Lynx Defense

Concealed carry holster: What’s your choice?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    White Hat holsters. They are a well made holster that will last for a long time. You can get various prints on the kydex. They are based in Texas. Pass on the horse hide because it will take months just to break in.

Crossbreed Supertuck and Minituck. Hard to go wrong with this choice either.

I carry IWB almost every time. Over the years it's been mostly G19, G26, HK P30 SK, Kahr, G43 and Springfield Hellcat. The were other holster brand used, but those two were standouts in the IWB designs.
    I would think the g43 and hellcat would be simular to the sig 365 I carry. If you ever want to try owb with those 2. The Tucker deep carry 3 barely goes below the belt line.
    DWHgHt5.jpg
    Hurley's Gold

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    "Legal holster" - I don't recall if it was said in this thread, but I've heard mention numerous times... just what is a "legal holster?"

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    "Legal holster" - I don't recall if it was said in this thread, but I've heard mention numerous times... just what is a "legal holster?"
    Only legal holster reference I know of revolves around competition.

Texas law says open carry mist be in a holster but that's as far as the wording goes.

IMHO, you should at least loose your man card if you carry in a cheap saggy uncle Mike's type nylon cordura POS holster. But that's just my opinion.

Carrying in a shitty holster is usually self correcting. Most dont watch their guns go skidding across the ground or have their pants fall to their ankles more than once.

There are also guys who never listen to the train with your gear advice and have guns locked in their level 17 retention holster.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

Competition or might be in reference to open carry.

Effective January 1, 2016 Texas Penal Code Chapter 46 will be amended. HB 910, passed by the 84th Texas Legislature, will allow persons licensed to carry a handgun, under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Texas Government Code, to openly carry a handgun in the same places that allow the licensed carrying of a concealed handgun with some exceptions, provided the handgun is carried in a shoulder or belt holster.
    – Texas license holders can carry openly or concealed in any place not expressly prohibited by law.
    – License holders may be subject to criminal charges for carrying a handgun in plain view unless carried in a shoulder or belt holster.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Only legal holster reference I know of revolves around competition.

Texas law says open carry mist be in a holster but that's as far as the wording goes.

IMHO, you should at least loose your man card if you carry in a cheap saggy uncle Mike's type nylon cordura POS holster. But that's just my opinion.

Carrying in a shitty holster is usually self correcting. Most dont watch their guns go skidding across the ground or have their pants fall to their ankles more than once.

There are also guys who never listen to the train with your gear advice and have guns locked in their level 17 retention holster.
    Level 17 holy chit batman... Hahahahaha...

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Crossbreed Super Tuck IWB or Galco 3-slot OWB for full-sized SIG

Galco 3-slot OWB for 1911A1

Alien Gear Cloak Tuck IWB or De Santis scabbard OWB for Ruger SR9C

Alien Gear Cloak Tuck IWB or De Santis Gun Hide pocket holster for KelTec PF9.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    I tried a CYA IWB with a P365. Horrible was my first impression. Dressed in jeans and tee shirt I could not grab the pistol without grabbing my side. Grip was pinned to my waist. I’m 5’10” 170#s. I tried it AIWB, back on my hip. No where felt good. Maybe with practice it might work but for me to have any hope of getting the pistol out in a timely fashion took two hands. Even then I couldn’t get it out w/o the sights getting hung up on my tee shirt.

Pistol Pete

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2010
    Texas
    Again, are you using an actual pocket holster? They're designed not to add bulk.

I have a couple nylon pocket holster, they add bulk. How do you add the holster made of some kind of material with out adding bulk. I have never seen a pocket holster that wouldn't add bulk. Have you ever carried in a pocket???

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    There will be some bulk because it's a gun, heh!
    I can't hide a gun or something that large in my pockets 'cause I'm too skinny. It would look like having a pocket full of sand! :frog: I can usually make some of my guns work inside the waistband and covered by a shirt tail.

Top Bottom