• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Exactly. We had one employee there freaked out when a parishioner told her someone was carrying. She told this to the wife and I not realizing we were both more armed than the Bolivian Army at the time.

When I am an usher, I make it a point of being more heavily armed, not with my usual CC, but with an M&P FS. Too many things have happened in churches.

Stumpy

Landman/Presbyterian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Slaton, TX
    I love God but detest churches. If I DID go to church, my little buddy would be right there with me.

Flash

All a church building is is a building where local believers gather to pray, worship, learn, etc.

Scripture is clear on this practice. It's important. See Hebrews 10:24-25

No thread derailment intended.

I have yet to get my CHL. Just waiting on the state. I will carry everywhere legal once I get the plastic. In Midland, I know of several folks who carry at church, including staff.

From the desk of a literate squirrel named Leonard.

Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    Statistically you have the same chance of needing to defend yourself in church compared to going to Walmart. I googled it.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    What about Houses of Worship that also happen to be schools? It's a bit of a gray area, isn't it?

Eli

State of Texas says no go. I doubt any politicain would ever touch it to allow CHL on Sundays either. I started carrying a knife (not that it will do any good) at service as I have to leave my EDC in the car. There is zero security or awareness with anyone there about it so I pray extra hard and precise when entering and leaving. There has been some talk about buying land and building a church but no dates have been set.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Depends on the Walmart. :)

And the church.

kUbwDwO.jpg

Hfrog355

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Interesting topic.

To retrace a bit as I'm still relatively new to CHL, carrying in a church is legal unless written (in the form of 30.06 signage) or express verbal notice is given that it is not, correct? So, essentially, unless a 30.06 sign is properly displayed or it is publicly stated (I presume this must be repeated at some sort of regular interval to properly notify new members), a CHL holder may carry in a church, correct?

Wabbit69

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Austin
    My pastor proudly displayed his CHL when I had lunch with him as a new member a year or so ago. He asked me for advice on holsters or other methods of carry and access while his robe was on during services. 'Nuff said.

Wabbit69

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Austin
    One thing that complicates our situation is the fact that that my church campus includes a K-8 school. This requires a fair degree of prudence, discretion, and paying attention to the language of 46.035(f).

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Interesting topic.

To retrace a bit as I'm still relatively new to CHL, carrying in a church is legal unless written (in the form of 30.06 signage) or express verbal notice is given that it is not, correct? So, essentially, unless a 30.06 sign is properly displayed or it is publicly stated (I presume this must be repeated at some sort of regular interval to properly notify new members), a CHL holder may carry in a church, correct?

Correct

Top Bottom