• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Variolation: the process by which infective material from someone infected with smallpox (variola) was used to infect another individual in the hopes that their infection would be less severe (it generally wasn't much less severe).

The Pfizer and Moderna mRNA vaccines are a fairly new concept, and while mRNA vaccines may be the future of vaccines, I'm not interested for now...

Correct. Variolation they used the actual agent in a way that would presumably cause less severe disease. With small pox, they used a branch with puss on it and scraped the back of someone. Most people did fine, and only a small percentage developed true severe smallpox infection.

RNA vaccines seem like a really awesome concept. They have actually been in the works for the better part of a decade. Even without COVID-19, they would have come up in the next few years.

I do think there is a good possibility that COVID may be added tot he list of annual or semi-annual vaccines we get, but it won’t be that big of a deal.
    Capitol Armory ad

smw66

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2021
    USA
    Well all yall can have mine.
    Want my mask too
    Worked every day since this bs started.

Ive had every vetted vaccine
    I dont do flu shots.
    Wont be doing this kung fu flu shot either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So are you working today ? Right now ?

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Correct. Variolation they used the actual agent in a way that would presumably cause less severe disease. With small pox, they used a branch with puss on it and scraped the back of someone. Most people did fine, and only a small percentage developed true severe smallpox infection.

RNA vaccines seem like a really awesome concept. They have actually been in the works for the better part of a decade. Even without COVID-19, they would have come up in the next few years.

I do think there is a good possibility that COVID may be added tot he list of annual or semi-annual vaccines we get, but it won’t be that big of a deal.

Well add it to a list of annual vaccines I'll never be getting. You are more than welcome to my share of the vaccine though.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016

Yeah, it's like mRNA vaccines offer the opportunity for those developing them to alter your DNA to produce whatever protein they want... like a virus.

With great power comes great responsibility, only I'm not trusting those with great power much these days!

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    He probably works at least six days a week. What is your point?

Actually Im pd to work M-F from 8a to 5p. I sell and distribute aviation parts and supplies in beautiful SATX.
    We are closed on weekends.

Weekends I do work on my land and or around my domicile but it is for me so its not work its life.

My store is open to the public.
    Stop by if your in the area.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Yeah, it's like mRNA vaccines offer the opportunity for those developing them to alter your DNA to produce whatever protein they want... like a virus.

With great power comes great responsibility, only I'm not trusting those with great power much these days!

Actually, no. Messenger RNA is the strand that is made from DNA to produce the proteins. The reason for the two shots and the ultra low temp freezers is because it degrades so quickly. It doesn’t alter your DNA.

The J&J vaccine on the other hand . . . .

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    My wife just scheduled her first covid shot for Thursday morning. I don't know why they called her because she hasn't reached 60 yet and has no health issues. Her's will be Phizer, mine shot was Moderna. Mine was from UT Medicine and my wifes will be too. University Hospital called me this morning and wanted to schedule me for one. I guess the vaccines are becoming more plentiful.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    Ill just drop this here.

An allergic reaction would have been obvious. Urticaria, hives, swelling of face or tongue. difficulty breathing. I've had people that age die in front of me who haven't gotten any injections.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    An allergic reaction would have been obvious. Urticaria, hives, swelling of face or tongue. difficulty breathing. I've had people that age die in front of me who haven't gotten any injections.
    He may have died do to the stress of worrying about the injection after hearing from all the fear mongers. Even if his death was a reaction to the injection, he's one person while 348 people in Bexar county died of covid last month.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    My BIL is currently in a fight for his life. Caught covid and did nothing for a week or so thinking it would pass - it did not. Went to Emergi care. Dangerously low oxy content. Going on week 2 at the hospital
    . Is going through or has completed Remdesivir treatment. 2 days ago they were going to put him on a ventilator. He was on 100% oxygen 60 lph(not sure of rate). Then lowered it tp 50 lph. Then moved him to ICU so they could give him more oxygen. Then they canceled the ventilator as he was responding well to upped oxygen, this is today. Then only hours later the doctor informed my sister that my BIL had had an "episode" and they put him on the ventilator under emergency conditions. When they first canceled putting him on the ventilator his oxy content was 85% and improving then, obviously' his condition took a nose dive.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    My BIL is currently in a fight for his life. Caught covid and did nothing for a week or so thinking it would pass - it did not. Went to Emergi care. Dangerously low oxy content. Going on week 2 at the hospital
    . Is going through or has completed Remdesivir treatment. 2 days ago they were going to put him on a ventilator. He was on 100% oxygen 60 lph(not sure of rate). Then lowered it tp 50 lph. Then moved him to ICU so they could give him more oxygen. Then they canceled the ventilator as he was responding well to upped oxygen, this is today. Then only hours later the doctor informed my sister that my BIL had had an "episode" and they put him on the ventilator under emergency conditions. When they first canceled putting him on the ventilator his oxy content was 85% and improving then, obviously' his condition took a nose dive.
    Sorry to hear that. My brother has it and has had diarrhea for two weeks. He won't go see a doctor because he doesn't want to be admitted into the hospital.

Top Bottom