• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Any of y'all ever tried to catch or handle a feral cat?
    I have. Talk about traumatic!

ATX_Shawn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Austin
    Anything furry that could be construed as "cute" is taken out of my childrens' sight to be killed. My boys are old enough that it's not as much of an issue, but nobody kills small furry animals in front of my daughter. It's not "PC lets-not-offend-anyone" crap, it's called "not reducing a small child to tears unnecessarily".

I see and respect your point. In particular, not making a small child cry unnecessarily. Please know I was not pointing you out as one of the PC dont offend people, people. Far as daughters go.. It could be a long long time before you can kill something furry without tears.. Just sayin.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Thanks, Shawn. It's only one of the issues I have with this officer's actions. The biggest other one being that he discharged his firearm unnecessarily in this woman's back yard - what penalties would the homeowner have faced if she had taken the same action? Reckless discharge, animal cruelty, child endangerment?

If he was really competent to be an animal control officer, then he'd have had gloves to protect himself and probably one of those rope-on-a-pole contraptions to catch uncooperative animals. The cats could easily have been removed and destroyed elsewhere appropriately.

subseashooter

Use Your Imagination.....
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Here and There
    Anything furry that could be construed as "cute" is taken out of my childrens' sight to be killed. My boys are old enough that it's not as much of an issue, but nobody kills small furry animals in front of my daughter. It's not "PC lets-not-offend-anyone" crap, it's called "not reducing a small child to tears unnecessarily".

Holy crap!! Zod has a heart!

ATX_Shawn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Austin
    Thanks, Shawn. It's only one of the issues I have with this officer's actions. The biggest other one being that he discharged his firearm unnecessarily in this woman's back yard - what penalties would the homeowner have faced if she had taken the same action? Reckless discharge, animal cruelty, child endangerment?

If he was really competent to be an animal control officer, then he'd have had gloves to protect himself and probably one of those rope-on-a-pole contraptions to catch uncooperative animals. The cats could easily have been removed and destroyed elsewhere appropriately.

Agreed..

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Obama is watching, and he'll tell her.

You do realize there's a difference between "we're probably on some watchlist anyway" and "Obama is watching us!" right? If he was watching me, his Dumbo ears would fall off from the things I say about his intelligence, suitability for his job, and general level of competence...

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    fpNRFSN.png

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    8-10 weeks, a cat can't do a whole lot to you, especially if you've got a pair of gloves. Sounds kind of like this guy isn't all together in the head. Might be best to get him evaluated closely before they let him come to work again.

subseashooter

Use Your Imagination.....
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Here and There
    You do realize there's a difference between "we're probably on some watchlist anyway" and "Obama is watching us!" right? If he was watching me, his Dumbo ears would fall off from the things I say about his intelligence, suitability for his job, and general level of competence...

Any guy going by "General Zod" is being watched.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    8-10 weeks, a cat can't do a whole lot to you, especially if you've got a pair of gloves. Sounds kind of like this guy isn't all together in the head. Might be best to get him evaluated closely before they let him come to work again.

He made it through the psych evals for 30 years so it seems they feel he is good to go kill more kittens

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Possibly a new trend?

http://www.13abc.com/story/21810409/stryker-police-under-investigation-for-allegedly-killing-cats

Williams County, OH - The Stryker Police Department is under investigation for allegedly killing cats and dumping them in the Tiffin River.
    No criminal charges have been filed yet. However, the case has been sent to the prosecutor's office in Bryan for review. The center of the investigation is stray cats. According to the complaint, Stryker officers trapped and shot the cats and then threw their carcasses into the Tiffin River.

Top Bottom