was coming across as pretty tongue in cheek, given the strength of condemnation of the guns. Maybe I'm in the wrong place...

KellyAsh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2009
    Roatan, Honduras
    Dangit, I missed this whole deal. I love it. To TexasRedneck, an opinion equals authority. It looks like TexasRedneck cant read very well and missed the part where I said it was one guys opinion or maybe he just cant let things go from when I called him out on his lack of knowledge of the law...not sure which one it is....maybe both. Either way, once again, he is showing his true colors.

I never said Im an expert on 1911s but I do have a fair amount of experience with them (around 20 years) and have known a few people that own them also and we all read about them as well. Most folks know that if you ask 100 people their opinion you're going to get close to 100 different opinions. Mine is just one of those.

TexasRedneck, if you disagree with my opinion, give yours and others will give theirs. Leave your butthurt ego out of it. It only makes you look insecure. If my opinion is so incorrect, the various opinions will show it and I will acknowledge that I have been educated by those more experienced. You will gain more support and respect that way. Again, JUST ONE GUYS OPINION.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom